QPR v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so you would like to see us without Cesc in the big games

To me that's just crazy - who would you play instead - last time I looked we weren't exactly stacked with creative players

Cesc deserves to start - it's that simple for me

I don't think that's crazy at all. Yes, cesc is a creative player but tell me when has his creativeness given us an edge in a big match. From the recent past I can think of psg both legs, pool both legs, spurs final, city home game , spurs defeat. In all these matches, I can barely think of things that cesc did. Even when united were down in the dumpers, he got owned by fellaini.

As for "deserving" to start, u r right but aimply cos we have no depth. Oscar and cuadrado barely look like pro players at the moment, which leaves us with

Rambo-matic

Willian-cesc-hazard

As the only option.

But cesc in the pivot is a no-no-no. Almost evrytime he has played in the pivot in a big game, we have been over run, be it by the likes of mason and bentelab or by a 10 men psg.

I don't think that's crazy at all. Yes, cesc is a creative player but tell me when has his creativeness given us an edge in a big match. From the recent past I can think of psg both legs, pool both legs, spurs final, city home game , spurs defeat. In all these matches, I can barely think of things that cesc did. Even when united were down in the dumpers, he got owned by fellaini.

As for "deserving" to start, u r right but aimply cos we have no depth. Oscar and cuadrado barely look like pro players at the moment, which leaves us with

Rambo-matic

Willian-cesc-hazard

As the only option.

But cesc in the pivot is a no-no-no. Almost evrytime he has played in the pivot in a big game, we have been over run, be it by the likes of mason and bentelab or by a 10 men psg.

How much of that is because of the way we setup in big games ? Sit deep and hoof the ball. Not sure how Cesc can succeed in that tactic. Games where we have actually attacked (Arsenal, CL group stages, and Spurs final) he was pretty good

After this match we will face MU and then Arsenal. If Fabregas and Matic playing against Qphaha and got booked, will they only missed MU game and available against Arsenal?

will miss 2 games.

after qpr's game they will need to get 6 YC to get banned.

Mourinho is in a quandary. What does he do. Go with Ramires or the equally poor Oscar, both virtual nonentities for most of the season. At this moment in time, with Mikel injured still undergoing rehab from his injury, it's very difficult to pick a side with both of these under-performers on the bench. I'm actually praying for Mikel's quick return now, that's how useless those two players have been.

The season must be rather dull for you at this point. No match for you in the leauge and CL out of reach

As Blue Colored Sky recently said on here, going out of the CL makes the FA Cup defeat even more regrettable. We were never going to win the CL this season anyway but we had a real chance to do the domestic treble especially without the CL games. Instead we got knocked out in a completely embarassing and unacceptable fashion (true for both competitions sadly).

Barca meanwhile are still going strong on all fronts. I reckon you will pretty comfortably win La Liga and the Copa del Rey but the CL is more unpredictable, although you're probably the favourites. What do you reckon your chances of the treble are?

Mourinho is in a quandary. What does he do. Go with Ramires or the equally poor Oscar, both virtual nonentities for most of the season. At this moment in time, with Mikel injured still undergoing rehab from his injury, it's very difficult to pick a side with both of these under-performers on the bench. I'm actually praying for Mikel's quick return now, that's how useless those two players have been.

At least Ramires does more or less what he's expected to do, and more than once exceeding expectations. I will still say Oscar is NOT playing bad, but just average. And that's a problem when Cesc is not in the best of form, as it puts too much pressure on Hazard. Let's just hope Willian can maintain the form he's showing now, and hope for the best. In any case starting Oscar/Ramires should be a given, considering Cuadrado's form atm.

The season must be rather dull for you at this point. No match for you in the leauge and CL out of reach

Never a dull moment when you're playing in the Premier League. Even with a 7 point lead and a game in hand.

Let's hope we left heart attacks behind us now.