Marco Verratti

illmatic

As in he's a workhorse who defends well and is pretty good going forward. Add the fact the whole world thinks we're cunts, he'd fit right in.

Not saying he could realistically come in to this team with Cesc/Matic being our pivot.

For games against city, psg, real etc verratti would be much more useful than cesc.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Pogba is worth 100M, how much worth this guy? The real Young star of the midfield. Amazing pass, amazing vision, character of a veteran, a pitbull in defense.

Right now is TOP 5 on his position, in 2 years will be the best.

If Pogba is worth 100M, how much worth this guy? The real Young star of the midfield. Amazing pass, amazing vision, character of a veteran, a pitbull in defense.
Right now is TOP 5 on his position, in 2 years will be the best.

As much as I rate him, if he played for us in the way we utilize Fabregas in the big games I think he would struggle. PSG play to his strengths while in big games we don't play to Fabregas strengths in big games.

He won't EVER be better than Pogba. Despite different styles of play. To the people that rate him highly than Pogba: "You don't watch Pogba regularly", I'd say.

In fact yes, and is for that who I insist a lot in this forum that Pogba is very Overrated and considered that Verratti is Better.

As much as I rate him, if he played for us in the way we utilize Fabregas in the big games I think he would struggle. PSG play to his strengths while in big games we don't play to Fabregas strengths in big games.

Verrati and Cesc are two different players.

Verratti speciality is dribblng, is strong on the ball and has fantastic agility..... Exacly like a certain EDEN HAZARD and the total opposite of Cesc.

Verrati and Cesc are two different players.

Verratti speciality is dribblng, is strong on the ball and has fantastic agility..... Exacly like a certain EDEN HAZARD and the total opposite of Cesc.

Yeah, I never said they were similar players. My point was that PSG utilize him to his strengths while we only utilize Fabregas main strengths in games against much inferior teams. When we play teams with similar qualities like PSG, he is not played in his favoured position while Verratti is. Fabregas is a dictator, not a chaser.

Yeah, I never said they were similar players. My point was that PSG utilize him to his strengths while we only utilize Fabregas main strengths in games against much inferior teams. When we play teams with similar qualities like PSG, he is not played in his favoured position while Verratti is. Fabregas is a dictator, not a chaser.

Verrati can play dm, cm and am quite well.

If Verratti played parking the bus, he could shield the balll, win back the ball very well and dictate from a deeper position. If you remember the barcelona game, verratti held his own very well under blanc's negative tactics against barca.

Cesc on the otherhand cannot shield the ball and isn't a ball winner. So, Verratti would do a lot better under those weaknesses Cesc possess against big teams...

Verrati can play dm, cm and am quite well.

If Verratti played parking the bus, he could shield the balll, win back the ball very well and dictate from a deeper position. If you remember the barcelona game, verratti held his own very well under blanc's negative tactics against barca.

Cesc on the otherhand cannot shield the ball and isn't a ball winner. So, Verratti would do a lot better under those weaknesses Cesc possess against big teams...

I get you like him, I do to but stop overrating all the positions he can play in to an effective level. Yes, DM and CM he is comfortable in. If you played him consecutively in AM against good teams he would find it difficult to influence a game and you are not getting the best out of him.

I get you like him, I do to but stop overrating all the positions he can play in to an effective level. Yes, DM and CM he is comfortable in. If you played him consecutively in AM against good teams he would find it difficult to influence a game and you are not getting the best out of him.

Your point was that Cesc has a difficult time because of Jose's negative tactics against big team.

Those same negative tactics wouldn't be a problem with Verrati since his skillset are made for them.

1. Dribbling

2. Holding the ball up

3. Winning the ball back

3 traits that Cesc is not good at and Verrati is. 2 of those traits is something a certain EDEN HAZARD has and why he starts every big game for us.

Your point was that Cesc has a difficult time because of Jose's negative tactics against big team.

Those same negative tactics wouldn't be a problem with Verrati since his skillset are made for them.

1. Dribbling

2. Holding the ball up

3. Winning the ball back

3 traits that Cesc is not good at and Verrati is. 2 of those traits is something a certain EDEN HAZARD has and why he starts every big game for us.

He may have those traits that Fabregas does not but once again my point stands, you put him in no.10 in our position and he strugges. I recognise he has those aforementioned strenghts but like Fabregas the game would pass him by because you are putting a dictator in the no.10 role which means unless you have a like for like replacement you will struggle to get the ball. Verratti would be no difference to Fabregas although I do acknowledge your points that he has those abilities Fabregas does not. However can you imagine him playing a no.10 role for us with Matic and Mikel behind him. He would do all the chasing, put in tackles but the amount of times he touches the ball would be very limited becasue of the struggle we would have to keep possession.

He may have those traits that Fabregas does not but once again my point stands, you put him in no.10 in our position and he strugges. I recognise he has those aforementioned strenghts but like Fabregas the game would pass him by because you are putting a dictator in the no.10 role which means unless you have a like for like replacement you will struggle to get the ball. Verratti would be no difference to Fabregas although I do acknowledge your points that he has those abilities Fabregas does not. However can you imagine him playing a no.10 role for us with Matic and Mikel behind him. He would do all the chasing, put in tackles but the amount of times he touches the ball would be very limited becasue of the struggle we would have to keep possession.

Against big teams, Jose does 4-3-3, the same formation PSG does. However, instead of Matic, Verrati has motta. And either rambo/oscar as the other cm, not mikel vs a b2b in matudi...

Verrati made our midfield irrelevant even with the negative tactics. Verrati took on barcelona midfield easily.

Watch this kid when he finally moves to a big team

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You