Jase

Man of the Match  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But still I don't see anything amazing about Felipe, judging by some comments here one would have thought he's better than Roberto Carlos.

He was the best left-back in the world last season. He's an elite full-back, surely enough to appreciate that ?

But of course you don't see anything special in him. Phew. But why I even bother after reading this

Ivanovic still is a great player for us

Everyone can have his opinion but yours is ridiculous on that matter.

Everyone way OTT. Not long back from the match. Hull turned it into a cup tie, high intensity, pressure up the pitch, played the ball over the top, and we were on the ropes. Apart from the 3 saves in 10 seconds we played well in second half. We don't have a God given right to win every game, it's the PL. Sign of champions to not be at best and win.

I agree a bit concerned about certain performances but they will come good.

KTBFFH

He was the best left-back in the world last season. He's an elite full-back, surely enough to appreciate that ?

But of course you don't see anything special in him. Phew. But why I even bother after reading this

Everyone can have his opinion but yours is ridiculous on that matter.

I don't give a fuck about last season. I watch him now, I watch him at Chelsea and fail to see anything out of this world. Bertrand could have done his job this season easily. Show me the Roberto Carlos you all are speaking about. Pressing? Pressing what? Dave is a better defender than him by a country mile.

Re Ivanovic, I don't bother discussing that anymore at TC, people here criticize that particular player every game, if he scored 4 goals in a game I know some prick would come out and say b-b-but he didn't close down the winger. Its very embarassing yet it doesn't surprise me because same shite was posted about Drogba, Lamps and Terry in 2011/12.

There are a lot of ungrateful and spoilt so called supporters of the football club.

That is why I'll leave you the footballing expert do to the analyse and ridicule my opinion.

Like most here I don't care how we got it 3pts is all that matters! At this point in the season with all the games and lack of rotation we aren't going to see the kind of quality we saw earlier into the season. So long as mentally we prove that we have enough resolve to win when we're clearly not at our best I'm very happy.

Nothing is ever easy at Chelsea so I've become accustomed to the fact that we have to grind out victories even against shitty teams.

Thought Hazard was brilliant. Courtois as well(despite the terrible error for the goal)

The story of the game for me though is Luis, who I thought was good going forward and awful defensively, and Remy, who despite not playing a lot always scores! None bigger than today... He needs more games for sure.

Filipe Luis plays his first game in a full MONTH since Burnley, a game he was arguably our best in and he's getting buried by some. Pathetic.

At least Mourinho is watching the tapes and he realizes Azpilicueta impotence in attack is one of the reasons why we have become so predictable.

Intricate pass in final third, lose ball, get countered, save from Thibaut, intricate pass in final third leading nowhere, pass to right for Ivanovic inconsistent crosses, gets headed away. Rinse, repeat and so on.

If Jose wasn't such a cautious manager, the real Filipe Luis would have been fully integrated into the team by now. Poor guy doesn't even tweet anymore after the games. Probably fed up of warming the bench regardless what he does.

It's not really. Root of the problem was Ivanovic making a very silly decision. I blame his panic move a lot more than Tibo's. It's like a domino if you like. His mistake was pretty basic.

what?

@The Mak see, i knew someone would say this. :lol:

Why should we give Jose credit? As lionsden said earlier, if it wasn't for Costa tweaking his hamstring, Remy wouldn't have came on.But I'm still angry. We won but I'm angry. Losing a 2 goal lead is unacceptable. Ivanovic and Cahill STILL our starters after making constant mistakes.Let's put it this way, we escaped with a win today. Like United did with Newcastle not too long ago.

What I find even more unacceptable is the shit message it's giving to the dressing room!

It doesn't matter how shit you play - you won't get dropped!

How the fuck is anybody going to stay motivated?

It's just terrible management - I never thought I'd say that :( :( :(

On the plus side - 3 points and like WHU - last year we would have dropped points, so at least there is some winning mentality growing in the team

Nice break now - spend some time getting this stuff sorted out!

Now we're losing a 2 goal lead ? What the hell.

Jose wanted to bring a rain on the team by bringing Zouma on. I was feared that it again backfire. Fortunately, Hull was completely out of gas and they didn't press at the end (they were empty much of the second half it has to be said).

On a positive side we played some nice football at the beginning. Tell me, playing like this isn't better than scrappy/rebounds/set piece goals from isolated situation ? It's far better, I enjoy this 10 times more.

Result is what now matters, because I know we don't change this side now. I already accept that we will grind out results to the end. And we've got another one and again by scrappy winning goal. Lucky, lucky us. I know how it feels now from both perspectives - when you chase a leader who win in this way and when you're chased by others and you still somehow win.

Jose said in the post match interview (Sky) that he actually wanted to bring Remy and play with two up top, Cuadrado in and Willian behind the strikers. (If he wasn't bluffing) But because Costa was injured he didn't do that, and because Remy scored he brought Zouma instead of Cuadrado.

Costa Remy

Eden Willian Cuad

Cesc Oscar

Iva Terry Gary

Tibo

Emergency line up.

He probably would have switched Iva to the left (like last year) and subbed off Matic since Cesc is vital for attacks.

Gosh, no defensive midfield. Any team that has a decent attack will slaughter us. If Hull turned up the gas even for 5 minutes, we'll be doomed. Replace Oscar/Cesc with Matic and the lineup will be fine.

Yeah it would have been a Kamikaze set up, survive or die. Oscar was just subbed on and I'm not sure Mou would sub off Cesc when we need to attack.

Gosh, no defensive midfield. Any team that has a decent attack will slaughter us. If Hull turned up the gas even for 5 minutes, we'll be doomed. Replace Oscar/Cesc with Matic and the lineup will be fine.

Agree with your statement, but not with your solution.

Taking out Cesc & Oscar will only cut off the supply to our attack.

Basically, if you want to play two up front, better do a 4-4-2. Play Cesc & Matic in the center, Hazard & Willian on the wings.