Jose Luis Gaya

don`t think I`ve seen him play so..

pros-it would surely mean no more Bran at RB..with him and Rahman at LB. Azpi can go to RB permanently and Kalas or Kane can be his understudy.

cons-he`s a young Spaniard and there`s always the risk of him having "that dream" that young Spanish players often have.aswell as those from South America,Portugal sometimes..

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don`t think I`ve seen him play so..

pros-it would surely mean no more Bran at RB..with him and Rahman at LB. Azpi can go to RB permanently and Kalas or Kane can be his understudy.

cons-he`s a young Spaniard and there`s always the risk of him having "that dream" that young Spanish players often have.aswell as those from South America,Portugal sometimes..

kalas can't get on Middlesbrough team what chance does kalas get on the chelsea team

What is happening over at Valencia? Two fantastic LBs brought through Mestalla in successive years. Salvador Ruiz is a LB out on loan! Then a few years back Jordi Alba was sort of brought through the Mestalla. They are doing something right in the canteras down there.

kalas can't get on Middlesbrough team what chance does kalas get on the chelsea team

22 league appearances plus cup games in the last 5 football months.one succesful loan,followed by the request from that club to loan him out again isn't what i would class as can't get in the team.i'm aware he didn't start today.

I have no expectations of any youngster bought for less than 20m being given a true chance here,even tho one or two have it's never an expectation but only speak from what i would do and Kalas who can offer what Bran can as a RB/CB only with pace enough to track attackers back close enough to prevent crosses and in a lesser role as back up to Azpi who will play all games when healthy or not needing a rest.then i would prefer either Kalas or Kane players whose transfer fee has already been paid,than to spend again on that role/position.

What is happening over at Valencia? Two fantastic LBs brought through Mestalla in successive years. Salvador Ruiz is a LB out on loan! Then a few years back Jordi Alba was sort of brought through the Mestalla. They are doing something right in the canteras down there.

If we were a lesser profile team,not having expectations to win multiple trophies every year from an owner and coach with win now and we'll buy when we need depth.i think the same kind of things would be said of us.

But certainly they have an impressive record of buying young unknowns or promoting from youth and turning them into good players. It's odd but if football was only played with left feet and they kept who they have sold the last 5 or so years they would be one of the best teams around. Atleast at 5 aside football..:)

Gaya is a good player, but the reports speak about 37 million pounds and that is something crazy. For me he would be a good option, but in summer Gaya had a buy-out clause of 20 million euros. Maybe in summer he would have been a good option, but now I do not think he worth to pay so much money (37 million pounds is his current buy-out clause and Valencia not usually negotiate with other teams).

IMO, we should look to Fabinho (Monaco) as our option for right-back (Gaya is left-back). A young player with experience, similar to Maicon, which is becoming important for the national team of Brazil. he'sprice could be more or less between 20 and 25 million pounds. Jorge Mendes is his agent and Fabinho

has trained with Jose in Real Madrid.

Fabinho for me would be a better and cheaper option than Gaya, with Azpilicueta playing as left-back.

By the way, Gaya is playing Champions League with Valencia and he could not play Champions League with us until the next season (if we make his move). Monaco has been eliminated in Champions League and Fabinho could play with us in the Champions League this season.

Fabinho is an interesting player. I'm a little bit disappointed both Porto FBs went elsewhere in the summer window. But Gaya is impressive. Not great yet, but has speed, endurance, skill.... little animal runs all day.

• 1 month later...

He is quality LB but yeah too lightweight IMO.

When valencia played real last season he was shifted on wing with Orban at LB for extra cover and protection.

Gaya will be top lb soon, but PL would kill him. Unless we appoint Pep which will never happen.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You