Yoshinori Muto

Open

Exactly. Hulk and Kagawa were signed from the J-League and they turned out to be pretty good players. Hazard plays too much anyway, this Muto guy might be a pretty good backup. (according to transfermarkt.co.uk he is a left winger)

You could add Honda to that list as well. People are too fast to past judgement. Has anyone ACTUALLY seen him play live?

Edit: Doesn't seem to be in bad form either.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/3194/video/2015/04/09/10604392/video-chelsea-target-yoshinori-muto-scores-screamer

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A club as big as ours should not be signing a crappy player to tap into the Asian market. If we want to tap into it sign a fucking good player or at least do a tour or two, what a shambles. If he comes here and takes a spot in the squad and is utter shit what a waste. Even if he goes on loan, who is he? The J League? Kagawa has been the best player to come out of that league and will be for ages and ages I assure you.

Well I know nothing about the J-League so I'm in no position to offer assurances about it, or to doubt any given by anyone else. I do say again however, this bloke looks an interesting prospect to me. There is genuine talent there. Will it translate? Who knows, certainly not me, but there are a lot of finishes in his videos that any player, anywhere, would be proud of. If we complete this deal I'd feel positive about it and look forward to seeing what the lad can do with that talent.

Well I know nothing about the J-League so I'm in no position to offer assurances about it, or to doubt any given by anyone else. I do say again however, this bloke looks an interesting prospect to me. There is genuine talent there. Will it translate? Who knows, certainly not me, but there are a lot of finishes in his videos that any player, anywhere, would be proud of. If we complete this deal I'd feel positive about it and look forward to seeing what the lad can do with that talent.

Indeed :)

Don't worry though - literally every FM based Chelsea fan is now hastily signing him to see if he's really any good :) I'm not sure about FIFA - they probably have him too ;)

YouTube is how Downing was signed for Liverpool though - lol :)

Indeed :)

Don't worry though - literally every FM based Chelsea fan is now hastily signing him to see if he's really any good :) I'm not sure about FIFA - they probably have him too ;)

YouTube is how Downing was signed for Liverpool though - lol :)

Unfortunately FIFA does not have him.

Even Hazard needs to be rested sometimes and he can also get injured. It was Salah and Schürrle that replaced him in the last few months but now they are gone and Cuadrado only plays on the right wing(isn't he?). It wouldn't be bad to have another LW in the squad.

And how many times did Schurlle or Salah subbed him? Almost none.

I doubt Muto will get more minutes than them (on that position).

And how many times did Schurlle or Salah subbed him? Almost none.

I doubt Muto will get more minutes than them (on that position).

Even Salah played in 8 matches this season. A Japanese guy wearing Chelsea shirt 1-2 times a month can be benefitial for the club and also he can turn out to be a good player.

Even Salah played in 8 matches this season. A Japanese guy wearing Chelsea shirt 1-2 times a month can be benefitial for the club and also he can turn out to be a good player.

How many league games are in those 8 matches?

Without checking I can bet at least 5 are from either CL group stage, FAC or CC first rounds against lower leagues oppositions.

So at the first half of the season, yeah he can play here and there,

But I doubt if on a full season he will keep a record of playing once or twice a month.

Anyway, what I'm saying is- Mourinho didn't trust any of his previous subs to replace Hazard, and that includes names like Mata and De Bruyne (which I know both doesn't necessarily play LW, but in some ways in rotating the midfield they can replace him on the pitch). So I don't expect him to act differently with Muto (maybe he can play in other positions though).

How many league games are in those 8 matches?

Without checking I can bet at least 5 are from either CL group stage, FAC or CC first rounds against lower leagues oppositions.

So at the first half of the season, yeah he can play here and there,

But I doubt if on a full season he will keep a record of playing once or twice a month.

Anyway, what I'm saying is- Mourinho didn't trust any of his previous subs to replace Hazard, and that includes names like Mata and De Bruyne (which I know both doesn't necessarily play LW, but in some ways in rotating the midfield they can replace him on the pitch). So I don't expect him to act differently with Muto (maybe he can play in other positions though).

According to transfermarkt.de he can play on both wings and as a striker. I've never seen him play but he seems to have pretty good long shots. A player like this can be a valuable squad member. Of course there is a huge gap between the J-League and the PL but who knows?

A club as big as ours should not be signing a crappy player to tap into the Asian market. If we want to tap into it sign a fucking good player or at least do a tour or two, what a shambles. If he comes here and takes a spot in the squad and is utter shit what a waste. Even if he goes on loan, who is he? The J League? Kagawa has been the best player to come out of that league and will be for ages and ages I assure you.

smh

you don't even know who the hell he is. He is easily one of the hottest prospects of the JLeague and that's why we're paying 4mln £. It's funny that you mention Kagawa, that back then Dortmund got for around 300 000£ from scouting the second div, but Muto, who set the league record of goals scored for a rookie, is "a crappy player".

Mind you, I don't know and I don't think that he will be as good as Kagawa but the fact that he's not coming from an european side doesn't mean anything. All the japanese players in the Bundesliga came from the JLeague and almost all of them are still there. Either way, he will be loaned out and unless he impresses big we won't even get to see him in a Chelsea shirt probably, so there is no need to be that upset. Have some faith in our scouts ffs.

Jose pretty much laid it out in the press conference, this fella is a Yokohama signing. Whatever doesn't really matter, the thing that we need to look at now is getting our hg quota up so we have a full roster of 25 players.

So it's official?

Kind of suprising that out of all the asian players, he was the one to get signed....

It has to be a yokohama move, because they're already a few guys in germany that are established and better, yet this guy gets chosen.

Kind of suprising that out of all the asian players, he was the one to get signed....

It has to be a yokohama move, because they're already a few guys in germany that are established and better, yet this guy gets chosen.

Who would you suggest? Uchida, Kagawa, Sakai or Kiyotake are older now and clearly not good enough to play here. Okazaki maybe.. This Muto guy is very young, an exciting talent. He would be very cheap and he may become a pretty good player. He wouldn't be a big flop if he didn't make it though.

Also, Yokohama is a Tokyo based company. Muto was born in Tokyo and plays in Tokyo. It might be relevant, I don't know.

I think it perfectly makes makes sense.

So it's official?

Kinda, I guess. The offer is already on the table. Just depends on whether the player wants to join us or not. Early reports suggest if he joins us, he'll be loaned to Vitesse next season, unsurprisingly.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You