Chelsea v Spurs

Jase

Don't think we'll see Ake in this one, even if Mikel is still injured. He will play this:

Courtois

Iva Zouma JT Luis

Ramires Azpi

Willian Cesc Hazard

Costa

Not Azpi. Zouma has a good build for a DM, I'd imagine this would be the last resort before digging into our loan players

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

start Drogba for this one. Mr. Wembley will make us forget about the absence of Matic.

This is actually kind of funny bro

I am wondering if Luis can play a Matic type role in the pivot. Pretty good defensively, good going forward, similar built, and Borge left footed. Not sure if Jose will take that chance

Jose tried this against Atletico with Dave in CDM basically...result-3-1 to them at the Bridge.

FYI, Spurs have a tough away game at fiorentina two days prior which is a huge advantage for us cause it will take alot of energy out of them and won't be able to pressure us like they did in their 5-3 win over us earlier this year. Their pressuring is one of their biggest strenghts imo and one of our biggest weaknesses, we never do well against it because we simply start to play the ball backwards and eventually hoof it up to Costa who ain't great in dealing with it

Jose tried this against Atletico with Dave in CDM basically...result-3-1 to them at the Bridge.

He played on the right wing (man marking Luis) and assisted Torres' goal. It wasn't his fault we lost and the experiment could have turned out brilliantly to be fair.

Ake isn't as inexperienced as the others. He's had a handful of games for three seasons now in the premier league, both domestics cups and european competition too. Even had a fantastic assist for hazard this season in CL against sporting I think.

Personally I think without matic AKe is the DM that is everything Mikel isn't. He can press, is a strong tackler and looks to play balls into the channel, which he is quite good at.

Questions I have about him is how good is his positional sense and will the occasion be too much?