Chelsea 2-2 PSG

Jase

Man of the Match  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

I wonder if we would've won the league last year if we were knocked out in the round-of-16 of the Champions League, instead of the semifinals. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise to make sure we buckle down and cross the finish line in 1st.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were mods online, though. Think that caused Chelsea Legend 11's confusion.

Fair point, but it says we're online when we've been active within 60 minutes! Ergo we can be "online" but in reality we could have signed out any time in the previous hour.

Just saying, we can't be everywhere at once :D

But the twat has been banned twice now. A shame PSG fans can't be more magnanimous/mature about things!

For the record, just because we are online on TC, doesn't mean we are actually on TC.

Fair point, but it says we're online when we've been active within 60 minutes! Ergo we can be "online" but in reality we could have signed out any time in the previous hour.

Just saying, we can't be everywhere at once :D

But the twat has been banned twice now. A shame PSG fans can't be more magnanimous/mature about things!

Totally understand that. Just thought I'd give you our peasants' perspective :P

hey fellas don't get your panties all up in bunches I was obviously joking. I found it all pretty humorous actually... I don't know how any of this "moderation" stuff works, nor do I know the inner workings of this particular site.

But this does raise an interesting point though, perhaps there is need for a mod who lives on this side of the globe? I mean does it really matter if one more member who is up when you guys are sleeping like babies has the power to stop trolls from seriously making a bad day at the office detestable?

I don't really take the jargon online that seriously since I will definitely give it as good as I get it but maybe its something to consider?

Probably a mistake in my registration - am french based in ... Indonesia :) and long term Paris supporter. Totally agree we are still far from Real / Barca / Bayern and from POV they are stronger than us - but not Chelsea.

Agree that you had / have good teams in the past but at this moment now I really think objectively that we have a better team. Look how the ball was going from feet to feet - you need solid technicals skills to achieve that. Drogba / Remy (far from being in my heart as former Marseille players) being your options once Diego Costa (who is definitely not Aguero / Suarez or Rooney -)) that is not great...

Congratulations to you.

Your team could and should really finish us in the first leg. Even though we were 2 times like 6 minutes from qualification I wouldn't be overly happy. Chelsea for me is not ready for Europe. We would need a 2012 luck to reach the final. Our manager is clearly pissed off of some players who lacks character when big moment arrives - I expect important changes in the summer. If Jose will get more of his players, we will be better prepared for that challange. BE READY. To be honest we didn't play any of the big match the best way. We always let opposition to have final big chances at the end of the game. We can't kill game nor hold on lead without letting opposition getting their chances. In matches like PSG this season we scored usually from a set piece or some isolated situation, taken out of context of the match. We have pretty big way to go to play the manner we want. We lack intesity, proper pressing and playing accurately at a high speed when we counter-attack. We are ruining so many half-chances with back ward passes to kill a good counter-attack. But I hope we will get there.

To be fair my combining PSG - Chelsea XI would look like this :

Courtouis

Azpilicueta - Thiago Silva - John Terry/David Luiz - Filipe Luis

Matic - Matuidi

Veratti

Lucas Moura - Eden Hazard

Cavani

We're really even I think.

Good luck for you in the quarter-final even though much will depend on the draw. I predict that neither Chelsea nor PSG stand much of a chance against full flow Barcelona, Bayern or Real Madrid.

Oh, and congratulations for bringing Rabiot on at 81 minute when you needed a goal. We have often discussion here about youth and how to bringing them to the first team. We have one of the best Academy in Europe but not a single player got to the first team after JT 17 years ago. I can tell you that a chance that Mourinho would bring a youth player from Academy to help him score a goal in that moment is very very slim.

Probably a mistake in my registration - am french based in ... Indonesia :) and long term Paris supporter. Totally agree we are still far from Real / Barca / Bayern and from POV they are stronger than us - but not Chelsea.

Agree that you had / have good teams in the past but at this moment now I really think objectively that we have a better team. Look how the ball was going from feet to feet - you need solid technicals skills to achieve that. Drogba / Remy (far from being in my heart as former Marseille players) being your options once Diego Costa (who is definitely not Aguero / Suarez or Rooney -)) that is not great...

We have a legal team built properly. You have a team that was illegally assembled and was sanctioned by FFP. Your team lost the title to Montpellier and are now losing to Lyon even with all the stars you bought illegally.

We have a good base of young players who didn't play their best on the night(perhaps due to fatigue? we play 4 games in 10 days when you guys are on holiday) In no way do I think you guys have a better team, you were better on the night but that's about it.

Good luck to you in the next round.

We have a legal team built properly. You have a team that was illegally assembled and was sanctioned by FFP. Your team lost the title to Montpellier and are now losing to Lyon even with all the stars you bought illegally.

We have a good base of young players who didn't play their best on the night(perhaps due to fatigue? we play 4 games in 10 days when you guys are on holiday) In no way do I think you guys have a better team, you were better on the night but that's about it.

Good luck to you in the next round.

Team built illegally ? The club was sanctioned and paid for it. If FFP would have been active a few years ago - Chelsea would have been in the same situation rite ? and might have not been able to win all these titles. Not sure Chelsea is in the best position to give lessons...

But without FFP it took ard 10 years to win the Champion's league with Bernard LD so all that shows that football has and will keep an irational bit and that's why we love it.

On the rest, am not gonna battle but I am still convinced that player by player Chelsea is a really good team not a top team. Not saying that PSG is but objectively thinking that Paris has more talent and potential. I think Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Drogba, are not at their best times of their lives and aside Hazard / Courtois (top players) all the others ones are really good but not top or not there yet: Azpi (used to play a lot in France), Ramires, Matic, Cesc, Luis...

Silva recently said in the press that PSG is the best team he ever played for. And he played in good teams...

Overall what I am saying is that I think the english football underestimated our team and seem to think that Chelsea is the one who lost the game. No, Paris won it because better and should have won it in a more easy manner.

On the rest and to adress prior comment - I don't think neither that we have a great coach. Laurent Blanc only answered to what Mourinho was doing. Getting Rabiot into the pitch is to avoid Verratti to take another yellow...and we had no more offensive player. We do have young players but nonne of them acceed the first team aside Rabiot. Marquinhos, Verratti, Matuidi...are expensive acquisition and our local players are not really pushed.

Anyway that's my advise and am open to debate - thats only football :)

Team built illegally ? The club was sanctioned and paid for it. If FFP would have been active a few years ago - Chelsea would have been in the same situation rite ? and might have not been able to win all these titles. Not sure Chelsea is in the best position to give lessons...

But without FFP it took ard 10 years to win the Champion's league with Bernard LD so all that shows that football has and will keep an irational bit and that's why we love it.

On the rest, am not gonna battle but I am still convinced that player by player Chelsea is a really good team not a top team. Not saying that PSG is but objectively thinking that Paris has more talent and potential. I think Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Drogba, are not at their best times of their lives and aside Hazard / Courtois (top players) all the others ones are really good but not top or not there yet: Azpi (used to play a lot in France), Ramires, Matic, Cesc, Luis...

Silva recently said in the press that PSG is the best team he ever played for. And he played in good teams...

Overall what I am saying is that I think the english football underestimated our team and seem to think that Chelsea is the one who lost the game. No, Paris won it because better and should have won it in a more easy manner.

On the rest and to adress prior comment - I don't think neither that we have a great coach. Laurent Blanc only answered to what Mourinho was doing. Getting Rabiot into the pitch is to avoid Verratti to take another yellow...and we had no more offensive player. We do have young players but nonne of them acceed the first team aside Rabiot. Marquinhos, Verratti, Matuidi...are expensive acquisition and our local players are not really pushed.

Anyway that's my advise and am open to debate - thats only football :)

Yes the team was built illegally! You broke the rules to get the team you have right now. This isn't about Chelsea, when the rules were implemented it gave everyone, including PSG 3yrs to get their house in order and you failed and were sanctioned. What we did and are STILL doing is perfectly in the rules of the game... What you guys attempted to do and failed at is breaking them.

Who are Paris' top players? Zlatan is marching towards the glue factory and Cavani, while being paid a kings ransom isn't really a talismanic figure for PSG is he? Thiago Silva is a stud! David Luis is our reject... Verratti has a long way to go before he can be considered a top player and Pastore rightfully struggles to get into your squad. Moura I like but there is little evidence he is a world class player. So who am I missing in all of this? Motta? Matuidi?

Diego Costa love him or hate him is one of the worlds best strikers, he proved it in La Liga and is proving it in the EPL. Hazard and Courtois are without question world class or thereabouts and Fabregas is definitely one of the best midfielders in the world. You would also be hard pressed to find a better defensive midfielder in world football than Matic. Who on your squad even comes close to Matic and Fabregas?

What is Silva gonna say? This is the 3rd best team I've played for? hahaha! Take what a player says with a grain of salt.

You say we underestimated PSG, you could be right, but in saying that aren't you alluding to the fact we have the superior team? PSG played their asses off, no one will say they didn't. They went out and actually won the tie without actually winning to be honest. My hats off to your squad for getting a result like that against the odds for sure. We clearly didn't play to our potential and tactically didn't get it right, but I fail to see where you can now draw conclusions that you are the better squad.

These are endless arguments.

Somebody said to Alf Ramsey once after England had played Scotland "did you watch Charlie Cook, that Chelsea player nearly won them the match", to which Ramsey replied "no, he lost the match for them" - because England had won 1-0.

It can be argued that the placid Mourinho system worked, and we went ahead by 1-0. Major fly in the ointment was the Cavani open goal chance we allowed before that.

But they equalized.

Same story -action replay- in extra time. 2-1, almost 3-1 then 2-2 !

Given the 1-0 and the 2-1 it's not as if we were left with so much time to increase the score.

Of course I 'm against this system because it was bad in other occasions too, namely Everton and Burnley.

But can you tell for certain that if we had gone 1-0 up after say 39 minutes rather than 81, we were going to do better in the end ?

All in all I fail to understand the lamentations when last year we had a 3-3 aggregate result again against the same team and when in fact they rank well in Europe, at this level (we can't take it away from them).

agree with your point there, but the only thing i can say is that last year we had a team with lesser quality than this year. and we were playing vs 10 men for most of the game,

I don't think Psg are better, the two teams are in the same level maybe Chelsea have something extra, but it is clear that PSG had more heart, and play a better football for me.

Mourinho has many responsibilities of this defeat.

Hey guys!

Just so happy for defeating you yesterday. PSG totally deserved to go through!

Mourinho didn't respect the club and he got punished. He also got punished by David Luiz who played two incredible games. He definitely worth 50M don't you think?

Your coach was probably the best a few years ago but he changed. To win, you have to play football and yesterday, his team didn't play. Almost no opportunities though you were one more on the pitch, it's unbelievable and unforgivable.

Besides, how can Costa end the game on the field? This player is the "bitchest" one I've ever seen. Matic also should have been sent off or at least booked! You should have got a penalty in the first half but apart from this mistake, you were clearly advantaged by the ref' and yet, you lost. I'm afraid your team and your coach are over rated... Hazard is brilliant against Blackburn but never decisive in big games!

Paris est M.A.G.I.Q.U.E ;)

A PSG Fan!

nop

Hey guys!

Just so happy for defeating you yesterday. PSG totally deserved to go through!

Mourinho didn't respect the club and he got punished. He also got punished by David Luiz who played two incredible games. He definitely worth 50M don't you think?

Your coach was probably the best a few years ago but he changed. To win, you have to play football and yesterday, his team didn't play. Almost no opportunities though you were one more on the pitch, it's unbelievable and unforgivable.

Besides, how can Costa end the game on the field? This player is the "bitchest" one I've ever seen. Matic also should have been sent off or at least booked! You should have got a penalty in the first half but apart from this mistake, you were clearly advantaged by the ref' and yet, you lost. I'm afraid your team and your coach are over rated... Hazard is brilliant against Blackburn but never decisive in big games!

Paris est M.A.G.I.Q.U.E ;)

A PSG Fan!

as a Psg Fan i don't agree, Chelsea is clearly top 5 teams in the world, sure a more solid team than Real and Barca. Hazard is a fantastic player, and was a constant danger, but I think Mourinho, very limited him.