• Fabregas
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Remy
    • Costa (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Cuadrado (sub)

Hello my Chelsea lads! Another 3 points on our march to raising the BPL Trophy in 2015!

We just can't win one by 2+ goals can we? B)

Seriously though, felt like we owned the match and the only thing that was going to keep us from all three points was fluke goals. Oh, wait, had one of those did they? Well, it was going to take two of those. It would be nice to win one going away with a 3 or 4 goal victory, but cannot really complain at all about today's efforts.

I was really not sure about the addition of Remy back in the fall, but I am big fan now. He has really grown on me the past 3 - 4 months. Another nice game.

Hazard is the heart of this club. He picks the team up and puts them on his shoulders at times.

Matic had a solid game and Cesc looked much better.

Willian's dribbling and possession was terrific. Back line was solid and Cahill looked steady.

I know its early, but just am shocked how out of place Cuadrado looks on the pitch. He is soooooooooo small too. He struggles to maintain possession. He just does not look like BPL ready. I would take everyone we have lost this year in place of him, Schurrle, etc. But who knows, maybe he will settle down eventually.

Another great Saturday afternoon and three more points closer to the title! :yay:

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An improvement but we play very predictably and easy for teams to sit deep and defend. Really need more natural width. Luis and Cesar on both flanks bombing forward is what I'd like to see.

Cracking game. We played a real clean game, while Stoke was resorting to absolute thuggery. I suppose that is what happens when the entire game happens in their final third. No wonder they could only score from their own half, we never let them in ours. (That goal though...) We should have had a more convincing win really. Still 3 points!

Gutted about Diego but I have every faith in Remy now, he keeps on delivering.

Cuadrado just looks so weak, I hope he sorts himself out. And I was the one calling for him to get some more minutes...

And Willian really seems to be stepping up his game. Ever since we bought Cuadrado. No one sang his song though. Its a personal favourite :(

Also I don't get why people are bothered about Drogba at the end, he's not exactly going to get enough yellows for it to make any difference.

Willian was great, taking huge part in 2 goals and in our best missed chance (the one that Oscar missed).

Cahill was solid, but wasnt that him with that poor clearance in the first half?

You're talking about that moment where the player took ages to clear that ball away, right? If so, that was Matic.

* I don't agree Ronaldo and Hazard can be compared as suggested. Different roles. Let's compare Terry and Hazard then. Messi ok and of course he used to be even better than he is now.

Eden Hazard's pen system is superb. His eyes are on the keeper and not the ball so he always dummies the keeper. At the same time his knows to avoid shooting wide.

* With Cuadrado it does n't look good now, but we have seen revivals of players in the past. Fiorentina and Chelsea are different quantities.

* Arsenal seem to be in good form but next year's opponent will be MU and it's not going to be nine points clear for either.

* We need to conclude our attacks sooner. Yesterday's tv commentator used the term "overplaying" which describes what happened against PSG and Burnley. I used other words back then.

You're talking about that moment where the player took ages to clear that ball away, right? If so, that was Matic.

Yeah - in first half, took ages to clear ball, and finally sent it directly to Stoke player just outside te box

Yeah - in first half, took ages to clear ball, and finally sent it directly to Stoke player just outside te box

Yup, that was Matic. Think there was a slight miscommunication between him and Courtois in terms of who's going to get the ball. In the end, Matic just hoofed it away because there was one Stoke player nearby.

Good morning! :D

Another thriller, but we managed to get the points. It must be very frustrating for the rivals to think time after time that we are going to lose points but in the end we don't!

This time we weren't bad or even average to deserve it imo. We played well enough to keep a clean sheet and score 2-3 goals, but football is crazy.

- Matic has finally showed signs of his earlier form. I think it's safe to say that both he and Cesc will be completely back on form in a couple of matches. We look so much better with them controlling the midfield.

- Willian had a great match and i would probably vote him for MOTM, however i couldn't ignore Hazard's performance. From another planet again.

- Remy with another goal. Truly wonderful signing, can't describe how grateful i am. It's going to be his time now and he totally deserves the minutes. Let's hope Costa is not serious though, we want to have options obviously, but nonetheless i am not worried at all about Remy stepping on his shoes for as long as it takes. He is fantastic.

- Cuadrado wasn't that awful imo. He just needs time to adapt and build some muscle obviously. Then we'll talk about it. Not fair to judge harshly yet.

- Oscar had a good start but deflated quickly. Frustrating <_< .

- I honestly thought at first that Tibo should't have conceded that goal but then i don't know much about goalkeeping positions so fair enough. I have changed my mind when i read about other opinions.

-Again, why Luis was benched i don't know. We would have been even better with him on the left and Azpi on the right.

All and all a good performance and it was about time, we will have to deal with some top sides soon.

- I honestly thought at first that Tibo should't have conceded that goal but then i don't know much about goalkeeping positions so fair enough. I have changed my mind when i read about other opinions.

Pele failed in Guadalajara.

Our own Alec Sofianidis scored like that against Olympiakos Piraeus, in a friendly, in 1963.

pegasus_LARGE_t_1041_27526494.JPG

Yup, that was Matic. Think there was a slight miscommunication between him and Courtois in terms of who's going to get the ball. In the end, Matic just hoofed it away because there was one Stoke player nearby.

thanks mate, guess not everything bad in our defence comes from Cahill and Iva :D

* We need to conclude our attacks sooner. Yesterday's tv commentator used the term "overplaying" which describes what happened against PSG and Burnley. I used other words back then.

We don't like to shoot from distance. We want to only shoot in the 6 yard box. Annoying formal arsenal behavior we have developed

One thing that has annoyed me these last few games: Why isn't Cesc taking all free kicks/corners?

We scored like 8 corners in the first half of the season, have we actually scored a direct goal from a freekick taken by Willian ever?

One thing that has annoyed me these last few games: Why isn't Cesc taking all free kicks/corners?

We scored like 8 corners in the first half of the season, have we actually scored a direct goal from a freekick taken by Willian ever?

Recent one I remember: semi COC Liverpool assist to Ivanovic. Yesterday Iva was also close to a goal when Willian took the freekick.

We don't like to shoot from distance. We want to only shoot in the 6 yard box. Annoying formal arsenal behavior we have developed

We are trying to be too intricate in and around the box at the moment. It's like we want to be the next Arsenal! I blame Fabregas for this...

We have some good distance shooters, but one also needs space to try.

Willian found some against Everton and he was also lucky. Hazard yesterday, early on, missed.

I mean more like one touch-two touch situations.

The endless formality reminds me of old USSR style. Their players liked to go past 4-5 opponents then went back and said "let's start again".

I just remembered Mark Hughes moaning about time wasting in the added time. Can someone explain the meaning of the word 'irony' to him, please?

The fuckers started wasting literally from the start. In the third minute of the match Begovic took over 40 seconds to take a goal kick!