• Oscar (sub)
    • Cuadrado (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously a fantatic result with lots of positives - 3 points, no yellows for Matic and Fab.

Very poor performance overall though. Fabregas was awful and Drogba is really really shot, I hope he retires in May. The team lacked any sort of cohesion until Oscar came on.

Poor performance but we won and that's all that counts.

Basically there was nothing between the teams except that Courtois made a world-class save and Green made a world-class f**k-up that we had the experience and quality to capitalize on...

Awful match, awful ground and awful performance from us. But who cares? I know i don't at this point of the season!

Celebrated that goal like mad. :blue scalf:

We were sloppy from minute 1. Our passing was terrible. Even the Hazards and the Cescs couldn't perform simple passes let alone Brana and Azpi for example. Ramires offered nothing but on the other hand i'm not sure that Oscar should have started instead. It's better the way things happened after all. It's like when he plays he just has some 20 minutes a strong start and then nothing. So better have Ramires from the start and throw Oscar to have his decent 20 minutes when desperate.

I am tired of watching Azpi's inability to be involved in attack with his weak foot. It's getting really stupid now. Not even his fault however. Even at Loftus Road i'd play Luis instead.

Credit to our defence. We did well in set pieces and the keeper saved some good shots.

The goal was certainly a little gift but i gladly take it and give the middle finger to qpr. Hateful fans, throwing objects, awful pitch, small stadium, perfect for championship. Go to hell QPR and never return please!

After going back and re-watching some of our earlier games in the season - I think it's definitely 'pressure' affecting us.

The same team previously was playing so slickly - it's just crazy how we now look like a team of strangers.

We just need to get across the line. The only way to combat pressure is to win - once our players win the league, they will be able to handle it so much better next season.

SAF knew this with his United team - they never folded under pressure (during their dominant period) - I think Jose is trying for the same here. Getting it across the line is the hardest thing you can do - we just need to take each game as it comes.

It destroys me inside seeing us play so poorly, compared to what I know we can achieve - but the 'realistic' part of me knows we just need to get there. The result yesterday was massive - QPR tried everything they could to derail us - but we WON - last season that would have been dropped points for sure, so that's definitely progress.

I'm 99% hopeful that this season is all about building a winning mentality and a spine/core of the team - hence Jose not rotating players and relying on the same players week in week out - he wants to forge an identity and a playing blue-print. It's easier to integrate new players and younger players if you have a team of disciplined winners on the field.

Yes - our attacking play, passing and the basics have been woeful - but we haven't lost. Look at United earlier in the season - they had the same problems, pressure, pressure and more pressure and were awful, they strung some results together and I'm sad to say - now look a lot better and a real threat next season (although their defence is shit and if De Gea leaves - that will be a problem).

We need 4 more wins right from our remaining games - that's definitely do-able and the game against Arsenal is a 6 pointer - if we can beat them - job done.