Chelsea's Player Of The Year

Player of the Year   

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your FIRST CHOICE for PotY?

• John Terry (TotS)
    • Thibaut Courtois
    • Diego Costa (TotS)
    • Cesar Azpilicueta
    • Eden Hazard (TotS)
    • Cesc Fabregas
    • Nemanja Matic (TotS)
    • Branislav Ivanovic (TotS)
    • Gary Cahill (TotS)
  2. 2. Who is your SECOND CHOICE for PotY?

• John Terry (TotS)
    • Thibaut Courtois
    • Diego Costa (TotS)
    • Cesar Azpilicueta
    • Eden Hazard (TotS)
    • Cesc Fabregas
    • Nemanja Matic (TotS)
    • Gary Cahill (TotS)
  3. 3. Who is your THIRD CHOICE for PotY?

• John Terry (TotS)
    • Thibaut Courtois
    • Diego Costa (TotS)
    • Cesar Azpilicueta
    • Eden Hazard (TotS)
    • Cesc Fabregas
    • Nemanja Matic (TotS)
    • Gary Cahill (TotS)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added a poll. Vote for your top three. I've gone with the names most consistently used in this thread and those on the PFA Team of the Year, which is a fair enough shortlist.

I'll then use this poll to inform a top three for our official PotY awards.

Nominations in the FIRST CHOICE are awarded three points per vote; nominations in the SECOND CHOICE are awarded two points; and nominations in the THIRD CHOICE are awarded one point.

e.g., if Costa has 11 votes in first choice, 17 votes in second choice, and 7 points in third choice, he'll get 33 (11 x 3 points), 34 (17 x 2 points) and 7 (7 x 1 point), totalling 74 points.

Hazard

Terry

Costa

Woulda had Costa higher if he'd maintained his start but injuries have stopped him having a great season. The other 2 have been the most consistent 2.

Matic has also had a very good season.

Hazard

Costa

Terry.

The three best and important players in the squad. Not a lot in it between Fabregas and Oscar if Oscar was given a run in that role. Dave is a very solid player a better defender then Luiz but Luiz is more of a threat going forward and is a better crosser of the ball. Cech and Courtois not a lot in that either but i think Courtois could be one of the all time greats in a few years if he commands his area better. But i'm really worried about Cuadrado. Just not convinced he's anyway good enough no question we need width but i don't think i've seen him take a full back on and get passed him.

Went for :

1. Hazard

2. Courtois

3. Fabregas

1. Because he's the best player since day one until now. Consistency and utter quality.

2. Because he has bed in in the league seamlessly. It just shows his class but one thing that he impressed me and why I was waiting for his arrival is his ability with collecting long balls. He just bosses this element which I hugely missed since 2006. Also he made first real mistake only until 31st January, it's immense for someone new in the league. Apart from that he showed mental strength and won us points and he is 22, already nominated for Ballon D'or AS A GOALKEEPER despite not being flashy like Neuer.

3. Because he has changed our style and added something which our midfield begged for. From Lampard/Ramires/Meireles playing as our main creator to Fabregas, it's huge, positive step forward. That's the type of player we needed and after missing out Modric in 2011 I genuinely thought that we gave up in principle signing creative midfielder. Of course I can't forget that he went AWOL from January becoming player a couple levels below and he is in and around useless in big games but he symbolizes step in positive direction. His general play until late December won us points, we finally started to play good football against every team below our level. And that's for now outweights his disappearance in big games/second part of the season.

Ahh the annual rate your favourite player thread!

1. Hazard obviously

2. JT

3. Costa tied with Cesc as both have produced great numbers but slowed down in the second part of the season