Chelsea v Liverpool

Jase

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if there's any chance we'll see Chalobah in the remaining games now that his time at Reading is over?

I don't think it's possible. He already played for two teams (Burnley and Reading) this season.

You just have to laugh at the pre-emptive reasoning by our fans. They know damn well Mourinho will NEVER start youth regarldess of the difficulty of the games so they're rationilizing his decisions before he's even made it.

We have absolutely nothing to play for anymore yet people think it's risky to try out the a few players from the best academy in Europe. LOL.

Can someone please take the keyboard away from this lad? ^^

Because I speak the truth? What's the point of not giving a few of the young lads a chance when the seasons already done & dusted?

Jose will go for the win here.

He doesn't want to lose to fucking Brendan Rodgers at home.

If that's Jose's reasoning then I feel sorry for him. Putting personal pride before what's better for the club would be shameful.

Cech, Luis, Ake, Solanke and RLC should feature in the last games IMO. RLC should get a starting position in this game and who knows what might happen. What if he scores a goal? Then starts another game after this and media start building up the hype. Might end up saving us the 30+ mil on another midfielder. Ake is another player who should get playing time in game after Liverpool to prove that he is good enough to be the backup for Azpilicueta next season in case Luis leaves. Solanke will probably be loaned out next season but I would love to see at least a glimpse of him in the remaining games.

Champions!

Jose Mourinho:

“His experience this season has been magnificent.

“In my opinion, next year, he has two ways to go. One would be a big mistake and another one is the correct direction.

“To go on loan for a Championship team, or to another team in England or in Europe, would be a big mistake.

“Staying at Chelsea, training with the first-team, having pre-season with the first-team, some periods cover to the main strikers, playing for the U21s and U18s every week.

“I think he would never need to go out on loan and just go step by step here and in a couple of years he’ll be a first-team player.

“When there is a player like Solanke or Loftus-Cheek, this kind of player that we know for sure they have potential to play for Chelsea one day, I think when they are so young it is better for them to stay and develop at Chelsea.”

There is your answer mate.

We are now officially Champions.

We need to keep that winning mentality

Strongest team possible

Everyone knows retaining a title is more difficult - that's what made Fergie a great manager...

To be fair, I haven't seen that quote anywhere. Cheers for telling me. Well then, I hope Remy is recovered. As much as I love Drogba to bits, I think Remy gives better link - up play and movement off the ball, something Drogba lacks given his age and easy stamina loss. I realise titles are not won solely with youth players, but for me these last three matches are where I want to see RLC play. Mainly because he has the physique and atleticism to actually make it, at a spot we need.

Here.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/01/jose-mourinho-chelsea-diego-costa-injury

Costa missed Spain’s subsequent international fixtures and, having been thrown on from the bench at half-time against Stoke on 4 April, tore the muscle again in his left leg and was replaced after only 12 minutes. Asked if the striker, who has been taking some part in training over the past 10 days, would feature against Palace, Mourinho said he was “out”.

“It’s not been a setback but it just isn’t worth the risk,” he explained. “In this process, in the last month, if we lose a game and we don’t want to lose a second match, he will be back immediately. But, because the results in the last month were always victories and a draw against the team in second [Arsenal], we don’t need to rush him. We are trying to give him maximum stability for him to be stronger and stronger. No need for any risk.”

Mourinho, who will have Loïc Rémy fit to return on Sunday after calf trouble, was asked if it was likely Costa would feature again this season. “There is a chance he might not,” he said of his 19-goal top scorer. “If we win Sunday, I would say he doesn’t play next week against Liverpool. If we don’t win on Sunday and we need points against Liverpool, I’d say he would play against them. It’s about judging it result after result. If we don’t need him, probably he doesn’t play.”