Did you follow your dads team?

Emir

Yeah.

My granddad supported Spurs and to be awkward when they were young his 2 sons decided to support rival London teams (Chelsea and West Ham). Problem is my granddad was a proper old school dad and used to let my dad and my uncle fight all the time over football, so when I was born my mum told my dad that i'd either support Chelsea or noone xD.

So grew up being nudged towards Chelsea but tbh from about 10 my mum didn't care any more but I stayed with Chelsea because my blood was blue and I was truly in love with the club. My brother phased towards Dortmund then as he grew up although Chelsea are still definitely his 2nd team.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I did, not at first but my dad told me what manner of layabouts are in Piraeus and decided to follow.

Every season in mid July when the players of all the other teams are off to the beaches they write with big letters in their newspapeprs "galacticos", "we will win everything". Every season without interruption from 1953. Then they proceed to lose 5-0, 6-0 to Cyprus teams, Polish teams aso.

Olympiakos Piraeus say they have beaten Pele's Santos and they even wrote a song about it.

I will tell you the real story so everyone in the world knows.

In the summer of 1961 Santos visited Greece and played a friendly against AEK Athens, whom they beat 3-0.
Then they played against the champions Panathinaikos and drew 1-1. Whether that was prearranged or they said "let's play one more match" I am not certain, so I have a little doubt about Panathinaikos.
But that was definitely it, the Brazlilians retreated to the bungalows in Asteras Glyfada beach and they were having a good time.
Yet somehow their managers agreed to regroup them again and play a third match, against Olympiakos and Olympiakos won 2-1.
A cousin of mine used to work for national tourism in those bungalows. She told me they picked the Brazilian players from the water and hustled them onto a bus. Someone pressed Pele's tummy a little with his finger and a fountain of beer went up as far as the ceiling.
So that's the story of this famous so called victory.

Chelsea is different.

I became supporter in 1967, a little before the cup final against Spurs (Spurs won it) because we went on family trip to England and stayed in Earls Court road - near Chelsea.

My dads a former tennis player and obviously a massive sports fan in general. And hates the idea of me supporting a foreign club. He is always waiting for Chelsea to make a wrong step so that he can rub it in my face big time. Called me the very first minute Chelsea v Paris ended and my God I was seconds away from throwing my phone out of the window :lol:. His rant against Mourinho and negative tactics was something else :lol:. Ended up by saying I should reconsider my options and follow the likes of Barcelona and Bayern where "I can watch proper football". He can be annoying as fuck sometimes, but he is only joking :lol:. Still a great guy, my best mate.

Dad's a Leeds fan, my Mum and Stepdad are Man United. I loved Jimmy Floyd though, and blue was my favourite colour so Chelsea it was. My parents bought me the blue sharp united shirt, but I was having none of it.

Yeah.

My Grandad supported QPR as a boy because he lived round the corner from Loftus Road but my Dad grew up Chelsea because of his mates from school.

My 1st footballing memory is my Dad and his mates going divvy at the 97 cup final. My love affair started from that moment really.

I have managed to convert my Grandad also. He fell out of love with football in the 80's due to fighting etc. But he took me to The Bridge for my first time in 2000. He has been a blue ever since :lol:

I didnt choose my dads team here.

Because i was a bad ass boy hahahaha

You monster! I can see the disappointment in his eyes :D

My dad is not into footbal but my grandfather is. He used to attend and watch Hungarian games only(there were no good quality Premier League-streams in the 1950s :D) but nowadays our football is awful so he joined me supporting Chelsea :) We used to watch a lot of games together. Now I live far from my family but we talk on the phone every week and discuss the matches :)

You monster! I can see the disappointment in his eyes :D

My dad is not into footbal but my grandfather is. He used to attend and watch Hungarian games only(there were no good quality Premier League-streams in the 1950s :D) but nowadays our football is awful so he joined me supporting Chelsea :) We used to watch a lot of games together. Now I live far from my family but we talk on the phone every week and discuss the matches :)

Hahaha yup i've never liked Galatasaray i hate them and most of my friends supports Galatasaray. I have to say they have very dangerous fans. I stoped watching and supporting Turkish League when i was 10, only supporting national team other than that CFC ALL THE WAY!

Hahaha yup i've never liked Galatasaray i hate them and most of my friends supports Galatasaray. I have to say they have very dangerous fans. I stoped watching and supporting Turkish League when i was 10, only supporting national team other than that CFC ALL THE WAY!

The only Turkish guy I know is a big Galata supporter and he told me some stories about their fans.. It's crazy but I'd love to watch an Istanbulian derby someday.

The only Turkish guy I know is a big Galata supporter and he told me some stories about their fans.. It's crazy but I'd love to watch an Istanbulian derby someday.

Fans here doesnt deserve this football, football is like religion here you can see how Besiktas or Galatasaray fans supported their team against Tottenham or Arsenal at away. Hopefully Turkish teams will incorporate just like English teams so they can get to the next level.

Fans here doesnt deserve this football, football is like religion here you can see how Besiktas or Galatasaray fans supported their team against Tottenham or Arsenal at away. Hopefully Turkish teams will incorporate just like English teams so they can get to the next level.

Well, at least they are passionate. I remember three years ago Turkey played a wc-quali game in Budapest and I was there.

There was only a few hundreds of Turkish fans but the policemen shit their pants, they were really afraid from your fans :)

Well, at least they are passionate. I remember three years ago Turkey played a wc-quali game in Budapest and I was there.

There was only a few hundreds of Turkish fans but the policemen shit their pants, they were really afraid from your fans :)

They never shut up :P

• 2 weeks later...