Online waiting room

how did you end up getting palace? I gave up on the phone about half 10/11

Got through at about 11 on the phone! I must have pressed redial 100s of times. When it rang I was on hold for about 6 minutes. Got a ticket in the west lower. Seems they've seen some sense and put Sunderland on loyalty points.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered my ticket for a home game and the club posted it to Kensington in the UK when I actually live in Kensington in Australia. I flew out without my ticket kind of nervous i wont be able to get into the game. I had to write the club two emails and arrive at the game 2 hours before kickoff with my passport. The effort and stress was worth it though.

Funny thing was when I got home a month after the actual game the ticket arrived at my home address with the line 'Try Australia' circled in red lol. Explains itself really. Snail mail tickets sux.

The club's ticketing policy is absolutely abysmal. The "online waiting room" isn't a waiting room at all. All you need to do is log in before 6am, and more often than not you can open up the tickets. Just wait until 7am before you hit "Next" and you can carry out the transaction. Archaic to say the least, as other times you can be on there for hours and miss out on tickets, while others can log in randomly and get access immediately. The whole system is outdated. Coventry City have a better ticketing system.

I'd thought all be done on loyalty points at this stage considering how near to the end it is

Watching the thing go round n round does give you rage after a bit lol.Think always got lucky in the past never had any trouble.Though saying that last major game was when we last won the league so maybe all changed since

The club's ticketing policy is absolutely abysmal. The "online waiting room" isn't a waiting room at all. All you need to do is log in before 6am, and more often than not you can open up the tickets. Just wait until 7am before you hit "Next" and you can carry out the transaction. Archaic to say the least, as other times you can be on there for hours and miss out on tickets, while others can log in randomly and get access immediately. The whole system is outdated. Coventry City have a better ticketing system.

At Fulham you can choose your exact seats and have been able to for at least 8 years. It's truly abysmal.

In Oz we get E-tickets emailed to you and you scan the barcode from your phone to get into the stadium. No paper tickets needed. Easy.

Does Chelsea have this nowadays ?

The fan forum has asked for it to be introduced as well as printable tickets but the club said it would increase ticket touting. Arsenal use printable tickets bt I don't think any other club does

They should improve the system agreed, I'm surprised it's not this:

- General availability

For every match.

That would almost defeat the point in having a membership for people like me who can't afford to go to every game but use their memberships to have early access to those that they can go to. That isn't what needs to be changed. It is the "waiting room" aspect that needs adjusting, because it isn't a waiting room at all. It is a revolving door where you can refresh one page and it'll take you straight through whilst others will make you wait for hours.

That would almost defeat the point in having a membership for people like me who can't afford to go to every game but use their memberships to have early access to those that they can go to. That isn't what needs to be changed. It is the "waiting room" aspect that needs adjusting, because it isn't a waiting room at all. It is a revolving door where you can refresh one page and it'll take you straight through whilst others will make you wait for hours.

Yeah true maybe memberships after the points mate so points, then membership then general :D

They should improve the system agreed, I'm surprised it's not this:

- General availability

For every match.

I think it should be the case for every away game. In the early stages of the season it should go on last seasons points. It should be a privilege to go to an away game, not a lucky dip allowing people to go one game a season because they live round the corner stopping someone that goes to every game going.