Chelsea 1-1 Southampton

Jase

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it many times, but as I'm a Shirley fangirl - I don't even deny it - people thought it was just my feelings for him. Cuadrado is a waste of space, money and when we have Oscar and Willian contributing negatively or with nothing in our attack, we look to the bench and see Cuadrado instead of Shirley, I understand why the Brazilians start every match.

Also too bad that yellow for Cesc didn't come. He wasn't good for even that today, as he never challenged/tackled/pressed any Saints play at all, let alone with enough force to draw a yellow.

Fabregas is a pedestrian taking a walk in the park. He litteraly cannot run. He is only good on the ball and when he has a bad game on the ball he is basically useless. I mean useless in the sense that we are a top club in Europe and we should be fielding midfielders who when they have a bad game on the ball they at least make up for it off the ball.

The second I saw Dean was the ref I knew we were not going to win the game, he is one of the worst ref in the UK, shocking decisions, so typical he would help Southampton to a pathetic penalty.

We need to be better than them and still get a result, we got screwed last season out of the league and I see it happening again.

We must not implode :(

Do you really want ramires / mikel / guadrado / drogba to be the first squad ?

Rambo is the best supporting player for Matic and Cesc in midfield, much better than Oscar.

Remy, Luis (and Zouma) should get more minutes.

Cuadrado needs a run of games

-Dire first half and mostly good second half.

-Costa and Hazard were both good overall.

-Both Matić and Fabregs looked exhausted and sloppy. Worst performance I've seen from Fabregas.

-We are embarrassingly susceptible to pace. Our defense and midfield get annihilated by pace. Not only through the middle but in wide areas as well.

-Oscar, other than a flurry here and there, just isn't good enough.

How good is Morgan Schniederlin? Looked a level above our midfield players today. I'd have him here in an instant. Could be a great option in the summer. Bossed us today.

A point was a fair result in the end and not the end of the world.

City will now have renewed hope and Arsenal will start to believe that they have a serious chance to claw us back and nip us to the title. I expect plenty of rotation for the next match. Surely José will finally relent in that regard.

Also, how bad has Cuadrado looked for us? Yes, it's hard to get settled and up to speed when you get so few opportunities and only cameo appearances, but fuck me he looks lost. Getting concerned.

Do you really want ramires / mikel / guadrado / drogba to be the first squad ?

No. But that begs the question:

Why is Mourinho keeping the above players around? 30m for Cuadrado - and he could barely bring the ball under control today and got signed up this transfer window. Awful decision

Mikel and Ramires are past it, why keep them around?

Grandpa Drogba? He's a Chelsea legend but clearly past it, if Mourinho's decides to sign players for sentimental reasons then he's paying the price for it now.

Regardless what happens in final rounds, this is not level of football we should feel good about. Surely we all have our points of view, but I'm deeply annoyed by performaces of "Oscar The Invisible" and "Willian The Useful" match after match. Our attacking line is failing miserably thanks to those two. And to think Mourinho pushed De Bruyne and Salah out of the team... we could have secured the title already with some decent attacking football

I know we should be winning at the bridge, and we can certainly play better than that, but a draws a draw. We should have sunk that goal at the end, and could have had a penalty, so some of it was down to luck in that respect, but then Cesc had a nightmare for the majority, but I wasn't majorly disappointed in anyone otherwise (Oscar doesn't count. As far as I'm concerned, he didn't even turn up).

I just think as much as we could have done better we've also played a lot worse recently, and I was encouraged by a lot of the second half.

Was waiting for someone to make mention of how poor Cesc was, he looked like he's never played football before... Wayward passes, little to know passion, dwelling on the ball, not taking any chances to shoot. I won't even begin to speak on defensive contribution, I'd be here all night.

We simply have too many one-dimensional players in our squad. Aside from Hazard, Matic and Cesar every single player that started today's game is too dependent on either the player behind, in front or next to him.

Terry can't play if his partner doesn't possess above-average pace, Cahill can't play if his partner doesn't have a huge football IQ. Ivanovic needs someone to cover for him, Willian always needs someone to help him out offensively, Fabregas has no pace and is a liability defensively for our system, Costa needs the support of the guys behind him and Oscar, hell I don't even know what kinda support he doesn't need.

Now compare this squad to the one we had under Mou's first time at the Bridge. Back then our midfield was probably the most versatile in the history of the PL, our back-line was a joy and our striking force in Drogba revolutionized the way we view strikers' now.

With the current state of our team too many players are doing a job they ideally shouldn't be doing. Matic shouldn't be covering for him AND Fabregas, Hazard shouldn't be creating for all 3 players behind our striker, Azpilicueta shouldn't have to worry about exposing Terry and his lack of pace, Ivanovic shouldn't be our main threat on the right flank, whoever is playing with Ivanovic on the right side should be able to provide offense himself and shouldn't have to cover for Ivanovic all the time (Though, I advocate that this should be the case for the remainder of the season considering our lack of options).

The lack of allrounders and two-way players is worrisome IMO. You can't have a healthy balance within our starting-11 if guys have to bail our certain teammates from the start of the game. That absolutely shouldn't be the norm.

Regardless what happens in final rounds, this is not level of football we should feel good about. Surely we all have our points of view, but I'm deeply annoyed by performaces of "Oscar The Invisible" and "Willian The Useful" match after match. Our attacking line is failing miserably thanks to those two. And to think Mourinho pushed De Bruyne and Salah out of the team... we could have secured title already

The Brazilian duo (Willian and Oscar) are the weakest link in the team. Brazil's complete capitulation at the 2014 World Cup was prove enough of their genuine lack of quality and more importantly mental strength. The minute things start going wrong, they'll simply collapse on you as demonstrated by Germany's 7-1 riot of Brazil, Brazil's worst defeat in their footballing history.

Both need to go. Hazard is the only world class player in the team.

Can't complain considering the 2nd half effort.

Costa looked very dangerous in the box, but a bit too eager to get on the ball, moving out wide etc. when there was already a lot of support. A bit more patience and he could've got a second, had the beating of Fonte and Anderwield in the air all game.

Hazard was fantastic, really turned it on, everything good went through him and down the left.

Fabregas played it too safe, didn't take enough chances. Had a habit of running into the congested middle a lot when there was always space down the right. Probably because him, Oscar and Willian all play too centrally.

Mane and Long were just too quick for Matic to deal with, understand why he came off.

And can someone tell me why Zouma has been dropped? Koeman was always going to play counter, he would've been perfect. Terry and Cahill is a very slow combination to play against Mane and Long; they caused a sorts of problems in the first half.

Good thing City are shit!

Rambo is the best supporting player for Matic and Cesc in midfield, much better than Oscar.

Remy, Luis (and Zouma) should get more minutes.

Cuadrado needs a run of games

I suppose you didn't watch the match against PSG just a few days ago then.

Matic should have been sent off for a second yellow as Dean was pulling out the card and realized Magic was already on yellow.

Southampton was still terrorizing the back line creating chances.

Dean wasn't pulling out a second yellow at all. He reached for his breast pocket, but his cards were in his shorts.

I suppose you didn't watch the match against PSG just a few days ago then.

My opinion isn't based on 1 game where he was on a yellow card and played on the RW.

He should partner Matic in the pivot.

We haven't lost any game with him and Matic this season, and won the COC when he supported Zouma.