Chelsea v PSG

Jase

6 days is a perfect break - recharge batteries - get on the training pitch and work on our attacking shape, passing tempo and ball retention.

There's a tough run of games coming up - this is a nice little break.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual you're our most optimistic supporter.

Just being realistic. Anyone expecting champagne easy win is sadly mistaken. Our recent form doesn't help much either, we are winning games through sheer will and defensively strong and not because we are destroying opponents by attacking. Considering they will need to score a goal like Liverpool did I am expecting Jose to set us up nearly identical to that game and as a result we will make it through but just barely again.

To be fair to him, it has been our tactic maybe the last 5 matches, and was even employed against the likes of West Ham, Tottenham and Burnley after we scored. That shouldn't ever be the case against those teams.

We look far more likely to concede when we do close the game down than compared to when we use our offense as the defense.

Tbf we need balance, trying to outscore the opponents like that Spurs away game could result in a raping. Really want us to repeat the City last season away performance, that was perfection in term of both attacking and defending.

To be fair to him, it has been our tactic maybe the last 5 matches, and was even employed against the likes of West Ham, Tottenham and Burnley after we scored. That shouldn't ever be the case against those teams.

We look far more likely to concede when we do close the game down than compared to when we use our offense as the defense.

You're really underrating West Ham and Spurs. Spurs are an excellent side, if we hadn't played like that on Sunday the result may have been different. West Ham are also a very gritty, resilient side and its hard to score against them.

Report from The Mourinho Thread. Apologies in advance if I upset someone. Sorry.

I think Jose will return to bet on Zouma in midfield alongside Matic and Ramires. Perhaps it may seem an overly defensive approach, but placed Zouma and Ramires in midfield would give greater freedom of movement Matic, Fabregas, and Diego Costa Hazard which may be decisive in the important moments.

Regarding Willian, he is nonnegotiable for Jose, but this approach may despair PSG in the first half, and the second part we may disclose get Willian (who works and creates equally futbol) and with spaces, sentencing the tie.

We're ahead, but a goal against us would place us in a dangerous situation. So our main objetive has to be despair PSG, and when they hit tired and seeing the tie escapes them, we can kill off the tie on the counterattack.

Our defense in defensive situations.

Courtois

Cahill Zouma John Terry ©

Ivanovic Azpilicueta

Ramires Matic (Makes transitions)

Security wall

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabregas

With freedom Fabregas is unstoppable

Diego Costa Hazard

Falling to the sides and creating spaces for Fabregas assists

Our team in ofensive situations.

Courtois

Cahill John Terry ©

Ivanovic Azpilicueta

Zouma Matic

Security wall again

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabregas

Ramires Hazard

Ramires plays on one side when standing as midfielder Fabregas.

It would not be an unfamiliar position for him.

Diego Costa

First change if the match becomes dangerous or we want to kill the tie.

Courtois

Cahill John Terry ©

Ivanovic Azpilicueta

Ramires / Zouma Matic

Willian Fabregas Hazard

Diego Costa

I know it is a very defensive approach. But watching the game the other day against Tottenham on Sunday, intentionally generate a match where PSG have the balloon but we have control of the pace of the game can be a way so that, with the passage of minutes, PSG go desperate and that could benefit us tremendously.

We're ahead, they are the ones who have to worry. Every minute that passes we will be closer to win the tie.

Regards.

Hope Costa can score here to reignite his form. Would be huge for his confidence if he can score in such a huge match and help send us through to the next round.

I know I might sound wierd but this game is just a bonus game for me. My focus is only at the league this season and I want to win it more than the CL. It's been 5 years since the last PL trophy.

If we win, great, if we loose, I can live with it as long as we win the league.

Report from The Mourinho Thread. Apologies in advance if I upset someone. Sorry.

I think Jose will return to bet on Zouma in midfield alongside Matic and Ramires. Perhaps it may seem an overly defensive approach, but placed Zouma and Ramires in midfield would give greater freedom of movement Matic, Fabregas, and Diego Costa Hazard which may be decisive in the important moments.

Regarding Willian, he is nonnegotiable for Jose, but this approach may despair PSG in the first half, and the second part we may disclose get Willian (who works and creates equally futbol) and with spaces, sentencing the tie.

We're ahead, but a goal against us would place us in a dangerous situation. So our main objetive has to be despair PSG, and when they hit tired and seeing the tie escapes them, we can kill off the tie on the counterattack.

Our defense in defensive situations.

Courtois

Cahill Zouma John Terry ©

Ivanovic Azpilicueta

Ramires Matic (Makes transitions)

Security wall

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabregas

With freedom Fabregas is unstoppable

Diego Costa Hazard

Falling to the sides and creating spaces for Fabregas assists

Our team in ofensive situations.

Courtois

Cahill John Terry ©

Ivanovic Azpilicueta

Zouma Matic

Security wall again

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabregas

Ramires Hazard

Ramires plays on one side when standing as midfielder Fabregas.

It would not be an unfamiliar position for him.

Diego Costa

First change if the match becomes dangerous or we want to kill the tie.

Courtois

Cahill John Terry ©

Ivanovic Azpilicueta

Ramires / Zouma Matic

Willian Fabregas Hazard

Diego Costa

I know it is a very defensive approach. But watching the game the other day against Tottenham on Sunday, intentionally generate a match where PSG have the balloon but we have control of the pace of the game can be a way so that, with the passage of minutes, PSG go desperate and that could benefit us tremendously.

We're ahead, they are the ones who have to worry. Every minute that passes we will be closer to win the tie.

Regards.

I'm starting to think that Jose Mourinho joined this forum. :worship:

Unfortunately good fortune has pushed Blanc to do the obvious (wish could go back in time and whack Scolari with the same magic wand): luiz made their midfield a lot better which in turn made them a lot more robust. He's just a better player than motta.

I watched their game against Monaco - the one they tied - and the dominance was incredible. Psg were able to keep possession well and win every second ball.