Post-season in Thailand and Australia

Parky

This is an absolute dream for me. Chelsea is going to play my local team Sydney FC in June. I will definitely be going to the game. KTBFFH!! :blue scalf:

chelsea-to-play-in-australia.img.png

Chelsea Football Club will travel to Australia to play a friendly match against Sydney FC at the ANZ Stadium on Tuesday 2 June.

It will be the first time the Blues have played Down Under in more than 40 years, as Jose Mourinho takes his squad to face the A-League title-chasers at the end of the Barclays Premier League season.

The Sydney match will kick off at 8pm local time (11am UK time), with a strong squad travelling to Australia as we bring the curtain down on a campaign that has already delivered the Capital One Cup.

Our two previous visits to Australia were also post-season trips, playing 11 games during a month-long stay in 1965 before a six-match tour in 1974.

The game will be shown live on chelseafc.com around the world, and live on Chelsea TV in the UK and Ireland – the only place to see all our summer action.

Chelsea Chairman Bruce Buck said: ‘We are delighted to be returning to Australia for the first time in many years and look forward to playing at the iconic ANZ Stadium.

‘We can’t wait to see our many fans there as we show our appreciation for their long-distance support of the club. We are sure the team will put on an entertaining display as we end what has already been a memorable campaign.’

Manager Jose Mourinho added: ‘We are very pleased we are coming to Sydney at the end of our season, for the first time in more than 40 years, and we hope our Australian fans can come and watch us play.’

The post-season trip, added to Premier League action and our involvement in the International Champions Cup in North America, means fans on three continents will be able to see Chelsea play this summer.

Tickets for the Sydney match will go on sale from Wednesday 6 May. Click back soon for more details.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone knows how many matches we will play after the end of Premier League ?.

I had also heard that maybe we played in Japan by agreement with Yokohama ...

These matches, and the last four of the season, can be perfect to play with our young guys like Nathan Ake, Zouma, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Issy Brown or Solanke. In addition to using Cuadrado.

Regards.

I will definitely be getting a plane ticket from Brisbane! Can't wait.

When more details come out about the tickets, someone please post the exact times they go on sale and what not. I'm hoping it isn't too expensive.

I want to see our strongest XI at least for one half as I will be at the game. :dance:

Now need to focus on getting some good tickets.. :blue scalf:

Exactly. Our Aussie fans have been waiting 40 odd years for this and they'll be paying good money for tickets and travel. On top of that, the sponsors will be forking out a huge sum of money to the club. Fortunately that sponsorship agreement is virtually certain to stipulate that the top players must appear and surely that's exactly what the club would want to serve up any way. Why go all that way only to let people down?

That said, I certainly hope that there will be seats on the plane, and some minutes on the pitch, for a number of youngsters.

How beautiful is that stadium by the way?

Considering this match is fixtured a few days before Euro 2016 Qual/Friendly internationals ... bugger all chance of any international player making the trip as they would be in their national team training camps

Anyone been able to purchase tickets yet? Apparently they went on sale today but I cant find anywhere to purchase them atm..

I thought the tickets are released on the 6th of May? Unless there is a pre-sale or something I don't know about?

I thought the tickets are released on the 6th of May? Unless there is a pre-sale or something I don't know about?

Yeah your right. I got the dates mixed up hehe..

Aren't Tottenham over in Sydney at the same time? Maybe an exhibition game against them too?

Yes, they are also playing Sydney FC three days before us.

An exhibition would make sense but doesn't sound like it will be happening at the moment...

I'm going to be boring haha and watch it on Chelsea TV :D Going to be fun but early mornings for me since Aussie time is 12 hours ahead :D

And then we go to the USA and them fixtures are here: http://www.internationalchampionscup.com/teams/chelsea#17wFv8seFI00blPu.97

Considering this match is fixtured a few days before Euro 2016 Qual/Friendly internationals ... bugger all chance of any international player making the trip as they would be in their national team training camps

Then or squad will likely be full of youth. I'm happy either way.

...And it might just be Cech's last game in blue.