Yoshinori Muto

Open

He also stated that Chelsea's approach for Muto is not connected to the club's new shirt sponsorship deal with Yokohama Rubber, which was announced in February.

BS

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deal makes sense.

Promotes the brands Chelsea & Yokohama as well as selling shirts in Asia which will pay for his transfer and wages. Potential to be loaned out and sold later for profit or keep as a squad player if he fulfils his full potential.

Just to keep you updated on the size of that market,

Schalke 04 (Which Uchida plays for) japanese twitter account has more followers than Chelsea + Man Utd japanese twitter accounts combined.

Not that it justify to buy a player just for that.

Maybe if those guys at Yokohoma\Yoko-ono\Whatever will build us a 90K stadium i would concider making them a favour and buying a japanese player.

duncan castles is so well conneceted to mourihno that anything he says about chelsea transfers should be taken as HIGHLY reliable. He said in his article that chelsea are looking to buy a japanese player and we have yet to decide who. He hinted that this is also a commercial driven move that conicides with our new sponsors.

Now this guy yoshinori muto is apparently the best in the j league and he plays striker and were sorta in the market for a 2nd/3rd choice striker for next season.

here are some videos , loooks good but its the j league. if he can replicate this in the epl wouldn't be a bad signing .

Agreed, interesting looking skills the lad's got.

i am sure he is the best available option, and nothing to do with the fact top football is all about money, and that we have a pre season tour to Japan and his transfer fee will be recouped several times through shrewd marketing.

Actually it's POST SEASON tour, which means that after the season ends, tired players instead of going on holidays, they travel to Japan to play some games.

Hard to think he'd get a work permit that soon. Zero to none chances if you ask me. Best case scenario would be to see him here for the 2016/17 pre-season tour.

Well, if he's played 11 times since making his debut last year that suggests that he's a regular. I don't know how many competitive fixtures Japan will have played in the 24 months leading up to the date of his application, presumably in July/August. Even if he fails to reach the required 75% figure at that time, as a regular, it shouldn't take him longer than another season to meet the criteria and maybe a season long loan would be a part of the plan anyway.

All this assumes Japan retain their top fifty status of course. They are currently exactly 50th, nearly 10 ranking points behind Congo in 49th but less than 2 points ahead of Egypt in 51st.

Well, if he's played 11 times since making his debut last year that suggests that he's a regular. I don't know how many competitive fixtures Japan will have played in the 24 months leading up to the date of his application, presumably in July/August. Even if he fails to reach the required 75% figure at that time, as a regular, it shouldn't take him longer than another season to meet the criteria and maybe a season long loan would be a part of the plan anyway.

All this assumes Japan retain their top fifty status of course. They are currently exactly 50th, nearly 10 ranking points behind Congo in 49th but less than 2 points ahead of Egypt in 51st.

Yep, that is what I was saying, too. Needs a season on loan to meet the criteria. He is currently at 30%. Impossible to reach the required 75% until August this year.

The Japanese market is one of the most important in the world. Having a Japanese player would give us many annual economic incomes by marketing. From this perspective could be an interesting operation.

And If after he's a good player ... perfect.

But if he is not ... we have secured many insured incomes by marketing each year. To grow with Financial Fair Play we need operations like this.

Regarding Muto I know absolutely nothing about him, but I guess it will not be a lame player with the ball. Maybe training with Jose he can have a good / acceptable performance like Kagawa ...

Although I recognize that this issue is disconcerting ...

Regards.

This could be a good move for the market in Japan. That's football nowadays, you 1st think for the market and then for the quality, but I'm not bothered, this transfer can only help the team, so let's go for him.

It's about the money not about the quality. Like most I have never seen anything from him but I can't imagine a player from Japan making a straight impact in the EPL. I guess it is more of a or move and a clever one given the Nikon market is still undiscovered for us. Would be a great one for vitesse.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You