Chelsea v Man United

Jase

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect to see United overload their left wing (their strong side & our vulnerable one) and isolate Fellaini at the back post against Azpilicueta.

From our point of view we'll probably see Terry or Mikel/Matic marking Fellaini at the back and a willingness to allow the crosses in, which was what we did against PSG away (with Ibra playing the role of Fellaini). It didn't work in stifling them though. PSG created most of their chances including their equaliser from that side.

I would hope for something different from Jose this time and maybe an attempt to actually prevent the overload and crosses but I doubt it.

With the way United are going right now, I have a bad bad feeling about this one.

Im more worried about playing against the teams at the bottom to be fair. United arent amazing, City today were awful. We wont lose to United next week.

Im more worried about playing against the teams at the bottom to be fair. United arent amazing, City today were awful. We wont lose to United next week.

My only hope is that we usually turn up against the big sides, one way or another. So yeah, we probably won't lose. But it's just that our performances have hardly been convincing in 2015 and when you see what we put out against QPR...yikes!

You say that like we have been any better, performance wise, since the turn of the new year. Jason's concern is definitely legitimate and it would require another flawless performance from Thibo to get something out of this game since we have been rubbish at our trademark tactics in big games this season i,e parking the bus properly.

UTD are the form pick in the EPL. A lot better than when we met early in the season (was moving towards a 2-0 win, they got lucky and made it 1-1).
UTD are a bit more anxious than we are, to maintain third place.
Last EPL derby we played was against City and we had some anxiety then.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mourinho won't do that and will probably go for some boring, tired shit and if he does, he will be in for a shocker. There could be a repeat Spurs at White Hart lane earlier in the season.

He set the team up negatively even when Utd were shit (away last season) and when they were average and out of form (away this season) now imagine how negatively he would play against an in form and full of confidence utd team. I just hope we are lucky and Thibo saves our asses again because no matter how many buses we park, with the way we have defended this season, Utd will still create chances to score.

I would be more worried about this game if we were on form like United. Being the underdogs based on our recent form gives us an advantage with our players point to prove something.

What I'm expecting:

- A fast start to the game, pressing high up the pitch and allowing players like Willian to play to the best of their ability.

- A plan for the right side, Ivanovic won't be dropped so all we should expect is a plan to deal with the crosses coming in.

- Not parking the bus after we score a goal, controlling the possession and looking for the second should be the priority.

I think we will win this game...it is time we show the quality of real champions! ...they are in form and we are struggling lately..they think we are clowns in the circus.....but when odds are against us we will always turn up...

Courtois

Ivan Cahill Terry Luis

Fabregas Matic

Willian Oscar hazard

Remy