Costa or Kane

Costa Kane or Lukaku //

ive watched Lukaku closely tonight ,, how does he score so many .Its rocket science actually ,, HE spends most of his time in the box usually quite central and makes attempts on goal ,, tonight was unlucky twice hitting post or cross bar THIRD time lucky ,,,still its easy scoring for poor teams like Everton

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

again Lionsden seems to have been proved correct . Interesting to see the views when the thread was opened

fair enough, but not really rocket science is it? How much did we pay for costa? $25m? $30? For a top striker?! Not a chance!

Good luck getting Kane for anything less than 3 times as much - and he's hardly a top striker atm. Most times, market valuation does matter as it is indeed a competitive market with many scouts and agents crunching numbers.

Now concerning technique, Kane is leagues ahead of Lukaku. Lukaku is obviously pacier and more powerful, so it's a matter of the type of player you want. I can certainly see technical sides like Bayern and Barca preferring a player like Kane though.

Was never a fan of Costa, but I think he's currently unfit as are a number of the players - yes still not at their 100% fitness. That's how bad they were at the beginning of the season. I've said it before, but a number of them were carrying a few extra pounds and that's difficult to fix short term.

I don't think they don't want to play for him - they just can't atm. The players, including Costa, are not as poor as they appear to be.

• 3 months later...
14 minutes ago, Styles said:

Kane is comfortably better now in my opinion.

Much, much better all round footballer.

If Diego didn't have extreme anger and self control issues like a normal human being he's easily better than Kane. If he's totally focused only on playing like he was against PSG before getting injured there aren't many better #9's. Kane is superior with the ball at his feet dribbling but that's about it in terms of ability.

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

If Diego didn't have extreme anger and self control issues like a normal human being he's easily better than Kane. If he's totally focused only on playing like he was against PSG before getting injured there aren't many better #9's. Kane is superior with the ball at his feet dribbling but that's about it in terms of ability.

Definitely. Costa's just got that extra level to his game where he can grab the game by the scruff of its neck.. The aggression would have to be toned down but not lost. It'll never happen so right now yeah, you've got to say Kane lol!

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/03/2016 at 10:28 PM, Pizy said:

his passing and shooting is better too

Just look at pages 5-8 when I had to argue with so much people about Kane being the real deal. Pacquiao was the main culprit whose arguments were just utter rubbish and utterly pathetic however there were even others who doubted him because he had a slow start. Look at him now. Leading the scoring charts. For me I think he is the best striker in the league besides Aguero. And he is only getting better and rarely seems to be injured.

27 minutes ago, Stats said:

Just look at pages 5-8 when I had to argue with so much people about Kane being the real deal. Pacquiao was the main culprit whose arguments were just utter rubbish and utterly pathetic however there were even others who doubted him because he had a slow start. Look at him now. Leading the scoring charts. For me I think he is the best striker in the league besides Aguero. And he is only getting better and rarely seems to be injured.

Truth be told I wish Paq was still here, yeah he went over the top (a lot) but at least he went over the top defending our own players, I'd rather read that than the tedious our players are crap, other teams players are amazing and the sun shines out of the sold player's arses cliches that litters this place these days.

Im not saying you are one of those people (the culprits know who they are) I just quoted you because you mentioned Paq.

I just hate Harry Kane irrationally. Hate the club he plays for, hate the way he looks with that dumb hair style, his mutant face, how he always has that dopey look with his mouth open, and how he wears that fucking stupid looking skin tight shirt that none of his other teammates wear. Most of all I hate the media creaming themselves over everything he does.

He's a good player of course, but I'm not completely convinced he's "world class" yet like many seem to think. Let's see how he gets on against elite competition in the CL next season. I think he and most of this Spuds squad will find it tough.

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Truth be told I wish Paq was still here, yeah he went over the top (a lot) but at least he went over the top defending our own players, I'd rather read that than the tedious our players are crap, other teams players are amazing and the sun shines out of the sold player's arses cliches that litters this place these days.

Im not saying you are one of those people (the culprits know who they are) I just quoted you because you mentioned Paq.

I agree with a lot of what you said tbh. I mean Fabregas, for instance has not been great this season but he has vastly improved under Hiddink. Yes, he went missing against PG etc but after making three assists in one game and reaching a certain point in number of assists, seems majority of fans are just slating him and criticising him. You would think a lot of fans are Gooners with the way people are slating Courtois and Fabregas and wishing for Cech to come back. I went to the Fabregas thread earlier and just see so much abuse. Atonishing.

It frustrates me as well when I see people question the decision to sell Cech and keep Courtois like Cech has not made numerous mistakes himself this season.

look at his opener vs stoke. costa could not do that in 100 years, but most other top strikers could.

that and his poor technique, is why costa needs a partner, too limited to be our sole striker, although he leads the line well

I'm not going to say Harry Kane is better than Diego Costa.. but what I will say, is that Kane is an incredible goalscorer and he's done exceptionally well for the Spuds.

Costa has had a mediocre season, just like every other Chelsea player.. because no-one has done their job properly. If the midfield suffers, the strikers suffer just as much. 

Let's see how well Kane does at the Euros, and then I'll come up with a better analogy.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

I agree with a lot of what you said tbh. I mean Fabregas, for instance has not been great this season but he has vastly improved under Hiddink. Yes, he went missing against PG etc but after making three assists in one game and reaching a certain point in number of assists, seems majority of fans are just slating him and criticising him. You would think a lot of fans are Gooners with the way people are slating Courtois and Fabregas and wishing for Cech to come back. I went to the Fabregas thread earlier and just see so much abuse. Atonishing.

It frustrates me as well when I see people question the decision to sell Cech and keep Courtois like Cech has not made numerous mistakes himself this season.

Courtois is still a young guy and don't forget that he was out for months this season. He made some mistakes and people are allowed to be unhappy with his performances,
i think, but i agree with you that going further and now questioning the Cech sale is over the top.
It's so easy with hindsight in footie these days, everyone on the internet can be a manager.

But in my view the case Fabregas is a different pair of shoes. Yes, he has improved, already started under the watch of Mourinho, but i'm also of the opinion that
because of the stature of Fabregas it could have been more. Because of his age he should be at his peak, he's on big money, he talks a lot of sense,
but he simply can't walk the talk.
He's a liability off the ball, yes he can pass a football, but he's part of the problem why we're open like a barn door against counter attacking football.
He can't run, his shooting from open play hasn't been good enough, his positioning is questionable... i'm not happy.
I wouldn't call him a cunt, that does neither of us any good, but if it's possible, i want him gone. Don't think it will happen, Chelsea is best for Fabregas, not the other way round.

Regards!

Kane had a lot to prove after that debut season. I liked what I saw and I was becoming a fan but you never know.

The second season is harder. That's what they always say. But not only has he once again proven his quality, he's become even better. Intelligent, terrific work rate, excellent fitness, good technique, uses his body well to protect the ball and in physical duels and a brilliant shooter and finisher. He's a real threat from any angle in and around the box. But more importantly, he's become so decisive. Opening goals, equalisers, winners. He seems to thrive under pressure.

Kane over Costa for me. In fact, there's no one I'd rather have leading the line out of the PL strikers. Yeah, yeah, I know. Aguero. I'm not saying Kane is the better player but I'd always pick him. Aguero has tendency to disappear in games. And he's a bit streaky. Not to mention his fitness issues. I also think his performances on the international stage have been disappointing. Kane is a big presence. He leads the press, he moves all over the attacking third. He also provides some aerial threat. If he's not scoring, he's still a big help with his defensive work. And he's quite creative for a traditional centre-forward.