What happened to our early season form

edetarod

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry but we just won a cup final and are still top of the table with a chance to go 8 points clear but people are concerned about where are 'early season form' went ??? Tell me a team who plays at the same high level for 38 games...... or for that matter a player... but I'd say we aren't as clinical and at times don't score enough, its not necessarily the teams performance but some players who scored goals in past seasons aren't doing so much now (Ramires, Oscar, Willian etc)

The very few posters posting 'Fabregas isn't creating the same chances or is taking easy passes' in the other pages are getting on my nerves, he can't do it all himself (especially when hes being man marked in a lot of games or having a lack of runs to find from certain players like Oscar, Willian in particular and even Ramires when hes played) he already has like 15+ assists this season, that's more than enough for a central midfield player who I think also has covered close to the most amount of distance in this team and won tackles, interceptions (which people didn't think he could do in a Mourinho team) and scored a few goals.

Hazard is doing what Hazard does but again for a player of his ability, who scored 17 last season may I add, he probably still needs to be scoring more goals but hes hardly as blamable as Oscar, Willian and even Cuadrado (who in minimal game time has yet to do anything meaningful, may sound harsh but look at Schurrle and Salah's impact already in 3, 4 or 5 games for Wolfsburg and Fiorentina), haven't scored a lot or assisted a lot all season.

Costa hasn't looked 100% fit in recent weeks understandable after 3 weeks because of that ban but he is essential to this team like he was at Atletico and will get his match rhythm back after he scores a few goals in a few games.

I'm glad we have players like Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic and Zouma who are all a threat from set pieces because some of the goals we've scored from set plays have been crucial and helped us through various games but others like Oscar, Ramires, Willian, Cuadrado, Remy, Drogba, if they play need to score more often which is harsh on some but also true.

I am sorry but we just won a cup final and are still top of the table with a chance to go 8 points clear but people are concerned about where are 'early season form' went ??? Tell me a team who plays at the same high level for 38 games......

The team isn't undefeated nor has it scored 300 goals. Piece of shit club.