QPR v Chelsea

Jase

The season must be rather dull for you at this point. No match for you in the leauge and CL out of reach

I somewhat agree, for the 'only one game every week' it might be boring to wait a little, but the tense in PL is on, along with the unexpected results, that what makes us stay awake.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much of that is because of the way we setup in big games ? Sit deep and hoof the ball. Not sure how Cesc can succeed in that tactic. Games where we have actually attacked (Arsenal, CL group stages, and Spurs final) he was pretty good

cesc was good in the cup final? i honestly dont think so.

we are pretty much going to set up the same way. especially against arsenal who need a win while a draw for us against them is as good as a win. if he is not suited to the play then we might as well give players a chance who is.

As Blue Colored Sky recently said on here, going out of the CL makes the FA Cup defeat even more regrettable. We were never going to win the CL this season anyway but we had a real chance to do the domestic treble especially without the CL games. Instead we got knocked out in a completely embarassing and unacceptable fashion (true for both competitions sadly).

Barca meanwhile are still going strong on all fronts. I reckon you will pretty comfortably win La Liga and the Copa del Rey but the CL is more unpredictable, although you're probably the favourites. What do you reckon your chances of the treble are?

I think the domestic double is pretty much secured but I don't really have very high hopes for CL. Our midfield haven't been so bad for around a decade, if this doesn't get quickly fixed then I can't see us surviving a tie against Bayern for example. Although if we can keep the oldman Xavi fit and if Iniesta gets his shit together then it may all be fine with a little dose of luck. However, Messi usually drops deep to support the midfield players but it's still not good because it means no Messi up front. Who knows, maybe Iniesta will raise his game for the big encounters. If Real Madrid drop out of the CL then I think we a have a fair shot on the trophy, all depends on who'll get the bigger dose of luck.

Crazy as it sounds, I hope City beat United as long as we win our match.

If the absolute worst case scenario happens and we lose to QPR and Cesc and Matić pick up yellows we may be totally fucked against Arse and United. We need United to drop points before we play them so we can afford a slip up.

Mourinho is in a quandary. What does he do. Go with Ramires or the equally poor Oscar, both virtual nonentities for most of the season. At this moment in time, with Mikel injured still undergoing rehab from his injury, it's very difficult to pick a side with both of these under-performers on the bench. I'm actually praying for Mikel's quick return now, that's how useless those two players have been.

If he leaves Matic out I fully expect to see Zouma-Ramires...

Honestly, for me would be a disappointment not see Zouma in our starting eleven...

The remaining eleven will be our best team (less Diego). Right now the three upcoming matches are like any Final.

Also, hopefully Manchester City and United get a draw between the two.

It is sad Diego's injury, but Remy has some pretty good numbers and I think it is a reliable substitute. I trust him.

QPR is now at number 19 of the classification. For me this game can help us refresh our minds with a great game. Hopefully Fabregas has his day. We need him.

Courtois

Zouma Terry ©

Ivanovic Azpilicueta

Ramires Matic

Willian Fabregas Hazard

Remy

OR

Courtois

Zouma Terry ©

Ivanovic Azpilicueta

Fabregas Matic

Ramires Willian Hazard

Remy

Regards to ALL.

chelseaheart.gif

might just watch villa v QPR tonight

I'm gonna watch.

Expecting some absolutely dire football and hopefully a Benteke goal or two to wreck QPR's confidence before we play them.

So who would have Benteke as Drogba's replacement next season? Offers something completely different to Costa and Remy anud would be brilliant with top class players around him. Also best friends with Hazard. :)

So who would have Benteke as Drogba's replacement next season? Offers something completely different to Costa and Remy anud would be brilliant with top class players around him. Also best friends with Hazard. :)

Would he want to be a 3rd choice striker? Don't think so.

I take comfort in the fact that QPR can't defend to save their lives, but this will be a tough one for sure.

Absolutely no way would I have Ivanovic and Cahill for this one. They're mistakes waiting to happen and everything Charlie Austin seems to touch goes in the back of the net this season.

We absolutely need to win here. A weeks rest and game planning and two massive games afterwards. Confidence needs to be high going into those.

I take comfort in the fact that QPR can't defend to save their lives, but this will be a tough one for sure.

Absolutely no way would I have Ivanovic and Cahill for this one. They're mistakes waiting to happen and everything Charlie Austin seems to touch goes in the back of the net this season.

We absolutely need to win here. A weeks rest and game planning and two massive games afterwards. Confidence needs to be high going into those.

Watch them put the best catenaccio performance in history on Sunday.