BlueLyon

I heard some rumours that he wont extend contract with Psg and want to join Premier league.

His price is apparently around 20m.

While many want Pogba, including me, he is not worth 80m and Matuidi would be more suitable for us as he has more experience, tactical awarness and stronger mentality.

Heard Arsenal, City and United are keeping tabs on him too.

Imo if we sell Ramires for certain reason, Matuidi would be fine addition. He is more reliable with the ball and has knock to make some deciding moments in big games too.

What do you think?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sell Mikel and get him would be reasonable

True, but Matuidi is more b2b than classic DM. But surely he can play both roles great, he is just better with bit more freedom as b2b.

I'd be happy to get him to be honest, but signing another CM means either two things: he'd be back up to Matic or Oscar would probably get sold because we'd play a 4-3-3, Matic holding with Matuidi and Fabregas ahead of him.

"He won't extend his contract" well he has a contract until 2018. Why would they sell him ? And why would he want to leave ? He's French, he's playing in the best French team, he's playing in almost every possible game since he's arrived, he's getting regular caps ahead of Euro 2016 in France, he's vital for them and he's in his prime years. Enough reasons ? The only one scenario is that PSG try to recoup some significant money to make a move for Pogba and Matuidi is the one who they will sacrifice. And that means he won't be cheap.

I'd welcome him as an upgrade to Ramires especially in technical abilities and intelligence while still possessing similar physical traits, but I think we should buy someone younger. We have already Ramires, Mikel, Fabregas and Matic in the same age group who, maybe not now, but in not so long future will start declining process and we really don't want players to age together.

I'd go for Pogba, Koke to name world-class (or potentially world-class) players or someone like Imbula if the two is out of the picture.

Anyway, a very good player nonetheless.

I'm not stripping Matuidi from very good player class, because I watched him often enough to know that. But Fernandinho looked like a world beater in 2012 when we played against Shakhtar. Remember that ? Our midfield can be so passive that it made good players look like a world-class.

I'm not stripping Matuidi from very good player class, because I watched him often enough to know that. But Fernandinho looked like a world beater in 2012 when we played against Shakhtar. Remember that ? Our midfield can be so passive that it made good players look like a world-class.

I get what you mean, but Matuidi was amazing against many teams, including Barca. And he is consistent for few years now. Not to mention Matuidi plays in france and is regular for national team, while Fernandinho played for shakhtar all these years. And they paid 40m for him or sth, Matuidi (if he forces to leave), will not be that expensive.

• 4 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You