• Loftus-Cheek
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Remy
    • Cahill (sub)
    • Matic (sub)
    • Cuadrado (sub)

In the first game Can's goal and the chance they had just before (Coutinho?) came as they simply ran through the midfield. We can't match their mobility in that area.

I remember the Can goal now. Moving forward with the ball, acres of space and no one closing in on him. Long range shot deflected off Cahill. That was terrible, yeah.

Coutinho always causes problems with his dribbling, the centre of midfield and defence is sluggish. Mehh, at least they never won a game.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Filipe Luis' biggest fan, but you could see that match why José prefers Azpi. Luis gets exposed when he's caught out on an island in one on one situations often times. The thing that Azpi excels at.

As for the match, great first half for the most part and then coast mode in the second half.

Like someone above said, our midfield gets carved apart far too easily. This is why we need another top class and athletic player in there. We need to control the midfield.

Hazard had a few flashes here and there but most of his attacks fizzled out. You can tell he's been through a grueling season and is cranking his level down recently.

Willian and Cesc were very good I thought and JT was JT.

Don't think anyone had a poor match. Just the usual brain fart from Ivanovic that gifted them the goal.

That's 4 matches we've played against Liverpool this season and they've consistently cut through our midfield so easily in every single one. Oh well, still only 2 defeats in the PL and 90 points is still achievable.

Annoyed that we can't get beyond the 90-point mark now. Could have become the first team to earn more than 90 points in a PL season more than twice!

In the first game Can's goal and the chance they had just before (Coutinho?) came as they simply ran through the midfield. We can't match their mobility in that area.

That's the problem when we have proactive midfielders and striker but the defenders are reactive. All but one of our defenders are reactive, which is just awful really. It's preventing us from pressing high up the pitch at times.

any video of the ground of honor?

It was quite cool to see indeed. I especially liked the flame throwers surrounding the Blue Carpet. I am sure if you find a download of the match, it will have that sequence as the first part.

Did Remy do anything all game?

I felt the same, but let's remember he is returning from a calf injury & is a bit rusty. I wished he could have made more forward runs, instead of letting either Cesc, Hazard or Willian run in front of him. They were looking for him, but he was no where to be found.

what he said?

Was asked by interviewer if he appreciated the applause from the Chelsea fans when he came off. He said no, not thinking about those few seconds, they (CFCs fans) gave me stick all march and it was nice for them to turn up for once.

Paste that from internet

what he said?

When asked about the standing ovation from the Chelsea fans he said, "I care more about the ovation from the Liverpool fans. Chelsea have been digging me for the whole game and a few minutes of ovation isn't going to change that. It was nice of them to turn up for once"

I'm Filipe Luis' biggest fan, but you could see that match why José prefers Azpi. Luis gets exposed when he's caught out on an island in one on one situations often times. The thing that Azpi excels at.

As for the match, great first half for the most part and then coast mode in the second half.

Like someone above said, our midfield gets carved apart far too easily. This is why we need another top class and athletic player in there. We need to control the midfield.

Hazard had a few flashes here and there but most of his attacks fizzled out. You can tell he's been through a grueling season and is cranking his level down recently.

Willian and Cesc were very good I thought and JT was JT.

Don't think anyone had a poor match. Just the usual brain fart from Ivanovic that gifted them the goal.

I think this happens because our midfielders/attacker press but the defenders don't push up. It makes for a very disjointed press that is easy to work around; two or three passes and the opposition seem to be running at our back 4 with lots of space.

Annoyed that we can't get beyond the 90-point mark now. Could have become the first team to earn more than 90 points in a PL season more than twice!

Yeah it's a shame but 90 points is still a good achievement in itself.

That's the problem when we have proactive midfielders and striker but the defenders are reactive. All but one of our defenders are reactive, which is just awful really. It's preventing us from pressing high up the pitch at times.
Cahill backing off for that Sterling run in the second half was almost déjà vu.

This really annoys me, and that's why I'm hoping for a quality injection in defence.

I think this happens because our midfielders/attacker press but the defenders don't push up. It makes for a very disjointed press that is easy to work around; two or three passes and the opposition seem to be running at our back 4 with lots of space.

True. And also because Matic and Cesc have almost no pace and struggle against those who have pace themselves.

If we changed our formation next season to a 4-3-3 we could have another top class player in there who can be used to outnumber opponents and control the game.

We need to step up and become a bit more like the top 3-4 clubs in Europe and be more aggressive with possesion. No more counter attacking and letting the opponent have the initiative. Not saying we play tippy tappy nonsense like Bayern or Barca, but with someone like Koke in our midfield along with Cesc we can take our side to the next level.