Alien 5

BlueLion.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will it tie together with Prometheus and Prometheus 2?

Loosely, but Prometheus and Paradise are two separate stories set in the Alien world... they're not really much more than tie-ins (they're an exploration of the Engineer race rather than the Alien race, but I hope Paradise will show us the origins of the original Alien). It is really going to be the final chapter in the Ripley saga, getting rid of the monstrosity of an ending from Resurrection.

Loosely, but Prometheus and Paradise are two separate stories set in the Alien world... they're not really much more than tie-ins (they're an exploration of the Engineer race rather than the Alien race, but I hope Paradise will show us the origins of the original Alien). It is really going to be the final chapter in the Ripley saga, getting rid of the monstrosity of an ending from Resurrection.

I found Prometheus to be incredibly underrated. I suppose the religious critics had a definite go at Scott instead of appreciating the fact that it is just a fictional film.

Think I remember someone made a claim that the engineers were ancestors of the predator :rolleyes:

I found Prometheus to be incredibly underrated. I suppose the religious critics had a definite go at Scott instead of appreciating the fact that it is just a fictional film.

Think I remember someone made a claim that the engineers were ancestors of the predator :rolleyes:

I loved Prometheus.

I wish it had have been a genuine horror film though. e.g. they wake up the Last Engineer who hunts down the entire crew of Prometheus, one at a time, just like in Alien. Shaw eventually kills it before realising the Engineers were intending to wipe out their own creation with a host of Aliens... Shaw then travels to Paradise (in the second film) to find out whether the Engineers are our creators, and why they wanted to wipe us out. Also see how they created us, and the Aliens. Would have been amazing.

But we got something totally different, and I still like it. I like the religious theme.

i thought there were only 3

the first 2 were really good

Alien - 8/10

Aliens - 9.5/10 (one of the greatest sci-fi films ever)

Alien3 - 6.5/10

Alien: Resurrection - 2/10

Plus two Alien vs Predator films (the first one is okay (6/10); the second is absolute garbage (2/10); and also Prometheus (8/10).

I heard about this, I also heard that Blomkamp will be directing it. I'd prefer it if he finally gets working on the sequel to District 9!

Personally I think they should just leave the franchise be, I loved the first two (particularly the first) but hated the other two. I didn't really mind Prometheus (maybe because I deliberately held off seeing it until months after its release when the hype had died down and I didn't have much expectation). There were quite a few things I didn't like about it, but it certainly had its moments. Plus it was visually fantastic, Ridley Scott always makes his worlds very believable. Overall the criticism it got was definitely ott, though I can understand why people would be pissed.

On a not too dissimilar note it was confirmed earlier today that they're going to be making a Blade Runner sequel :rant::no:

I heard about this, I also heard that Blomkamp will be directing it. I'd prefer it if he finally gets working on the sequel to District 9!

Personally I think they should just leave the franchise be, I loved the first two (particularly the first) but hated the other two. I didn't really mind Prometheus (maybe because I deliberately held off seeing it until months after its release when the hype had died down and I didn't have much expectation). There were quite a few things I didn't like about it, but it certainly had its moments. Plus it was visually fantastic, Ridley Scott always makes his worlds very believable. Overall the criticism it got criticism was definitely ott, though I can understand why people would be pissed.

On a not too dissimilar note it was confirmed earlier today that they're going to be making a Blade Runner sequel :rant::no:

BR2 has been in the pipeline for a loooong time. Never really liked the first one tbh...

I just want this to be the last film in the franchise - give Ripley a proper ending.

Confirmed:

Prometheus 2: Paradise will NOT include the Xenomorphes as Scott has decided to focus the sequel on the origins of the engineers.

Hopefully it actually provides some sort of detail or back story on the creation of the human race as well as why they created the Xenomorphes.

Was it due to being a mistake that the human race was created hence the engineers establishing the xenomorphes in order to wipe out our species?

internet-memes-dumbass-engineer-from-pro

Confirmed:

Prometheus 2: Paradise will NOT include the Xenomorphes as Scott has decided to focus the sequel on the origins of the engineers.

Hopefully it actually provides some sort of detail or back story on the creation of the human race as well as why they created the Xenomorphes.

Was it due to being a mistake that the human race was created hence the engineers establishing the xenomorphes in order to wipe out our species?

internet-memes-dumbass-engineer-from-pro

Good. Let Alien 5 deal with Xenos. Paradise doesn't need to feature the Xenos, just explain where the fuck they came from - but the theory you suggested, that they almost represent some kind of biblical plague to wipe out humanity - seems a likely and plausible explanation.

• 2 weeks later...

BR2 has been in the pipeline for a loooong time. Never really liked the first one tbh...

I just want this to be the last film in the franchise - give Ripley a proper ending.

Missed this somehow, sorry for the late reply.

Yh I'm aware that it's been in the pipeline for a long time, I should have been more specific, the news was that a director has finally been attached (Villeneuve) and also that Harrison Ford will be playing some part in the film. And you don't like Blade Runner? It certainly seems to be a film which you either hate or love.

Idk as I said I'd rather they just leave it be, in my mind there's only two Alien films, I actually find it surprisingly easy to forget the other two. And I don't really consider Prometheus to be part of it, despite it's connections to the Alien universe.

Didn't like the 2nd one (Aliens) at all. Found it very cheesy & the thing I liked about the first one was that they kept you in suspense by not showing the Alien too many times. In the 2nd one there were dozens of them, getting killed by like a car running over them when they're meant to be some sort of unstoppable monster.

The acting in Prometheus could have been way better through. Like that cliche biologist nerd just works on my nerves.

*xenomorph tube thingy pops up*

"Hey, I think it'll be a good idea to shove my face into that thing, always got me in funny situations when I did it to wild predators in the jungle..."

... and dead he was.

Didn't like the 2nd one (Aliens) at all. Found it very cheesy & the thing I liked about the first one was that they kept you in suspense by not showing the Alien too many times. In the 2nd one there were dozens of them, getting killed by like a car running over them when they're meant to be some sort of unstoppable monster.

Really? It was the natural succession to Alien. And remember in the first one they had weapons of no kind whatsoever. But that was the horror of Aliens. Despite all the machine guns, the shotguns, the sentry guns, the explosives, the little fuckers were ingenious. Breaking into the command centre by cutting off the power and using the air ducts to ambush Ripley, Hicks and company. And then the entire hive sequence where Ripley psyches herself up and enters the nest to face off with the Queen. What unbelievable acting that is by Sigourney Weaver. I think that's my favourite film scene of all time. And then of course the tension of the finale and the Power Loader vs the Queen in the airlock. Wow. Tense as hell. Aliens was a different kind of horror and tension. The scene with the Facehugger in the surgery with Newt and Ripley is as scary as anything in the first movie. Each to their own I guess, but I found the first one boring at times. And the reason they barely showed the Alien was because it was so blatantly a tall guy in a shitload of spandex :lol:

Missed this somehow, sorry for the late reply.

Yh I'm aware that it's been in the pipeline for a long time, I should have been more specific, the news was that a director has finally been attached (Villeneuve) and also that Harrison Ford will be playing some part in the film. And you don't like Blade Runner? It certainly seems to be a film which you either hate or love.

Idk as I said I'd rather they just leave it be, in my mind there's only two Alien films, I actually find it surprisingly easy to forget the other two. And I don't really consider Prometheus to be part of it, despite it's connections to the Alien universe.

Agreed. It's a love or hate film, is Blade Runner.

I don't mind Alien 3. It just seems so boring compared to Aliens.

Prometheus isn't related at all. It should have been named a separate series called "Engineers". Its about a different race set in the same universe. I think Prometheus and Paradise will nicely complement the story, however.

The acting in Prometheus could have been way better through. Like that cliche biologist nerd just works on my nerves.

*xenomorph tube thingy pops up*

"Hey, I think it'll be a good idea to shove my face into that thing, always got me in funny situations when I did it to wild predators in the jungle..."

... and dead he was.

Haha I agree. Whilst Fassbender, Rapace, Theron and Harris were great in their roles, the character of Holloway was a douchebag, and Idris Elba was wasted. He did next to nothing all film