PFA Team of the Year

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squawka Football @Squawka · 1h 1 hour ago

There are 23 players in the Premier League this season to have created more chances than Philippe Coutinho (45).

But for the PFA and some people on this forum, this guy is something special. I wonder what the other 23 are then...

edit; although they got the wrong info, according to their own site, he's created 41, not 45

For me cazorla, fonte, schneiderlin and Clyne should be in there. i base it on the overall consistency throughout the season which eliminates fabregas (Him and matic have been wank since late december),matic,ivanovic (defending is a major part of a fullbacks game and he's been anything but great in that department this season) and obviously cahill and coutinho.

The real team of the year should have been.

De gea clyne,JT, Fonte ,Bertrand schneiderlin, Cazorla, Hazard, sanchez, Kane and costa

I can make a case that Sanchez disappeared from mid Jan to late feb as well but he's still been more consistent than the rest and his seamless adaptation to a new league makes it pretty tough to leave him out.

Squawka Football @Squawka · 1h 1 hour ago

There are 23 players in the Premier League this season to have created more chances than Philippe Coutinho (45).

But for the PFA and some people on this forum, this guy is something special. I wonder what the other 23 are then...

edit; although they got the wrong info, according to their own site, he's created 41, not 45

Not necessarily targeted at you only Barb, but you do know the PFA team of the year is decided by the PL footballers right? He got voted in by his fellow pros. Blame his fellow footballers if anything, it's really unfair to have a pop to some people on here because some of them think Coutinho has had a good season.

Not necessarily targeted at you only Barb, but you do know the PFA team of the year is decided by the PL footballers right? He got voted in by his fellow pros. Blame his fellow footballers if anything, it's really unfair to have a pop to some people on here because some of them think Coutinho has had a good season.

He didn't have a good season... he had a good couple of months - which surprises me you'd say that. Until December he had basically done nothing. So he has a cute screamers scored, didn't create anything relevant for his team, but people say he has had a good season. In 5 months of football he had 2 assists, ELEVEN key passes in more than 1100 minutes of football. Then this year he had 30 key passes and another 2 assists along with a few screamers... in nearly four months of football and over 1200 minutes of football. The 30 key passes in 1200 minutes almost look decent. But this guy is supposed to be a #10 - one that many rate around here. I watch him since he's 16 and I've never seen nothing beyond potential. He hasn't showed any consistency yet, he's young, but I don't see big leaps of development in the years he's spent at Inter and Liverpool. While both teams look a shadow of what they used to be, you'd expect him to have developed further. He hasn't assisted one goal since January!!!!!

To say a guy like this, who's played over 2300 minutes of football, had 27 starts had a good season despite offering so little in stats and influencing Liverpool's play so little too is particularly rich coming from people that love to stress how more attacked minded, creative and decisive #10s should be. And that's not a dig, it's just I don't get the standards some of you use... but let's just say he's had a good season because he can finish from the edge of the box and has a couple of dribbles and flicks on his pocket. Okay then...

He didn't have a good season... he had a good couple of months - which surprises me you'd say that. Until December he had basically done nothing. So he has a cute screamers scored, didn't create anything relevant for his team, but people say he has had a good season. In 5 months of football he had 2 assists, ELEVEN key passes in more than 1100 minutes of football. Then this year he had 30 key passes and another 2 assists along with a few screamers... in nearly four months of football and over 1200 minutes of football. The 30 key passes in 1200 minutes almost look decent. But this guy is supposed to be a #10 - one that many rate around here. I watch him since he's 16 and I've never seen nothing beyond potential. He hasn't showed any consistency yet, he's young, but I don't see big leaps of development in the years he's spent at Inter and Liverpool. While both teams look a shadow of what they used to be, you'd expect him to have developed further. He hasn't assisted one goal since January!!!!!

To say a guy like this, who's played over 2300 minutes of football, had 27 starts had a good season despite offering so little in stats and influencing Liverpool's play is particularly rich coming from people that love to stress how more attacked minded, creative and decisive #10s should be. And that's not a dig, it's just I don't get the standards some of you use... but let's just say he's had a good season because he can finish from the edge of the box and has a couple of dribbles and flicks on his pocket. Okay then...

The fact that some on here think Coutinho had a good season was more of a by-the-way point tbh. Personally, I don't think he's been great, he's been okay, but you really shouldn't be slating people on here for that. The reason why he's in the PFA Team of the Year is because his fellow professional have voted him to be in there. Have a go at them.

The fact that some on here think Coutinho had a good season was more of a by-the-way point tbh. Personally, I don't think he's been great, he's been okay, but you really shouldn't be slating people on here for that. The reason why he's in the PFA Team of the Year is because his fellow professional have voted him to be in there. Have a go at them.

yeah, I get that... it's funny because people voted on him probably because they were protecting their team's best performers by avoiding to vote into potential rivals. Thing is he's done nothing, he influenced nothing, but it's nice to talk about him.

If he was a Chelsea player he'd be slated even further than Oscar, Willian and Ramires are, I have no doubts. It's just because he isn't. The standards for non-Chelsea players is completely different.

I can guarantee almost every Chelsea and Arsenal player voted for Coutinho because every other team voted for Hazard and Sanchez. Neither of them would vote for the other because they want one of their own to win the PFA award.