What happened to our early season form

edetarod

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't care about defending imo. We attacked far more than we are doing now. It was risky because courtois had to pull out more saves even against small teams but after playing manutd and drawing with Maribor we changed.

We're no longer averaging 3 goals a game and even city has caught up with us on goals scored.

The positive is we can concentrate on defense and probably do better in champions League than I thought, but fabregas is no longer having the freedom he used to, he's more tactical in his positioning like many of us wanted but it has cost us attacking wise.

To be frank it seems like our players are getting overwhelmed by Jose's micro tactical control. I also feel we need a few more formations to interchange for differing games. Our team is lacking natural width and our tempo + movement has been very poor lately. Also Jose is to stubborn by continuing to start with players that are on bad form. A team of our quality and depth needs to be more positive looking to kill games with extra goals once we're leading instead of the the usual negative Jose philosophy.

Yes and this is because many of our attacking players have faced suspension and or injury. Willian, Oscar, Cesc, Costa, and Cuadrado is still adapting to the PL game.

I think we'll be seeing Cuadrado Willian Hazard a lot more now, though. Seems to be working quite well, we can give Oscar a holiday which works for players well. See Hazard. Costa is getting back to form and Willian is being eased in too. I think we can't try to rush Cesc back too quickly.

I don't think the players are doing anything wrong, just we have too high expectations of them.

We're gonna see a different formation for the next couple of weeks though, due to Matic's suspension.

Our early season form was faultless up until around November.

You mean:

That match against burnley were we went down one goal and got back into it by a lucky deflection from the post?

That match against Leicester at home were we were lucky not to go down one goal and only scored the first one in the 65th minute?

That match against swansea at home were we went down one goal and were being played of the park by swansea in the first half and couldn't get a touch on the ball?

That match against Man city were we forget to finish it off against ten men?

That match against a terrible Man United that were there for the taking and let another 1-0 slip?

That match against QPR were we needed a debatable penalty to win?

We got the results in most of those matches and thats why everybody was raving about us but alot of those matches were quit similar to the one against Burnley yesterday.

If i have to compare our form early in the season and the form of Man City when they were destroying teams last season i still think there is a huge difference and we should be able to do better

You mean:

That match against burnley were we went down one goal and got back into it by a lucky deflection from the post?

That match against Leicester at home were we were lucky not to go down one goal and only scored the first one in the 65th minute?

That match against swansea at home were we went down one goal and were being played of the park by swansea in the first half and couldn't get a touch on the ball?

That match against Man city were we forget to finish it off against ten men?

That match against a terrible Man United that were there for the taking and let another 1-0 slip?

That match against QPR were we needed a debatable penalty to win?

We got the results in most of those matches and thats why everybody was raving about us but alot of those matches were quit similar to the one against Burnley yesterday.

If i have to compare our form early in the season and the form of Man City when they were destroying teams last season i still think there is a huge difference and we should be able to do better

At the beginning of the season we broke the record for number of points and goals after 12 games. You clutching onto straws saying we didn't play well sounds silly.

At the beginning of the season we broke the record for number of points and goals after 12 games. You clutching onto straws saying we didn't play well sounds silly.

I knew this would happen, please READ my post and point me out where i said we didn't play well. I'm just trying to point out that our early season form wasn't all champagne football as alot of people seem to suggest and our performance against Burnley was very similar to QPR/Leicester/Burnley in the beginning of the season where we suffered the same way with alot of slow tempo football, finding it hard to create many chances.

I repeat, I did NOT say we weren't playing well!!!!

We are suffering from lack of rotation and keeping all players in form

I think Jose is losing it also - the guy is driving everyone nuts with his defensive displays - this team is not the same as the team Raneiri built and doesnt have the mental strength.

Teams have worked out how to play against us - we are too narrow and easily pressed - exactly how teams used to beat Arsenal

Counter attacking football is not working as our defence is so shit.

We should have been able to keep Burnley from scoring.

Overal pretty wank performances this year (2015). I'm sad to say, I can't see us beating the Spuds at Wembley - unless we do something completely different in training.

Costa needs to find form and more crosses and through balls will help

Midfield is now fucked without Matic - a decent rotation policy would have helped.

We just look clueless on the pitch and that's worrying

We are suffering from lack of rotation and keeping all players in form

I think Jose is losing it also - the guy is driving everyone nuts with his defensive displays - this team is not the same as the team Raneiri built and doesnt have the mental strength.

Teams have worked out how to play against us - we are too narrow and easily pressed - exactly how teams used to beat Arsenal

Counter attacking football is not working as our defence is so shit.

We should have been able to keep Burnley from scoring.

Overal pretty wank performances this year (2015). I'm sad to say, I can't see us beating the Spuds at Wembley - unless we do something completely different in training.

Costa needs to find form and more crosses and through balls will help

Midfield is now fucked without Matic - a decent rotation policy would have helped.

We just look clueless on the pitch and that's worrying

It's a young, out of form team. I think we have a chance, but I think we need to modify our formation for sure to cover for Matic, unless the FA unban him (haha).

We've had a lot of minor injuries. I think we can do it but I think we need more motivation. If the whole team had the determination of Iva we would have wrapped the league up by now.

We do need some of the beginning of season magic though, and Oscar and cesc both need a holiday so they're fresh again. It worked a treat for Hazard.

Got to ask because of some posts i see, there are people here who actually think we wont win the league?

To be honest, the PL race is far from over as you are suggesting.

If I bet my money at this moment, I would say City will win it again.