Chelsea v Stoke

Jase

Think Stoke will come into this one with one objective: stop all football being played and come away with a point.

Can see this one being one of those laborious 0-0 or 1-1 draws in which Stoke don't trouble us much and we have to resort to 25 long shots against a parked jumbo jet.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As many others have said before me and as others will likely say after me:

---------------Tibo-----------------

-Azpi----JT-----Zouma----Luis-

----------Matic-----Cesc----------

-Cuadrado---Willian---Hazard-

---------------Costa---------------

I doubt very much it'll happen but it's what I (and most others it seems) want.

As many others have said before me and as others will likely say after me:

---------------Tibo-----------------

-Azpi----JT-----Zouma----Luis-

----------Matic-----Cesc----------

-Cuadrado---Willian---Hazard-

---------------Costa---------------

I doubt very much it'll happen but it's what I (and most others it seems) want.

Wouldn't mind that at all! If there is ever a time for this sort of lineup it has to be Stoke at home. We lose size without Brana but Stoke haven't really been that much of the threat from set pieces this year. I worry about not having an out ball with this lineup as well, the players would have to work extra hard at getting to the second ball.

I just want to see what we can be like with some real pace in our AM area. No doubt we will press high and Stoke will lump balls up to Crouch but so long as we win second balls and utilize pace we should be able to implement this lineup with success. Just have to put enough pressure on the midfield to produce turnovers

Dont think it matters who we play Brana ALWAYS starts and is NEVER subbed

Yeah, pretty much agree, but if there was ever a chance of it happening, it certainly wouldn't be against Stoke.

No chance.

Sure playing the exact same team that dominated them at the Britania winning however many first and second balls is a stupid idea.... because it includes Mikel...

His form disqualifies him.

His presence at set plays offensively and defensively definitely disqualifies your disqualification. If anybody wants to drop Ivanovic v Stoke then wait and see them pile a long ball onto Walters or Crouch who will be up against Azpi or target him from offensive set plays.

Courtois, Ivanovic, Terry, Matic, Hazard, Costa if fit must all play this game in my eyes.

Sure playing the exact same team that dominated them at the Britania winning however many first and second balls is a stupid idea.... because it includes Mikel...

Mikel's first appearance after a long lay off and injury is not gonna be a start. He will likely come in as a substitute at some point but thats about it. No way Jose starts him.

Mikel's first appearance after a long lay off and injury is not gonna be a start. He will likely come in as a substitute at some point but thats about it. No way Jose starts him.

Thought you might say because Mikel is shit like I was expecting from someone but fair point.

His presence at set plays offensively and defensively definitely disqualifies your disqualification. If anybody wants to drop Ivanovic v Stoke then wait and see them pile a long ball onto Walters or Crouch who will be up against Azpi or target him from offensive set plays.

If Brana's form is anything to go by, then he will get his positioning completely wrong at least once and concede a chance or two or three. Not to mention he will be handing out free passes to wingers to put crosses in left and right, which isn't ideal with Crouch lurking in the box.

Don't care about his strength and set-piece proficiency anymore, this argument has grown tiresome. That's literally his only redeeming quality at the moment, this isn't enough. We aren't, or at least shouldn't be like Stoke, who choose players solely on their strength, because they lack quality to play proper football. A full-back needs to be quick, needs to close down his flank and have some sense of positioning. Ivanovic doesn't tick any of those boxes. Plus he looks complacent as hell. But he will play every game till the end of the season anyway, so I don't care anymore and have given up on this subject. Hopefully Courtois and our centre-backs are ready to deal with a myriad of crosses from the right side.