Costa or Kane

Thank you for creating this brilliant thread. I would personaly buy Torres and Di Santo as soon as possible. I always wanted those two to compete here at the same time to see who is ''better'' at scoring goals for us. As for Kane and Costa, they arent half the players Torres and Di Santo are.

And if we ever buy Kane, I hope we sign Townsend in pack because that dude is a beast. Clearly the best player in league, twice the Hazard.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kane does hold the ball up better than Costa, however, one thing a lot of you forget is that Costa is a mad dog. He brings intimidation to opposing players and the pressure.

Kane, striking ability never really impressed me, even though he has a fantastic goal rate this season, but his all around game is very good. Kind of like rooney's all around game, except rooney was far superior technically..

I think the fact pochetti really changed the whole midfield really helped kane a lot this season. Went from household names to hard working players instead... It will be interesting to see how well he does next season and in the future.

that was luck and in the final what did he nothing he was sh*t.while Costa was amazing and again kane had luck againts us and in the final he did nothing he is not for big matches

I dont want to discuse with someone who doesnt understand football so i will make it short DIEGO COSTA THE BEAST!

Don't know who that was aimed at but if it was me you maybe want to fix up on your football knowledge first and last but not least, your grammar is appalling. Know when to use your commas and full stops as well. Would make life a lot easier :D

So let me get this straight, kane is not for the big games because he failed to score in the COC final despite actually running our defence rag in the first half and held the ball up well against our parked defence but costa who not only has failed to score against psg,cityx2,liverpool COC but also performed woefully in those games is a better big game player in the context of this season. Just so we are clear, is that what you are really saying?

So costa played bad during some of our awful negative performances. I doubt lord kane would have done better in those circumstances.

Costa is extremely overrated. To me he's a physical version of Falcao i.e quality and efficient finisher, technically deficient and awful outside the 18 yard box most of the time. Harry cane on the otherhand is actually a proper footballer first and foremost. he can hold the ball up brilliantly, bring others into play, link up play well, superior technical ability and He's not only having one of the best breakthrough season ever in top flight football but also outscoring and definitely outperforming Costa, this despite being 5 years younger.

Harry has a significantly better all round game and would be a much better fit for this team as he's a lot more tactically versatile. technically gifted enough to excel in a possession based team and tactically smart enough to play in a counter attacking set up. We have lacked someone that can hold the ball up and bring others into play in difficult games this season.

And no doubt there will be plenty of "you are embarrassing", "I can't believe what I'm reading" "spoilt" "trolling" and other predictable and overused rhetorics but when one actually sits back, watch and analyse both players closely, look at the numbers without any blue tinted glasses. . . . . . . .

So to answer the OP question yes I would swap Costa for kane

Bobby Zamora is extremely overrated. To me he's like a taller, stockier physical version of Mini me from Austin Powers as he is bald. Father Ted on the other hand is actually a proper priest first and foremost, he can conduct marriage ceremonies and probably pass for being 57 and bring the boys to the yard without milkshake.

Del Boy has a significantly better head of hair. Technically he isn't gifted enough to excel in a major business situation and unlike Alan Sugar is not smart enough to build up a successful rubber dingy company from the ground. We have lacked somewhere that can provide safe rubber dingys as well as somewhere where we can acquire some groceries.

And no doubt there will be plenty of "Ryan are you high", "I can't believe what I'm reading" , "what the fuck" , "trolling" and other predictable and overused rhetoric but when one actually sits back and analyse my post, then I'm sure they will realise I am talking so much bullshit right now.

So to answer the OP question yes I would like some cornflakes.

Sorry I thought we were just posting random stuff about anything and everything. A Costa coffee sounds better than a hurricane too

What a lot of you seem to overlook is that Kane still benefits from the 1st breaktrough year element of surprise and that he doesn't really have much pressure on him atm, since he's over achieving.

You always have a good state of mind when you over achieve, now what I'm waiting for is for him to feel that pressure and still bang goals week after week, i doubt so, plus, we already stopped him in Wembley, once all oponnents will start taking him this seriously it's gonna be interesting.

Costa is a game and season changer, and no forward in the world suits us better than him, especially in terms of his attitude, Costa is made for Chelsea and Chelsea is the right place for Costa, keeping him all day long over Kane.