Jase

Man of the Match  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win today. Said before the game that if we win this the title is definetly ours!!!!

Ugly first half, very decent second half were we didnt give away anything, congrats to everyone

EDIT: oh and Herrera really is a typical spanish diver, saw it already in the first half with the challenge from Drogba were he barely touched him

so sweet seeing Utd fall again at the bridge. all too easy in the end.

Iva was a beast today, defensively. except two occasions he always won the duels against their wingers, despite being heavily targetted. Fellaini, Rooney never got a sniff at goal either. Cahill and JT were excellent, FAbregas really put in a shift and Hazard is on a different planet.

Great win, great performance. United controlled the ball and we controlled Utd. That is how you win a big game and outfox Van Gaal. Vintage Mourinho, Vintage Chelsea. NO complaints KTBFFH.

Was yelling all sorts of abuse at Dean throughout that 2nd half and then he pulls that off. I'm actually going to applaud Herrera for that dive because even I thought it was stonewall on first viewing.

Not much else to say about the match apart from thank God for Eden Hazard. He's the only reason we keep getting away with these performances. Obviously, went crazy at FT but conceding 70%+ at home is not how I envisaged us playing with the level of quality we have.

Great win. The second half was a much better performance and we done really well on the counters and should have finished them. Hazard once again the best player on the pitch by miles. Definite POTY for sure. About time critics of Cahill on here give him the credit he deserves. Was excellent again today alongside the rest of our defence. Now please one thing for next week. Let's wipe Arsenal off the floor please! :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Get in! Awesome! How sweet it is! Celebrate loud and proud all my Chelsea mates tonight! Cheers to you all!

Cannot wait to be there at the Bridge vs Sunderland in May.

Great effort today by everyone.

Come on you Chelsea!!

Courtois - 6 - Didn't have much to do, but my god he makes defending corners easier, the opposition are so scared to even put the ball in our box!!

Ivanovic - 5 - Average game from the big Serb, got caught out a few times by Shaw though.

JT - 6 - Bossed the defence well, kept Utd's chances to a minimum.

Cahill - 6 - Really playing much better recently, was a good solid performance today and produced a magnificent block from Falcao.

Azpilicueta - 6 - Did a lot of running today and was his standard solid self, rarely gets beaten.

Zouma - 7 - Deserves a lot of credit for playing so hell especially given he was being played out of position. Quality player who really works hard.

Matic - 6 - Not his best day but still very solid and broke up a lot of the Utd play with some amazing tackles and also went forward a bit more today.

Oscar - 6 - Better from Oscar. Still had the problems with giving a few short passes away but a great assist, worked hard in defence and was better than usual. Keep it up.

Fabregas - 7 - Think he played very well today, first time i've seen him play well in a game against a big team. Very intelligent game and did lots of work off the ball.

Hazard - 8 - Did all he could when he could. He is by far our best player and I doubt many people would be against him being 3rd in the Ballon D'Or if it was named tomorrow.

Drogba - 5 - Tried hard and played tactically well late on but some of his touches and passes early on were atrocious. Still the King of SB though.

Ramires (sub) - 5 - Worked hard as usual and didn't make any mistakes.

Mikel & Willian (subs) - N/A - Were used as delaying tactics.

There were so many top guys today. Hazard, Drogba (played his heart out, great leadership on the field) Zouma, (made Fellaini look like a he did not exist) and Ivanovic( Massive on the defensive right side). There are also especially mentioned that stepped up to the game. Dave, Matic, Fabregas and Oscar in the second half. Couldn't be prouder of my team for a well executed tactical play. Kudos to master tactician JM. for beating his mentor.

we gave them the ball and they didn't do much from it - which is why we kept giving it.

I don't see a problem with this approach, it worked well and people will be moaning (when don't they?) about the possession stat, but when you don't allow the opposition to do much with the possession what's the big sin with giving it, even if we play at home.

We have a thin bench now, thiner than ever, we don't have the best striker option to lead our attack, why not? With all that possession they only had 2 shots on target - the same as us. Yes, the Rooney and the Falcao chances were close, but well, they weren't goals and we also had two very close chances with Hazard and Drogba. De Gea should have been sent off, we should have won easily if we had a better striker and we're leading the league by TEN points. Win the next two and we're mathematically champions. I really don't know why people complain so much. We could play better, but the players are tired, there's a lot of pressure (because they know better than anyone that they're far, far away from their best showed this season) and we don't have options. So why not just be happy we're about to be champions? There hasn't been half the praise around the time we were destroying the league in the first half of the season than there's moaning now. I agree with mild criticism about players' performances, about some of Mourinho's choices, but the problem with the criticism is that feels overboard.

You approach all games in the smartest way, regardless of where, against who. We may have not approached in the smartest of all, but it was a smart approach either way. I NEVER for one minute, felt like United would win today. Do people that complain so much about the way we played felt like that? Because I'm trying hard to feel it, but I just can't.

good place to post Chalobah's having the game of his life vs. Arsenal in the semi final rn, not that it's got many minutes left

good place to post Chalobah's goalie just threw the game