Leicester v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leicester main weapon is there energy, and after jus three days of rest that weapon will be weakened.

It's a good time to be playing them all things considered. It is not a game were they have to pick up any points anymore after their 4 straight victories. It has just become a bonus match for them.

Their next four fixtures after us are Newcastle (H), Southampton (H), Sunderland (A), QPR (H). Those fixtures will determine wether they stay up or not; not the one against us, so he certainly will be able to rest some players for the game against us.

Against Newcastle they should be aiming for 3 points and try to avoid defeat against Sunderland and QPR and they will be ok imo.

Just hope we don't suffer a hang-over after our good results against ManU and Arsenal and we don't make it ourselves too difficult

Mou: ‘I ask myself in the future, when I am a granddad at home with my grandsons, maybe football will be played without goals, and we will just enjoy seeing people passing the ball. Maybe to put the ball into the net won’t be an objective, and maybe stopping the ball going into your own goal won’t matter.'

LOL :D

For those that have actually seen Leicester play this season, they are surprisingly one of the most creative teams in the league, even against the big sides, they do create an awful lot of chances but have little to no end product. If they get efficient and put away their chances against us (I'm confident they will have a couple against us) we might be in trouble giving our striker predicament and how the goals have dried up for us.

Jesus first time posting here in a while.

I expect us to beat Leicester. I watched them against Burnley and they were brutal. Granted neither team wanted to lose but they stole the win neither team deserved it to be honest. They are a good side though and as Lionsden said above me they can be very creative.

I do think our strengths counteract their strengths though. I think Matic and Zouma would be ideal, but I think Jose will start Ramires. The less said about his season the better and I really don't want to see him stay this summer but he looked less horrible then he usually does yesterday (missing the chance granted) and in the United game. Zouma should play though imo.

I fancy us to nick one off a set piece and Hazard to make it 2.

I do think a Guard of honour against Liverpool would be brilliant but so would winning it against them, Its a great problem to have.

For those that have actually seen Leicester play this season, they are surprisingly one of the most creative teams in the league, even against the big sides, they do create an awful lot of chances but have little to no end product. If they get efficient and put away their chances against us (I'm confident they will have a couple against us) we might be in trouble giving our striker predicament and how the goals have dried up for us.

This. They have an appallingly poor defense though and Wes Morgan is one of the worst players in the League.

Would you play Oscar at 9 again or Drogba?

Far more worried about this than I was about the Arsenal game, which was ultimately a piece of cake. Leicester are, to put it bluntly, on a fucking roll. They're buzzing, their tails are up, and they have absolutely nothing to lose considering the position they are in and the teams they still have to play. They're not safe, but you'd fancy they'll take more points against the teams they have to play later in the season - so they'll see this as an added bonus.

I'll be quite honest and say I'd take a point now if you offered it to me; for three reasons - 1) the above reasoning - they're in good form, scoring goals, and not looking too shabby at the back for the first time this season; 2) I wouldn't mind Leicester staying up, as a Midlands boy I'm embarrassed by the state of Midlands football at the minute, so seeing Villa in an FA Cup final, Leicester potentially staying up and Derby having a slight chance of joining them next year through the play-offs is a good thing to me; and 3) I'd fucking love to win it against Liverpool.

As for the team, I'd expect:

Courtois

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Luis

Matic - Fabregas

Ramires - Hazard - Willian

King Didier

As appealing as winning it vs Liverpool sounds id rather get it done then leave it to chance.

If we end up dropping point's vs Liverpool we would then go to The Hathorns needing 3 point's and Tony Pulis sides in their back yard make me incredibly nervous.

I know Oscar might not make it for Wednesday but I don't get why people think Cuadrado will start. He has looked out of his depth whenever he's been given the chance and we still need points to seal the title. Suspect Mourinho would just make one change from the XI that played against Arsenal - Costa or Drogba to come in for Oscar.

He hasn't had a real chance yet mate. He comes on when we are chasing a game with 10 minutes to go, generally meaning the whole teams been average. He's only started 1 or 2 games, give him a chance to influence the game from the start.

Kramaric: "I never had a chance to meet [Chelsea boss Jose] Mourinho, it is true there was an option for me to join Chelsea," Kramaric told the Vecemji List newspaper.

"It wasn't an easy decision for me, but after I heard I was supposed to go on loan somewhere outside England, I rejected Chelsea and chose Leicester because I wanted to feel real football, I wanted to play in Premier League!"

Well, I don't really mind we've missed out on him.

He added: "I've played against Man United, Man City and Arsenal, and I am not impressed at all by their strength.."

:D

Oscar was knocked out in that game against Arsenal. i doubt if he will play this wednesday at all.

Sometimes strange thing happened. Who knows, if he is playing, I bet we will see a different Oscar, no way he will be the same player, after his head has been bumped that hard.

Kramaric: "I never had a chance to meet [Chelsea boss Jose] Mourinho, it is true there was an option for me to join Chelsea," Kramaric told the Vecemji List newspaper.

"It wasn't an easy decision for me, but after I heard I was supposed to go on loan somewhere outside England, I rejected Chelsea and chose Leicester because I wanted to feel real football, I wanted to play in Premier League!"

Well, I don't really mind we've missed out on him.

He added: "I've played against Man United, Man City and Arsenal, and I am not impressed at all by their strength.."

:D

Well enjoy your Championship next season fella.

He hasn't had a real chance yet mate. He comes on when we are chasing a game with 10 minutes to go, generally meaning the whole teams been average. He's only started 1 or 2 games, give him a chance to influence the game from the start.

That may be true but it still doesn't take away the fact that he hasn't done anything of note. In fact, it appears he's even struggling to cope with the physical demands of the Premier League. That's likely why Mourinho has hardly used him and he's said he will only come to the fore next season. I doubt we'll see Cuadrado start a game until we have sealed the title.