Emmanuel Adebayor

DH1988

This is not mathematics, not an exact science. You may be right but what if Pat needs to be around players like Costa to step on the next level? Harry Kane has experienced rivals like Soldado or Adebyor but Spurs didn't loan him out. Wilson got his chance at Manchester United altough there are world class strikers there.

Also, Middlesbrough is currently 3rd in the Championship. What if they don't qualify?

Hi friend!

Of course if Boro not meet the requirements we we would have to change our way in the case of Bamford. But I trust that Boro will be in Premier League next season.

There are many cases of young players who succeed in large teams. But Harry Kane this up because now is not the same Tottenham

than Chelsea. If they fail nobody cares. If we fail is a drama. Here is more difficult for young boys.

I usually see Boro weekly summaries and performance of Patrick Bamford is being incredible. Every day he plays better and better. Now the same performance level increases every day and to continue this positive trend Bamford need to play each week and there is no better place in the world for him to Premier League and Boro with a coach like Jose Karanka who knows and has the same philosophy.

If Bamford next season plays 40 games between Premier, League Cup and FA cup, he will have continued the positive trend and maybe be back with us as a second or first choice as a fully consolidated player. In contrast for Bamford for wait now for a chance from the bench could be horrible for him.

If Boro does not return to Premier League, of course, we would have to change our strategy.

Regards.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But then, how many of those were starts? Remy has started only 7 times while Drogba managed 9.

he has only started 5 games for Chelsea...the substitute appearances don't matter as Remy is an experienced striker. He should know how to make an impact off the bench..

Even if he scored 15 goals for Boro in the Premier League he would start from the bench here. No young player becomes a starter immediately.

Of course I'm not a hundred percent sure that bringing Pat back would be a good idea but I think we need a young, ambitious striker. Drogba and Rémy ar ok but they are clearly not dangerous to Costa. A young man who is becoming better and better and is eager to play may be nice.

Useless lazy wanker. He was an extremely poor man's Didier in his 'prime' (whenever that was), so imagine how useless he is now.

And those asking for Bamford to be 3rd choice are mad. There is a more than likely chance that Boro will be promoted and Bamford staying there for some PL football is his best option.

Aké is a defensive player, it'd more risky to play him. Strikers are rotated more often. Rémy played 23 times this season, Drogba featured 33 times.

And how many minutes has Remy played? If Bamford has those minutes that is just a season wasted. Bamford has time and is not in the same league as Remy right now, which will make it even harder for him. And it is not as if Remy earned them starts. He only started because Costa was either injured/suspened.

Even if he scored 15 goals for Boro in the Premier League he would start from the bench here. No young player becomes a starter immediately.

Of course I'm not a hundred percent sure that bringing Pat back would be a good idea but I think we need a young, ambitious striker. Drogba and Rémy ar ok but they are clearly not dangerous to Costa. A young man who is becoming better and better and is eager to play may be nice.

Yeah and Costa and Remy are ahead of Bamford. At his age, Bamford needs to be playing. I got my hopes up of Lukaku being our second striker after his successful loans and yes he ran his mouth off a little but even after his first loan at WBA, we loaned him out again when he scored 17 league goals. No chance Bamford will stay imo.

And how many minutes has Remy played? If Bamford has those minutes that is just a season wasted

I got my hopes up of Lukaku being our second striker after his successful loans and yes he ran his mouth off a little but even after his first loan at WBA, we loaned him out again when he scored 17 league goals. No chance Bamford will stay imo.

I checked, Rémy has played about 900 minutes. I'm not sure if it would be such a tragedy for a young man to play that much for Chelsea. New level of football, new competititons, much better teammates, he could improve a lot in a season.

Mourinho is reportedly not a fan of Lukaku but Bamford almost became a squad member last summer.

We'll see. I hope the club will find the best solution for him.

I got my hopes up of Lukaku being our second striker after his successful loans...

Hi friend!

You think there's any chance of recovering Lukaku?

I have heard that he has very altered head with stupid things by the fame and stuff.

He had many characteristics to become a great player but maybe he has strayed from the right path. Its performance is still acceptable Everton and maybe could be a good option. Even this year there has been speculation with his back to us.

I know us and might be a good second choice to put pressure Diego.

Regards.

I checked, Rémy has played about 900 minutes. I'm not sure if it would be such a tragedy for a young man to play that much for Chelsea. New level of football, new competititons, much better teammates, he could improve a lot in a season.

Mourinho is reportedly not a fan of Lukaku but Bamford almost became a squad member last summer.

We'll see. I hope the club will find the best solution for him.

Exactly and Remy is 2nd/ joint second striker with Drogba. Bamford will be behind Costa and Remy which means he would most certainly accumulate less minutes. We play with 1 striker up front. Costa is fit, he will play majority if not all of our league games. Cup games, Remy possibly. Anyway I don't see Bamford being here next season without playing PL football with another club.

Exactly and Remy is 2nd/ joint second striker with Drogba. Bamford will be behind Costa and Remy which means he would most certainly accumulate less minutes. We play with 1 striker up front. Costa is fit, he will play majority if not all of our league games. Cup games, Remy possibly. Anyway I don't see Bamford being here next season without playing PL football with another club.

Actually our 3rd choice striker played more minutes than our 2nd.

We'll see but I find signings like Drogba and Adebayor pointless.

Hi friend!

You think there's any chance of recovering Lukaku?

I have heard that he has very altered head with stupid things by the fame and stuff.

He had many characteristics to become a great player but maybe he has strayed from the right path. Its performance is still acceptable Everton and maybe could be a good option. Even this year there has been speculation with his back to us.

I know us and might be a good second choice to put pressure Diego.

Regards.

There will be aspects of his game that he needs to improve such as technical side however he has the physical abilites and finishing to score wherever he plays tbh. He never has seemed to be someone motivated by fame. He just gets a bit too big for his boots sometimes and thinks he is better than he actually is. I don't criticize him for it. He just sets himself a high barrier. But there is no chance he comes back here with Mourinho in charge. When he reaches 25/26 who knows where he will be. I am sure he will a have a bagful of goals to his name though. I am a big fan of him. He has scored a lot of goals for Everton this season but by his standards I think he has been quite average. A lot of those goals coming in the EL. He is only 21 though and that is what we have to remember. Got loads of time to improve.

• 8 months later...

Adebayor and his 96 career goals in the Premier League left Spurs by mutual consent in September, following a season filled with plenty of drama away from the limited amount of football he did play. Because he did not terminate his contract with Spurs before the transfer deadline, he is not eligible to join another club until January. Supposedly he's been training hard to keep in shape. Watford and Chelsea are the two clubs supposedly looking at him, with the Blues no doubt thrown in there purely out of Mourinho's prior relationship at Real Madrid with the now 31-year-old striker.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/12/2/9832872/emmanuel-adebayor-set-for-premier-league-return-chelsea-watford?utm_campaign=weaintgotnohistory.sbnation&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

I wouldn't say no tbh. He's a talented striker in form.

He can have the Drogba role of last season I think. (Third striker)

An experienced pinch hitter who won't complain for lack of minutes.

Yeah because after being in togo since september will make him fit for a club like Chelsea right?

I think its time to move from this gamble bullshit options and go for a player who will actualy do his job and not only waste money and time.

There is a reason why Adebayor couldnt get into spurs team, not just in first 11 but even in the subs. His attitude and fitness alone are question right now, not to mention he is already 31.

Just because Drogba did well last year, what has Adebayor got to do with it? Is he a leader, chelsea legend or great character like Didi? No he isnt.

He was probably doing fuck all for past three months in Togo. But hey he is available so get him? He was out of form one year now Im tired of giving these wannabes like Falcao or Adebayor another chance. If they wanted to succeed they would work hard at their previous club and not live in past.

Get a proper players with ambitions and character even if its just 3rd striker.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You