Chelsea v Man United

Jase

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh good, for a second i actually thought that you think Mata has pace. :lol:

You don't believe Mata will be a danger in a United counter-attack, no? He couldn't out-pace Terry and Cahill?

You don't believe Mata will be a danger in a United counter-attack, no? He couldn't out-pace Terry and Cahill?

Terry never gets exposed, and no Mata wouldnt out pace Cahill, Mata is slow and is not suited to counter attacking football

They've been on a decent run, but their defence is awful. If Remy's fit; I can only see us winning (dependant on Mourinho's line up, of course).

Yeah Aguero unmarked twice :) - I know he's struggled since returning from injury - but the lad is lethal in front of goal.

If they don't mark him - then we should be ok :)

I think it will be a tight game - going 2-1 to us or maybe a 3-2 to us in the dying minutes ;)

Yeah Aguero unmarked twice :) - I know he's struggled since returning from injury - but the lad is lethal in front of goal.

If they don't mark him - then we should be ok :)

I think it will be a tight game - going 2-1 to us or maybe a 3-2 to us in the dying minutes ;)

He is indeed. I think they'll be dangerous aerially, so I expect Mikel to start in midfield. 2-1 win is how I see it going, if Remy starts.

Unfortunately we have this ref...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26999147

Mike Dean?! Oh god! :doh:

Terry never gets exposed, and no Mata wouldnt out pace Cahill, Mata is slow and is not suited to counter attacking football

Doubt Mata will be able to outrun any of our defenders, not even Cahill or Ivanovic. The biggest concern for me is his off the ball movement. Could give our back 4 the run around if they aren't switched on.

Have a feeling Jose will surprise us all and will attack United in this game. He has shown in the past that he is capable of surprises in big matches and I feel this is one of them. Zouma in midfield for me would be a great choice. He can mark Fellaini out of the game and Matic can deal with their other midfielders.

My line-up would be:

Courtois

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Dave

Matic - Zouma

Willian - Cesc - Hazard

Remy

Mikel > Zouma as a CDM, not even questionable. If people think playing Zouma in midfield will nullify Fellaini then they're being very naive. Fellaini has more to him than just being a great headerer of the ball, and they still have other players like Mata, Rooney, Herrera that we need to worry about. Mikel can do an okay job in the air plus bring a lot more stability and experience in the middle of the park.

Mikel

Matic - Fabregas

Should be our midfield three, with Willian, Hazard and Remy leading. Regular back 5.

It will be a struggle with anything other than Matic-Cesc-Oscar in midfield. If we want to attack them, want to show we can return to playing good football, there's only one way. Mikel or Ramires instead of Oscar would mean its going to be a fight, its 50-50, and "lets see who's more difficult to break". Its something that went great last season against the big teams but not this season when the team was constructed for something else. Their midfield isnt that great imo, with Matic-Cesc-Oscar its 3 vs 2 (Carrick and Herrera, Fellaini doesnt contribute in central midfield with the ball on the ground). We could control the ball with a good performances from Cesc and Oscar, and i reckon our attacking options will be too much for them to hundle.

Mikel > Zouma as a CDM, not even questionable. If people think playing Zouma in midfield will nullify Fellaini then they're being very naive. Fellaini has more to him than just being a great headerer of the ball, and they still have other players like Mata, Rooney, Herrera that we need to worry about. Mikel can do an okay job in the air plus bring a lot more stability and experience in the middle of the park.

Mikel

Matic - Fabregas

Should be our midfield three, with Willian, Hazard and Remy leading. Regular back 5.

The problem with playing Mikel is that he's been out for god knows how long. The pace of the game might be too fast for him to handle considering his last minutes haven't been for some time. In that respect, zouma would be the better option

One word.. Fellani

he's the single most dangerous thing utd can throw at us and I don't think neither of JT or Cahill can handle him in the box. Ivanovic has improved his defensive game recently and he should do well to keep A. Young silent otherwise Fellani will make a havoc. Let's hope Jose will do something about that

fellaini was brilliant against city but lets not forget that city play like a mindless mob. no proper DM and toure is a shade of a player he was.
fellaini would be occupied by matic or mikel/zouma. i would honestly prefer if we play 2 proper DMs (either of zouma/mikel pairing up with matic). my preference would be mikel as zouma has been caught under the ball a couple of times this season and its fellaini's aerial pr

courtois

iva GC JT azpi

mikel matic

willian cesc hazard

remy

does anyone know whats remy's situation?

also, cesc really needs to pucker up. needs to put in an early season performance.

Mikel

Matic - Fabregas

Not really. Whatever else he has to his game, Zouma can easily deal with.

One word.. Fellani

he's the single most dangerous thing utd can throw at us and I don't think neither of JT or Cahill can handle him in the box. Ivanovic has improved his defensive game recently and he should do well to keep A. Young silent otherwise Fellani will make a havoc. Let's hope Jose will do something about that

Carrick is much more of a danger, if he isnt fit to play then that puts United at a big disadvantage.

Carrick is much more of a danger, if he isnt fit to play then that puts United at a big disadvantage.

I don't see how Carrick is more dangerous than Fellani unless the game is stretched, very unlikely, in which case he could initiate a counter attack ... Fellani in the other hand, he is tough and a big presence in the penalty box. If Ivanovic fails to stop Ashely Young from running down the channel and making those crosses or they get a lot of corners, we are in a big trouble I'm afraid.