Yoshinori Muto

Open

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's really no secrets about why this would happen...clearly to tap into the Japanese market and one we should have tapped into ages ago.

You are right of course, about both points, but I think it's worth all of us adding an asterisk to every comment along these lines. The asterisk should note that the lad looks an interesting player. A player who seems worth a closer look.

Deal makes sense.

Promotes the brands Chelsea & Yokohama as well as selling shirts in Asia which will pay for his transfer and wages. Potential to be loaned out and sold later for profit or keep as a squad player if he fulfils his full potential.

No, it doesn't! :lol:

It might make some weird sense in the messed up framework of running a football club like a greedy corporation, but it does NOT make real actual sense for football to be completely about money and profit rather than the actual fans and people and communities.

On the actual player, let's please not pretend like we know anything about him from YouTube videos. Equally, let's not pass judgement on him and completely dismiss the player. Even if he is a 'marketing signing' he might surprise us all.

On the actual player, let's please not pretend like we know anything about him from YouTube videos. Equally, let's not pass judgement on him and completely dismiss the player. Even if he is a 'marketing signing' he might surprise us all.

Exactly. Hulk and Kagawa were signed from the J-League and they turned out to be pretty good players. Hazard plays too much anyway, this Muto guy might be a pretty good backup. (according to transfermarkt.co.uk he is a left winger)

Let's say this- Even if it's only for those business purposes, Chelsea still picked him out of 127~ Japanese in the world.

So i agree with CHOULO, we don't know the guy, lets not judge him yet.

Also, i'm sure we won't miss a CL final because Mourinho was obligated to play him. We had worse sitting on our bench anyway.

In the videos, he looks good. Obviously the Youtube videos are very misleading, but at least give us a idea of what type of player is him. If he can do this here, in premier league, would be a great back up.

My personal opinion, if this is true, is that he obviously is a imposition of the Yokohama Sponsor, so, We search a player that can help us and not only will come here to fulfill the contract.

Exactly. Hulk and Kagawa were signed from the J-League and they turned out to be pretty good players. Hazard plays too much anyway, this Muto guy might be a pretty good backup. (according to transfermarkt.co.uk he is a left winger)

We're never gonna sub off Hazard for Muto unless we're up 3-0 and he's dead tired or injured.

We're never gonna sub off Hazard for Muto unless we're up 3-0 and he's dead tired or injured.

Even Hazard needs to be rested sometimes and he can also get injured. It was Salah and Schürrle that replaced him in the last few months but now they are gone and Cuadrado only plays on the right wing(isn't he?). It wouldn't be bad to have another LW in the squad.

A club as big as ours should not be signing a crappy player to tap into the Asian market. If we want to tap into it sign a fucking good player or at least do a tour or two, what a shambles. If he comes here and takes a spot in the squad and is utter shit what a waste. Even if he goes on loan, who is he? The J League? Kagawa has been the best player to come out of that league and will be for ages and ages I assure you.

I would welcome him with open arms obviusly like any player that signs for Chelsea. But gawd i would not recommend him to sign for Chelsea. Go to the Bundesliga, where other former J-league and K-league players have done so well.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You