QPR v Chelsea

Jase

Feel as though Matic is critical for the United and Arsenal games - we cannot afford for him to be suspended. Obviously Fabregas is important in those two games also, but with Diego likely to be out, I think Cesc is less important than Nemanja. I don't think we can rest both of them against QPR, so I think I would be prefer Cesc to potentially be suspended instead of Nemanja. I'm happy enough with Cahill at CB for now to put Zouma in DM, as I would prefer Mikel to return from injury coming off the bench.

Thibaut hasn't done much wrong but Petr deserves a crack in my opinion.

Really wish Luis could play but just can't see it happening.

Don't think Oscar should start, but this is such an Oscar game - he loves playing against the average teams, and scored against QPR last time we played them. Then again, I thought this about the Hull game and Jose didn't pick him, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta

Zouma Fabregas

Willian Oscar Hazard

Remy

Subs: Courtois, Luis, Mikel, Matic, Ramires, Cuadrado, Drogba.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mikel is fully fit again, I wonder if Jose will give Matic a rest to avoid him picking up a card. I think that Cesc can avoid a card if he really wants to. He's rarely in a position where he needs to foul someone, unlike Matic.

We can do without Matic, as demonstrated vs Spurs with Zouma, with the right strategy. Same team from then please, although it might be wise to rest Cesc and give him his holiday now. The gamble might pay off in the form of freshness for the season run in. Especially for Arse and MU.

Cech

Iva Cahill Terry Azpi

Zouma

Oscar Willian

Juan Remy Hazard

Or Ramires as either an RW or a CM.

I know Mou would not do this, but maybe play Willian in centre and Luis as RW - he couldn't be worse there than Cuadrado, Oscar, Ramires

Channelling his inner Pep :Goober:

In all seriousness, that's not a bad idea. At all. Or play Iva there and Azpi-Luis fullbacks.

This championship outfit will try and kick us out of it, and get our players booked or sent off. Lets hold our heads, score early, score twice if possible, and then take Matic off and bring Mikel on as the small ground will suit him. Fabregas wont get booked unless it's for retaliation

No yellow card for Matic and Fabregas against Stoke. Odds on them picking up in this derby and miss the United and Arsenal games?

I actually wouldn't mind if fabregas got a yellow.

I want to see us play without him in a big game to confirm something...

If Mikel is fully fit again, I wonder if Jose will give Matic a rest to avoid him picking up a card. I think that Cesc can avoid a card if he really wants to. He's rarely in a position where he needs to foul someone, unlike Matic.

Nah it's Mou we are talking about, he always plays his best players unless they are not fit. He played Costa yesterday,Rambo vs Liverpool, Cesc when just recovered and Hazard vs Atletico last season while they were not 100 % for example. He will rather win at QPR and risk losing against United/Arsenal than risk a draw at QPR.

Nah it's Mou we are talking about, he always plays his best players unless they are not fit. He played Costa yesterday,Rambo vs Liverpool, Cesc when just recovered and Hazard vs Atletico last season while they were not 100 % for example. He will rather win at QPR and risk losing against United/Arsenal than risk a draw at QPR.

It's 3 points in both cases and we are near the end.

Logic says secure the 3 pts from QPR, if playing Cesc and Matic does indeed secure that.

yellow or no yellow, we need to start with matic. this is not the game for experimentation. qpr will be up for it, they will play like they have no tomorrow (probably they wont if they lose this), so we simply cant take it lightly and put anymore pressure than necesaary on ourselves.

courtois

azpi GC JT luis

matic rambo

willian cesc hazard

remy.