Leicester v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think he said Costa was a major doubt. Drogba will start this one. Be surprised to even see Costa on the bench to be honest.

Only concern going into this one would be fear of complacency. That after 3 massive matches of such importance we drop a level. I just don't think they have enough quality in attack or in midfield to trouble us much if we're up for it.

Hope José opts for Cuadrado here instead of Ramires on the wing. Perfect match against a small side for Cuadrado to play in. Also, PLEASE José, let's give Luis a go! Give them an extra headache they'll have to deal with. Hazard and Luis down one side should be way too much for them.

---------------------Drogba--------------------

Hazard------------Willian------------Cuadrado

---------------Fabregas----Matic---------------

Luis--------Terry---------Cahill---------Ivanovic

--------------------Courtois----------------------

I know Oscar might not make it for Wednesday but I don't get why people think Cuadrado will start. He has looked out of his depth whenever he's been given the chance and we still need points to seal the title. Suspect Mourinho would just make one change from the XI that played against Arsenal - Costa or Drogba to come in for Oscar.

Compared to last year we have made some progress.

The stats are as follows:

[a] 2013-14 with 33 matches played, total points = 72
2014-15 with 33 matches playes, total points = 77

Against the major four opponents Arsenal, Man. City, Man. United and Liverpool:

2013-14 in 7 matches 17 points
2014-15 in 7 matches 14 points

I 'm not counting the match Chelsea v. Liverpool because this year's is yet to be played (n.b. 2-1
win last year).

[c] Europe. More or less the same. Last year we were drawn against a weak opponent for the stage of
16 (Galata Saray) and for the stage of 8 we were lucky against Paris Saint Germain (aggregate
score 3-3, away goal ours).
This year we played against the French team for the stage of 16 and this time they were lucky
(aggregate score 3-3, away goal theirs).

Although the opposition at home was not good enough, statistic demonstrates that we did not take direct advantage of it, so Chelsea did really improve overall.
The improvement is some 15% I 'd say and if a similar amount of progress is registered in 2015-16 it will be fine.

Far more worried about this than I was about the Arsenal game, which was ultimately a piece of cake. Leicester are, to put it bluntly, on a fucking roll. They're buzzing, their tails are up, and they have absolutely nothing to lose considering the position they are in and the teams they still have to play. They're not safe, but you'd fancy they'll take more points against the teams they have to play later in the season - so they'll see this as an added bonus.

I'll be quite honest and say I'd take a point now if you offered it to me; for three reasons - 1) the above reasoning - they're in good form, scoring goals, and not looking too shabby at the back for the first time this season; 2) I wouldn't mind Leicester staying up, as a Midlands boy I'm embarrassed by the state of Midlands football at the minute, so seeing Villa in an FA Cup final, Leicester potentially staying up and Derby having a slight chance of joining them next year through the play-offs is a good thing to me; and 3) I'd fucking love to win it against Liverpool.

As for the team, I'd expect:

Courtois

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Luis

Matic - Fabregas

Ramires - Hazard - Willian

King Didier

Far more worried about this than I was about the Arsenal game, which was ultimately a piece of cake. Leicester are, to put it bluntly, on a fucking roll. They're buzzing, their tails are up, and they have absolutely nothing to lose considering the position they are in and the teams they still have to play. They're not safe, but you'd fancy they'll take more points against the teams they have to play later in the season - so they'll see this as an added bonus.

I'll be quite honest and say I'd take a point now if you offered it to me; for three reasons - 1) the above reasoning - they're in good form, scoring goals, and not looking too shabby at the back for the first time this season; 2) I wouldn't mind Leicester staying up, as a Midlands boy I'm embarrassed by the state of Midlands football at the minute, so seeing Villa in an FA Cup final, Leicester potentially staying up and Derby having a slight chance of joining them next year through the play-offs is a good thing to me; and 3) I'd fucking love to win it against Liverpool.

Courtois

Matic - Fabregas

King Didier

but think of the scum having to give us a guard of honour.

Courtois

Matic - Fabregas

King Didier

United were on a roll, we soon put fucking pay to them cunts. We will do to Leicester too.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did play a weakened team. He is not going to throw the towel against us however Newcastle is much more of a winnable fixture for them than this game. Considering Newcastle have lost 7 on the trot and all the other atrocities going there, I could understand why Leicester would want to put more into that match than this one.