Germanwings disaster

cosmicway

Has this kind of madness ever seen before ?

I know of the jihaddists, the kamikazi and also of self sacrificial actions in wartime.

But this is different.

There is only the Moorgate disaster in 1975 that comes to my memory. What happened there seems to be that the train driver as a result of momentary amnesia believed the station was to be bypassed and also forgot about the blind tunnel.
So it looks to me like this one was something we have never seen before.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing short of absolute tragic what has happened. The world is a horrible, horrible place and with some real messed up pieces of shit.

Would not like to think what those families are going through right now.

What I also think that is horrible are the german newspapers that show the full name of the co pilot and an uncensored picture of him .

So basically,everyone knows his last name and I think that you should never be allowed to show the full name of this co pilot in order to protect his family.

Very sad...

What I also think that is horrible are the german newspapers that show the full name of the co pilot and an uncensored picture of him .

So basically,everyone knows his last name and I think that you should never be allowed to show the full name of this co pilot in order to protect his family.

Very sad...

News sells I'm afraid, and by showing his face and giving names it accelerates sales and gives exposure. Social media also plays a huge part in anything now, and what was a snowball becomes something off the scale within seconds.

Has this kind of madness ever seen before ?

I know of the jihaddists, the kamikazi and also of self sacrificial actions in wartime.

But this is different.

There is only the Moorgate disaster in 1975 that comes to my memory. What happened there seems to be that the train driver as a result of momentary amnesia believed the station was to be bypassed and also forgot about the blind tunnel.

So it looks to me like this one was something we have never seen before.

No, it has happened before quite a few times actually. I read it in a newspaper - http://maailm.postimees.ee/3136533/kaheksa-juhtumit-piloodid-kes-lennuki-meelega-alla-kukutasid

It's in estonian, use google translate or something if you're interested. One very similar case happened in 1999 with 217 casualties.

Btw, here is a different view on this incident - http://www.eutimes.net/2015/03/us-laser-test-destroys-germanwings-airliner-killing-150-innocent-civilians/

KevinAshburner, thoughts?

No, it has happened before quite a few times actually. I read it in a newspaper - http://maailm.postimees.ee/3136533/kaheksa-juhtumit-piloodid-kes-lennuki-meelega-alla-kukutasid

It's in estonian, use google translate or something if you're interested. One very similar case happened in 1999 with 217 casualties.

Btw, here is a different view on this incident - http://www.eutimes.net/2015/03/us-laser-test-destroys-germanwings-airliner-killing-150-innocent-civilians/

KevinAshburner, thoughts?

Chrome said cannot translate to English but then I said Estonian to Greek and it did somewhat.

Difficult to understand but it appears to give a list of cases of mad pilots who caused crashes in the past.

Helios was a huge Greek tragedy with locked door again.

The pilots fainted or were already dead as a result of loss of pressure.

A passenger who was also a trainee pilot tried for hours to unlock but could n't.

War planes were called in and they flew next to the plane and their pilots could even see the passenger trying to open the door but could do nothinhg. Those war pilots had orders to fire rockets on the plane in case it took direction towards the city of Athens,
We don't know if the passengers were already dead from pressure loss but the Cyprus guy who was trying to save the plane also went around the seats and fixed mask to them.
In the end the door opened as a result of no more fuel left but only seconds were left and crashed on the ground killing everybody.
No parts of the bodies of the pilots were ever recovered.

Chrome said cannot translate to English but then I said Estonian to Greek and it did somewhat.

Difficult to understand but it appears to give a list of cases of mad pilots who caused crashes in the past.

Weird, it translates to english with no problems for me.

I will also search about the helios tragedy, sounds sick.

Weird, it translates to english with no problems for me.

I will also search about the helios tragedy, sounds sick.

Actually the jet pilots saw the trainee in charge of the plane, but without fuel he could not take it any place safe.

The man was wearing black, not the colour of the crew uniforms so the air force pilots thought he might well be a terrorist. In any case if that plane went towards habitations they were going to shoot.

The fact that he fitted masks to the passengers was ascertained by the autopsies.

It appears first the pilots lost conscience, then the passengers but the trainee and a stewardess were able to put their masks in time. But the door could not be opened and there were no emergency codes then - they were introduced after Heliow.

Actually the jet pilots saw the trainee in charge of the plane, but without fuel he could not take it any place safe.

The man was wearing black, not the colour of the crew uniforms so the air force pilots thought he might well be a terrorist. In any case if that plane went towards habitations they were going to shoot.

The fact that he fitted masks to the passengers was ascertained by the autopsies.

It appears first the pilots lost conscience, then the passengers but the trainee and a stewardess were able to put their masks in time. But the door could not be opened and there were no emergency codes then - they were introduced after Heliow.

How come that dude didn't lose consciousness though? The masks are attached above the seats and can't be carried around, no?

How come that dude didn't lose consciousness though? The masks are attached above the seats and can't be carried around, no?

The accident was in the cabin.

The passengers quarters were affected later - or so it seems.

The Cypriot man was about to start his career as a pilot so he knew things.

The accident was in the cabin.

The passengers quarters were affected later - or so it seems.

The Cypriot man was about to start his career as a pilot so he knew things.

The guy is a hero despite the outcome. What was his name? Far more important than knowing the psychopath killers names.

Bloody horrible and the poor Captain as well in knowledge of what was happening when found himself locked out and yet unable to get inside to stop it.Yet so little about him.Know the Co-Pilot would now be the focus but still.

Hate to think what the families are going through especially since this has come out and the Co-Pilots family as well.His actions not their fault yet have to live and deal with the consequences

I have not been able to catch up on the facts, can someone please enlighten me?

Was this a terrorist thing?

Is it true that he turn Muslim and then did this?

I think it wasn't, it was said he had severe depression that he was hiding from the airline.