Radja Nainggolan

RoyalBlues

I really hope this is true. 

With Matic returning to form, RLC progressing further as a player and adding a player like Radja, our midfield is going to be a physical nightmare for teams. This is exactly the type of player we need in the middle to take the defensive pressure and workload off of one player; Matic. Can't believe people actually sit on here and blame Matic for his effort and play this season... He spent a whole title race the previous season doing the defensive work of 3 people. Of course the guy is going to be tired. 

Great signing once again. A step in the right direction. Not all of them have to be huge names. Arsenal fans were whinging when they were being linked to Mahrez due to him not being a big enough name... Look how that worked out. 

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Atholy said:

His trademark is also a very rarely seen (& very effective) tackle from behind! It's a real joy to watch because it's so effective and enables him to set up the counter attack really fast!  

Demonstrated numerous times in the video below (0.46, 0,52, 2,36, 2,38!) 

Love it.

So simple but at the same time it looks so beautiful.

1 hour ago, Beigl said:

Didn't know he is half-Indonesian.

I really hope he can fulfill the expectations, if so we could pair him with another good DM and give Fabregas more freedom going forward.

Well, he is quite popular in here (Indonesia) actually ^_^

Mostly because of his family name are really well known in Indonesia. 

Well, he is quite popular in here (Indonesia) actually [emoji5]

Mostly because of his family name are really well known in Indonesia. 

Ok, thanks for the info!

2 hours ago, Atholy said:

His trademark is also a very rarely seen (& very effective) tackle from behind! It's a real joy to watch because it's so effective and enables him to set up the counter attack really fast!  

Demonstrated numerous times in the video below (0.46, 0,52, 2,36, 2,38!) 

And if he misses timing...bye bye legs.

He is fantastic tackler (apparently most tackles in serie a for past 5 seasons), but I hear he is slowly decreasing there.

But regardless of that, he is still top player and exactly what we need; agressivness in midfield. 

(due to his style, I guess even more people will hate us which is fine by me :D )

Delighted it looks like we're getting him. An upgrade on Ramires for sure.

That's the thing though, we're replacing Ramires really. I still think we need another midfielder. It looks like Conte prioritises his midfield, so a squad of Fabregas, Matic, Radja, RLC and at least another top midfielder would be great.

Hopefully, Oscar is sold for some funds. Barca should be in for Mikel too...

8 hours ago, the wes said:

Kante would be perfect :D

I wasn't on board with signing him originally, but to top it off as far as the midfield goes, I think he would be perfect now. Would probably give us the strongest and most aggressive midfield in the league, and maybe all of football.

Next best thing after Pogba. I initially wanted Gundogan, but think now I want Nianggolan more, after all those Atletico mouth-watering defensive masterpieces. :D

Not a spectacular signing? We don't need spectacular. We still have Costa, Hazard, Fabregas, Willian and Pedro as a good back up, to do spectacular things. We need SOLID.

Hope this will be done soon. We are moving in the right direction.

16 hours ago, The Mak said:

That's the thing though, we're replacing Ramires really. 

Not really in my eyes. His natural position seems to be DM (6), but for Belgium he often played higher on the pitch. He'd be close to KDB or whatever playmaker we had with Witsel in his back. He's more versatile than Ramires and would probably offer more to the team. Don't just see him as a workhorse, the guy is a great counter attacker for example. Does not slow down the game at all - in stark contrast with Witsel in recent years.

Not really in my eyes. His natural position seems to be DM (6), but for Belgium he often played higher on the pitch. He'd be close to KDB or whatever playmaker we had with Witsel in his back. He's more versatile than Ramires and would probably offer more to the team. Don't just see him as a workhorse, the guy is a great counter attacker for example. Does not slow down the game at all - in stark contrast with Witsel in recent years.

True. His direct forward play is what I like about him tbh. I wouldnt play him too high though. He isn't Hazard.

Great warrior though. Enter the Ninja!!!

This season at Roma, Nainggolan has averaged more than 1.8 tackles and 1.3 interceptions per game.

He's successfully completed over 75 per cent of his 242 long passes this season and has completed more than 80 per cent of passes in the opposition half, creating 38 chances. He's scored five goals and has one assist, equalling his goal record for last season.

Luciano Spalletti has spoken highly of Nainggolan's flexibility in recent weeks.

"Nainggolan knows how to do well in both phases [of midfield], giving him a role could limit him," he said. "He's very good when allowed to use his creativity, this is why I have used him as a trequartista multiple times."

He is the right mould of player to sign, an upgrade on Rami but similar, aggresive, with a bit of bite and lot of energy. We clearly lack legs in midfield, Fabregas and Matic cover the ground but aren't particularly mobile and get caught out. Nainggolan would give us that aggression, mobility and also another astute technical option in midfield, he's not exactly as good as Cesc is in terms of vision and final ball but he's not as limited as Ramires was so it's a good move. I'd be excited to see us play a 4-3-3 with Matic Cesc and Nainggolan but the only issue for me is Matic playing as the pivot player as his positioning is dodgy at times, although there is talk of Cesc being used as the deepest midfielder like Pirlo was at Juve. Who knows though?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You