• Fabregas
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Remy
    • Costa (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Cuadrado (sub)

I thought we started superbly. We penned them into their own half in the first 45 mins and were really on the front foot. Stoke couldn't get out of their own half. (They even had to score from their own half!!) i think the team was stunned after the wonder goal by Adams and it ruined a very solid first half performance. Hazard is a genius and Willian, who I was starting to doubt, really played inspiriingly. We played a lot better than we had been of late and deserved the three points. Stoke are always stubborn opposition and are never a pushover. They play dour football, interlaced with a smattering of thuggery. But it works for them and they get away with it. in the second half I always felt it was just a matter of time until we scored, and after we did we just played possession football, not really attempting to increase our lead. Stoke never threatened us all the game and their goal was a pure fluke. Overall a very solid performance from the lads.

QPR next and my worry here is that both Fabregas and Matic are one booking away from a suspension, and that would put either of them out for the Man Utd game I think. And you can be sure there will be fireworks at Loftus Road !!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we started superbly. We penned them into their own half in the first 45 mins and were really on the front foot. Stoke couldn't get out of their own half. (They even had to score from their own half!!) i think the team was stunned after the wonder goal by Adams and it ruined a very solid first half performance. Hazard is a genius and Willian, who I was starting to doubt, really played inspiriingly. We played a lot better than we had been of late and deserved the three points. Stoke are always stubborn opposition and are never a pushover. They play dour football, interlaced with a smattering of thuggery. But it works for them and they get away with it. in the second half I always felt it was just a matter of time until we scored, and after we did we just played possession football, not really attempting to increase our lead. Stoke never threatened us all the game and their goal was a pure fluke. Overall a very solid performance from the lads.

QPR next and my worry here is that both Fabregas and Matic are one booking away from a suspension, and that would put either of them out for the Man Utd game I think. And you can be sure there will be fireworks at Loftus Road !!!

I think we have little choice but to play them both, all we can do is give Fabregas more physical protection and play Zouma + Matic midfield and he can take main flak and some marking duties.