Yoshinori Muto

Open

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is José Mourinho, possibly the most straightforward coach in the world. Which is why he had no problem in talking about the commercial aspect. He was being honest, to the point that he specified "a very good player, or a very good prospect".

Even if I wanted to assume that he lied, then what should I think, that the board went on a non skilled player? I've seen him, currently there is nothing that makes he doesn't have potential. He's even an international.

I heard he might be injured now but I'll watch him play tomorrow morning just for the sake of.

Are we talking about the same Jose Mourinho???? The media master and mind game king????

Jose is not at all straightforward in the media especially when it comes to transfers. One minute we're not buying anyone and no one leaves, the next minute Mata, DeBruyne and Lukaku are out the door.

In the interview what was clear to me is Jose drove home the fact that football is changing and with FFP you have to play the corporate game in order to survive. This is a corporate signing, its so obvious... And no Jose isn't gonna throw the guy under a bus by saying he's shit! He's basically said we signed the best player in Japan for our sponsor.

So basically we've found our loan partner.

Are we talking about the same Jose Mourinho???? The media master and mind game king????

Jose is not at all straightforward in the media especially when it comes to transfers. One minute we're not buying anyone and no one leaves, the next minute Mata, DeBruyne and Lukaku are out the door.

In the interview what was clear to me is Jose drove home the fact that football is changing and with FFP you have to play the corporate game in order to survive. This is a corporate signing, its so obvious... And no Jose isn't gonna throw the guy under a bus by saying he's shit! He's basically said we signed the best player in Japan for our sponsor.

By straightforward I didn't mean he's always "honest", just someone who's not afraid to say what he thinks.

He hasn't said we have signed the best player in Japan o_O (which is probably Takashi Usami) nor he has said that we signed him for our sponsor... I don't know how you came by these conclusions.

I'm okay "with people reading between the lines" but that shouldn't mean going for their own interpretation :/

So basically we've found our loan partner.

I'd be okay with it but I suspect they were only interested in a buy

By straightforward I didn't mean he's always "honest", just someone who's not afraid to say what he thinks.

He hasn't said we have signed the best player in Japan o_O (which is probably Takashi Usami) nor he has said that we signed him for our sponsor... I don't know how you came by these conclusions.

I'm okay "with people reading between the lines" but that shouldn't mean going for their own interpretation :/

I'd be okay with it but I suspect they were only interested in a buy

Brother... I know nothing about the J-league at all, its a tiny league that gets no coverage where I'm from. I don't even know one team from there. If we weren't in for the player and it didn't have corporate interest Jose would've just rubbished it and moved on. Instead he mentions how football is changing and how satisfying the sponsor is part of the game. Without being too presumptuous I think its safe to say Jose is basically saying "this is not my signing!"

You can spin it any way you want whats clear to me is Jose is OBVIOUSLY telling us that we are signing this guy with corporate interest at the heart of it. He's not just any player, he is one of the better players in the league I would imagine since that would be the reason why our sponsors would like to utilize him in marketing.

Anyways, I really don't care too much... At the end of the day this guy is either a loaner or end of the bench fodder, if it helps appease our sponsors who are helping us secure some of the best players in the world so be it.

Actually he said that he does know who he is, just can't talk about him because we have not signed him yet.

As for "when he ever purchased anyone from Japan", nobody here is suggesting that Muto is coming because the coach requested him.

But do you have an idea about how many transfers are decided by boards and only agreed with the coach? Do you think that a coach has the time to watch random league matches in search for players?

That's not how football works. It's not the coach who just makes a list of names "and that's it".

If you can't see that this deal is so obviously something that interests both parties from all point of views, it's just your personal choice, hardly the reality. And just to be clear, I'd have even accepted a cynical view like "the club is probably looking for a reselling more than hoping that he becomes first team level".

But the "sponsor clause" is just laughable. Remember that the player has to decide, and that all transfers affect FFP. They could've went for any less expensive japanese talent instead of one of the biggest.

btw, it is a known fact that Mou wanted Kagawa at Real (a google will have the story pop up) but I understand what you mean, he was playing in Dortmund already. He certainly has no prejudice towards japanese players, though.

This is José Mourinho, possibly the most straightforward coach in the world. Which is why he had no problem in talking about the commercial aspect. He was being honest, to the point that he specified "a very good player, or a very good prospect".

Even if I wanted to assume that he lied, then what should I think, that the board went on a non skilled player? I've seen him, currently there is nothing that makes he doesn't have potential. He's even an international.

I heard he might be injured now but I'll watch him play tomorrow morning just for the sake of.

Your definitely Japanese.

IS he better than any AM on loan right? NO

Is he even the best asian player right now? NO

Best asian young player? no

Brother... I know nothing about the J-league at all, its a tiny league that gets no coverage where I'm from. I don't even know one team from there. If we weren't in for the player and it didn't have corporate interest Jose would've just rubbished it and moved on. Instead he mentions how football is changing and how satisfying the sponsor is part of the game. Without being too presumptuous I think its safe to say Jose is basically saying "this is not my signing!"

You can spin it any way you want whats clear to me is Jose is OBVIOUSLY telling us that we are signing this guy with corporate interest at the heart of it. He's not just any player, he is one of the better players in the league I would imagine since that would be the reason why our sponsors would like to utilize him in marketing.

Anyways, I really don't care too much... At the end of the day this guy is either a loaner or end of the bench fodder, if it helps appease our sponsors who are helping us secure some of the best players in the world so be it.

I don't know anything from the JLeague either. I knew about Usami because I do follow the Bundesliga though, he was a nice player and I know he's back there.

As you said, Jose didn't say no we're not on him so yeah he's going to be signed probably. As for the rest, I said the same. It's pretty obvious that this isn't a request from the coach, I've never heard about a coach requesting a player from the JLeague either! Yet many clubs, esp. in Buli sign them.

But, he didn't randomly mention "how satisfying the sponsor is part of the game" by his own initiative, as if he wanted to send a message. If you remember his first answer, he just didn't want to talk about a transfer that hasn't happened.

He was then specifically asked if a commercial aspect could have an impact on a transfer.

And he spoke about that commercial aspect that is clearly there, which is something that refers to the whole club, not about "satisfying the sponsor".

The only thing I'm rejecting here, is this idea that only the sponsor is interested in the deal, or that the player was just selected by them. It's unrealistic, and disrespectful towards the club, and the player too, probably.

Then again, as you say, it won't have any particular impact on the Chelsea's team anyway.

Your definitely Japanese.

IS he better than any AM on loan right? NO

Is he even the best asian player right now? NO

Best asian young player? no

LOL I'm not japanese bro othewise I would've gladly translated what's reported 'round there or I would be here talking about how good he is as a fan him. Unfortunately I didn't even know who this guy was instead, thought it was weird.

Not sure why you're making and answering yourself those questions btw lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why do people think that signing a Japanese player will make the club more popular in Japan? Timmy Cahill is one of my all time favourite players and I don't support Everton.

Do a lot of the American users on here support Everton because of Donovan and Howard? Do they support Fulham because of Clint Dempsey, Marcus Hahnemann and Eddie Lewis?

I absolutely despise barcelona but if slovenian player played there, I would like them alot more.

• 4 months later...

Well I know nothing about the J-League so I'm in no position to offer assurances about it, or to doubt any given by anyone else. I do say again however, this bloke looks an interesting prospect to me. There is genuine talent there. Will it translate? Who knows, certainly not me, but there are a lot of finishes in his videos that any player, anywhere, would be proud of. If we complete this deal I'd feel positive about it and look forward to seeing what the lad can do with that talent.

Indeed :)

Don't worry though - literally every FM based Chelsea fan is now hastily signing him to see if he's really any good :) I'm not sure about FIFA - they probably have him too ;)

YouTube is how Downing was signed for Liverpool though - lol :)

Watching him for the first time this season. He's playing every bit as well as I expected and, according to the commentator, he has been the talk of the Bundesliga so far this season. I don't own a copy of any football game, and haven't done since the days of the ZX Spectrum, but there are some things that can be seen on youtube. It's not my fault Liverpool signed Stuart Downing. :)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You