test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Closed QPR v Chelsea

Started by Jason,

602 posts in this topic

If Mikel is fully fit again, I wonder if Jose will give Matic a rest to avoid him picking up a card. I think that Cesc can avoid a card if he really wants to. He's rarely in a position where he needs to foul someone, unlike Matic.

nachikethas likes this

We can do without Matic, as demonstrated vs Spurs with Zouma, with the right strategy. Same team from then please, although it might be wise to rest Cesc and give him his holiday now. The gamble might pay off in the form of freshness for the season run in. Especially for Arse and MU.

Cech

Iva Cahill Terry Azpi

Zouma

Oscar Willian

Juan Remy Hazard

Or Ramires as either an RW or a CM.

I know Mou would not do this, but maybe play Willian in centre and Luis as RW - he couldn't be worse there than Cuadrado, Oscar, Ramires

ZOS likes this

I know Mou would not do this, but maybe play Willian in centre and Luis as RW - he couldn't be worse there than Cuadrado, Oscar, Ramires

Channelling his inner Pep :Goober:

In all seriousness, that's not a bad idea. At all. Or play Iva there and Azpi-Luis fullbacks.

This championship outfit will try and kick us out of it, and get our players booked or sent off. Lets hold our heads, score early, score twice if possible, and then take Matic off and bring Mikel on as the small ground will suit him. Fabregas wont get booked unless it's for retaliation

No yellow card for Matic and Fabregas against Stoke. Odds on them picking up in this derby and miss the United and Arsenal games?

I actually wouldn't mind if fabregas got a yellow.

I want to see us play without him in a big game to confirm something...

thedrog108 and The Chels like this

QPR look pretty abysmal, Leicester City are more dangerous.

I think we should put two and two together and thrash monsieur Wenger and the MU and get over with it.

LAB likes this

Stan Bowles was their best player.

Scored against us at the bridge once from 30-40 yards, almost took the goalposts down (Bonetti ?).

If Mikel is fully fit again, I wonder if Jose will give Matic a rest to avoid him picking up a card. I think that Cesc can avoid a card if he really wants to. He's rarely in a position where he needs to foul someone, unlike Matic.

Nah it's Mou we are talking about, he always plays his best players unless they are not fit. He played Costa yesterday,Rambo vs Liverpool, Cesc when just recovered and Hazard vs Atletico last season while they were not 100 % for example. He will rather win at QPR and risk losing against United/Arsenal than risk a draw at QPR.

Nah it's Mou we are talking about, he always plays his best players unless they are not fit. He played Costa yesterday,Rambo vs Liverpool, Cesc when just recovered and Hazard vs Atletico last season while they were not 100 % for example. He will rather win at QPR and risk losing against United/Arsenal than risk a draw at QPR.

It's 3 points in both cases and we are near the end.

Logic says secure the 3 pts from QPR, if playing Cesc and Matic does indeed secure that.

I actually wouldn't mind if fabregas got a yellow.

I want to see us play without him in a big game to confirm something...

Ouch - that's a pretty poor statement :(

I know you are better than that...

the sentiment is wrong but well, cant say that i disagree.

yellow or no yellow, we need to start with matic. this is not the game for experimentation. qpr will be up for it, they will play like they have no tomorrow (probably they wont if they lose this), so we simply cant take it lightly and put anymore pressure than necesaary on ourselves.

courtois

azpi GC JT luis

matic rambo

willian cesc hazard

remy.

stroey and Zazard like this

the sentiment is wrong but well, cant say that i disagree.

So Cesc has contributed nothing then? If it wasn't for him - we wouldn't be where we are now. I suggest some fans take a look and realise that.

It's impossible to be 'in form' all season - hence why would the word 'form' even exist.

One pass from Cesc can decide a game and you guys are willing him to miss games? Sorry - but that's not an agenda I will ever support.

Fair enough on OSCAR - he has looked woeful - but Cesc - Jesus what do you guys expect a MOTM performance every game? The whole team has looked shit second half of the season, but it's Cesc's fault? Every player has been poor - with the exception of Hazard.

Roll on QPR - smash them 4-0 and take that confidence into the remaining games...

nachikethas and stroey like this

So Cesc has contributed nothing then? If it wasn't for him - we wouldn't be where we are now. I suggest some fans take a look and realise that.

It's impossible to be 'in form' all season - hence why would the word 'form' even exist.

One pass from Cesc can decide a game and you guys are willing him to miss games? Sorry - but that's not an agenda I will ever support.

Fair enough on OSCAR - he has looked woeful - but Cesc - Jesus what do you guys expect a MOTM performance every game? The whole team has looked shit second half of the season, but it's Cesc's fault? Every player has been poor - with the exception of Hazard.

Roll on QPR - smash them 4-0 and take that confidence into the remaining games...

Cesc was actually pretty good against Stoke yesterday. Him, Willian and Hazard combined very well but he latter two were superb so nobody mentioned Cesc, same goes for Azpi who was like a leader.

Vs Hull and Spurs final he also was very good, decent vs Burnley and should've had an assist if Hazard just scored against Westham instead of playing to Willian.

So we can pretty much confirm the "he only plays well in the first part of his season" myth is just bs.

Muzchap likes this

i think you have got both me and kellzfresh wrong here. atleast what i could understand off kellzfresh's post was that he wanted to see how we played in a "big game" without cesc, and lets be fair, cesc has been tremendous for us this season, but in the "big games" he has been average at best. if you take out his contributions for the big games, i dont think it would make much of a difference.

kellzfresh likes this

i think you have got both me and kellzfresh wrong here. atleast what i could understand off kellzfresh's post was that he wanted to see how we played in a "big game" without cesc, and lets be fair, cesc has been tremendous for us this season, but in the "big games" he has been average at best. if you take out his contributions for the big games, i dont think it would make much of a difference.

Ok so you would like to see us without Cesc in the big games

To me that's just crazy - who would you play instead - last time I looked we weren't exactly stacked with creative players

Cesc deserves to start - it's that simple for me

Open likes this

I just saw your quote

We've been slightly worse this season against big teams compared to last, more draws than wins, probably because of being less defensively solid. I saw us play the best against Liverpool in the carling cup after terry injured fabregas.

I don't want fabregas in the pivot for big games, I'll rather he didn't play than that.

Saying that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the way he's made us win so many small teams we struggled to win last season.

didierforever likes this