Arsenal v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, what the fuck kind of injury did Remy get?

Nearly 3 weeks since getting a knock by the time we play Arsenal and he still may not be fit? José made it sound like he had a great chance of playing against United and now he may miss this one too.

Seriously, what the fuck kind of injury did Remy get?

Nearly 3 weeks since getting a knock by the time we play Arsenal and he still may not be fit? José made it sound like he had a great chance of playing against United and now he may miss this one too.

I can see Solanke play. Remember last season @ anfield? Kalas was given the opportunity & IMHO he did a marvelous job. Man I wish Sunday would hurry it's way here. I can't wait to see this match. So many good memories these past 10 years after years of dispair vs le arse.

Solanke has no chance

Don't you think that Wenger will anticipate that and set his team up accordingly ?

So far we haven't lose against big 4 in PL and none could have a solution to break or anticipate our strategy. I'm more curious about why you think this time, Wenger of all people, will have a right approach to anticipate our strategy?

I'd go with Courtois; Ivanovic-Cahill-Terry-Azpi; Matic-Fabregas; Willian-Oscar-Hazard; Remy (if fit) for this one.

Oscar was generally very good against Man United, and so deserves to keep his place in the starting eleven (he also tends to perform well against Arsenal anyway). I wouldn't start him at RM though, as I'm not entirely convinced that his deployment there was a complete success in purely tactical terms; Shaw seemed to get into dangerous positions far too frequently, and the vast majority of Oscar's best moments (e.g. his assist) came when he had moved into more central areas of the pitch. We could possibly play a narrow 4-3-3, with Oscar staying at 'RM' and one of either Mikel or Zouma starting instead of Willian, but I would not favour this option due to the relative lack of pace we would then have in midfield areas. Arsenal are playing very well at the moment, but are still prone to leaving spaces to exploit on the counter; starting with a trio of Willian-Hazard-Remy could allow us to do this.

There IS risk attached to playing the Matic-Fabregas double-pivot, but I think that our position at the top of the table is currently secure enough to allow us to start this game with a more attacking approach; if we win we've practically won the title, if we lose we can still afford to drop points in two/three/(maybe even four) of our remaining fixtures.

Bomb on them from first minute and they wont know what hit them. I bet we would score 2 in half hour.

It could realy be Mou's masterpiece if he wont decide play safe again.

But with no striker I guess he wont take too much risk.

I'd go with Courtois; Ivanovic-Cahill-Terry-Azpi; Matic-Fabregas; Willian-Oscar-Hazard; Remy (if fit) for this one.

Oscar was generally very good against Man United, and so deserves to keep his place in the starting eleven (he also tends to perform well against Arsenal anyway). I wouldn't start him at RM though, as I'm not entirely convinced that his deployment there was a complete success in purely tactical terms; Shaw seemed to get into dangerous positions far too frequently, and the vast majority of Oscar's best moments (e.g. his assist) came when he had moved into more central areas of the pitch. We could possibly play a narrow 4-3-3, with Oscar staying at 'RM' and one of either Mikel or Zouma starting instead of Willian, but I would not favour this option due to the relative lack of pace we would then have in midfield areas. Arsenal are playing very well at the moment, but are still prone to leaving spaces to exploit on the counter; starting with a trio of Willian-Hazard-Remy could allow us to do this.

There IS risk attached to playing the Matic-Fabregas double-pivot, but I think that our position at the top of the table is currently secure enough to allow us to start this game with a more attacking approach; if we win we've practically won the title, if we lose we can still afford to drop points in two/three/(maybe even four) of our remaining fixtures.

There is risk in every system. We should be looking to impose our game on the opposition instead of reacting to what they might or might not do. Matic and Fabregas is no more or less solid than Cazorla and Coquelin.

I think Costa might at least make the bench for this one if Drogba is injured. Remy "had a knock" before the QPR game but has been out for days now. Mourinho said there was more than a 50% chance he could have played vs Man United, so he could start. I really, really hope Zouma doesn't start in midfield in this game. It doesn't make much sense for him to.

There is risk in every system. We should be looking to impose our game on the opposition instead of reacting to what they might or might not do. Matic and Fabregas is no more or less solid than Cazorla and Coquelin.

Depends, Arsenal tried that for many years and always get found out by us, MU, Barcelona, Bayern and generally every big team they played. I agree however Jose sometime needs to not take it to the extreme and play safe all the time as it will cost us like against PSG.

Imo the closest we will ever come to impose ourselves on a big team is like at City last season but that was largely due to their naivety.

Yeah, I don't see Zouma starting here. Mou clearly said Zouma played to neutralize Fellaini so no need for him in the midfield against Arsenal. I doubt Mikel is match fit yet so he won't start. Matic and Cesc can do a job or even Ramires if we want to be more defensive.

Just shut down Ozil and Cazorla (crowd the middle) and we should be able to stop them. Sanchez doesn't scare me. He's got great shooting technique but I don't see him getting free looks at our goal, especially now that he's playing on the wings.

Courtois

Ivan - Cahill - Terry - Azpi

Cesc - Matic

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Remy

Everyone's expecting Arsenal to stop us, to "get the title race back on!", like the United game. English media is just pathetic, they cant take it that Chelsea and Mourinho are running with the title with no bother at all. It really seems like its killing them.

it will be so great to shut everyone up again. I just love this feeling after Chelsea wins when everyone wanted us to lose. One more please, i dont care how.

No drogba please! Hopefully Remy is fit by then.

Love drogba, but its sadly over for him IMHO.

2-1 win.Ivanovic winner.

Have you not seen Drogba's record against Arsenal?

and people said he was finished before we went to Old Trafford and look what happened, and 2nd half against Man U on Saturday he was excellent! He is far from finished.