Chelsea v Southampton

Jase

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless Mourinho can somehow get over the line tactically, I can easily see this as another draw at home.

It's up to the players on the pitch to prove us all wrong, however..

“Be optimistic. Be positive. We want to beat Southampton. We cannot promise we will win the Premier League but we are optimistic.”

I wanted to win the Premier League more than anything at the start of the season,

It's just the way we went out and the manner of it that will leave a salty taste in my mouth for a few weeks.

This. I didn't expect us to go very far at CL either, but we let PSG do to us what we used to do in the past to other teams so... it's the worst way i'd imagine us to go out.

Thoughts for Southampton:

I definitely want to see Cuadrado at least as a sub, Jose come on! And Luis!

Costa has to play to continue improving form but maybe not full 90 minutes. Normally i'd want to sub Remy on at 60-70 min whatever scoreline, except if Costa is absolutely on fire.

I am not sure about GC though on that one. Southampton can be tricky enough for him. Zouma is the best option imo.

Fabregas and Matic have to try and do their best. It's been a while since i've seen both of them bossing it in sync. They are the most important part of the team.

Courtois

Cuadrado Cuadrado Cuadrado Cuadrado

Cuadrado Cuadrado

Cuadrado Cuadrado Cuadrado

Costa

Well, if we're gonna win with huge score, I think this is the moment.

More like

Azpilicueta

Azpilicueta - Azpilicueta - Azpilicueta - Azpilicueta

Azpilicueta - Azpilicueta

Azpilicueta - Azpilicueta - Azpilicueta

Azpilicueta

Mourinho would love that. You can't say this team lacks character. And we may be decent in the pressing game.

However I'd go like this

Courtois

Azpilicueta - Zouma - JT - Filipe Luis

Matic - Fabregas

Cuadrado - Oscar - Hazard

Diego Costa

Pressing to have more transitions and genuine overlapping, so more quality in the final third when playing positional attack.

Would love if there'll be place for RLC on the bench.

If we are gonna play with proper intensity we will beat them. Last time we quickened our game vs them in the second half, we were on them for almost whole time.

Yes!!! Burnley won, although i wouldn't mind them going down after their antics at the Bridge.

I think we can tie up the league tomorrow with a win, would be a nice ending to an otherwise miserable week

Of to bluemoon forum for some entertainment :D