PFA Player of the Year 2015 & Performance of the Season?

Mustafa

Nope, to be superb he needed to be decisive, which he wasn't. Not to say he was bad, but I expected more from him back then because he was capable of more. Thankfully he's improved a lot in that respect, as the City and Spurs games show.

Decisive as in Goals/Assists? I think it's up to people's perspective. For me he was decisive enough. Created chances, won fouls, corners(drogba goal). I can't think of any other better player on that pitch.

Goals/Assists is the reason Eden doesn't have much of a shot at winning this prize in the first place, or the Ballon d'or for that matter. but If you're talking about the level of the performance in those games, then you know Eden is the standout player. Based on consistency, I think he edges out everyone in the league.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight - one the one hand you say anyone could've "stepped up" and gotten the numbers Sanchez has and on the other you say it's easier for him as he's in a team where nobody else is capable of getting those numbers? Flawless logic.

no i am saying other players would have stepped up and won those games for Arsenal against the samller teams like they usually do, not someone else getting those numbers.

Every game is important to win the league, if beating the big ones was all that mattered we would have won the league last season. Regardless of that, from the top of my head I remember he has at least one good game against the bigs in Manchester City, I think he even scored that game. He's also on fire in the champions league and his stats in this season are not too far from Hazard's (same amount of key passes per game, a very respectable number of successful dribbles per game - probably one of the best in Europe after the likes of Hazard, Robben and Messi, almost as fouled every game as Hazard), while at the same time having a better work rate, he averages 2 tackles and 1 interception per game in the PL, he runs all day long and never tires, he's like a mix between Willian and Hazard plus the killer instinct that both seem to lack, very underrated player tbh. Hazard has better passing, dribble and ball control over him, even then it's not by a landslide. It's impossible to consider Eden one of the best performers and not Alexis.

yes but the point is Arsenal do well against the smaller teams anyway, which is why its a myth that arsenal would be mid table if it wasnt for Sanchez

Decisive as in Goals/Assists? I think it's up to people's perspective. For me he was decisive enough. Created chances, won fouls, corners(drogba goal). I can't think of any other better player on that pitch.

Goals/Assists is the reason Eden doesn't have much of a shot at winning this prize in the first place, or the Ballon d'or for that matter. but If you're talking about the level of the performance in those games, then you know Eden is the standout player. Based on consistency, I think he edges out everyone in the league.

I think there's got to be a balance because at some stage for an attacker to be counted among the better players in the division or in the world, those dribbles and other aspects of approach play have to transcend into goals and assists. For a moment I wondered if I really was misremembering him vs United so I went back and watched his touches compilation and in my opinion it wasn't one of his best days.

For the record I don't think there's much between him and Sanchez at all, but the latter has been more decisive and has carried a much worse team to where they are.

no i am saying other players would have stepped up and won those games for Arsenal against the samller teams like they usually do, not someone else getting those numbers.

Winning them those games is how he's gotten those numbers, so pretty much the same thing. Besides, it is hypothetical whether or not someone would've stepped up but what is real and tangible is that he did ... which is why I said what I did about them not being near where they are without his impact.

Winning them those games is how he's gotten those numbers, so pretty much the same thing. Besides, it is hypothetical whether or not someone would've stepped up but what is real and tangible is that he did ... which is why I said what I did about them not being near where they are without his impact.

no its not really hypothetical as Arsenal historically do well against the smaller teams.

Player of the season:

- Harry Kane if Spurs get CL and he becomes PL top scorer

- Costa if he scores like 30 goals and we win the league

-Aguero if City retain the title

-Fabregas or Hazard if Costa doesn't win it and we win the league

-Sanchez if he ends the season with 20+ goals in the league and Arsenal finish like 3rd

No, saying someone ''would've stepped up anyway" when they're missing Giroud, Walcott, Ozil and Sanchez is nothing if not hypothetical.

someone would have clearly stepped up! im not saying the same player every game but different players would have stepped up, as they always have! Arsenal always have injuries but still do well against the smaller teams.

So if its too much for you to understand that Arsenal wouldnt be a mid table team without Sanchez as almost all his goals have come against the smaller teams who Arsenal always beat anyway, then i dont know what more to say.

someone would have clearly stepped up! im not saying the same player every game but different players would have stepped up, as they always have! Arsenal always have injuries but still do well against the smaller teams.

So if its too much for you to understand that Arsenal wouldnt be a mid table team without Sanchez as almost all his goals have come against the smaller teams who Arsenal always beat anyway, then i dont know what more to say.

Sure buddy, whatever you say :rolleyes:

You can live with your hypothetical scenarios, I'll stick to what actually happens on the pitch ... as will the ones voting for the awards.

LOL. and Sanchez is on course of being part of the first Arsenal team to not qualify for the Champions League! and he goes missing in big games!

I don't think he's impressed me in any of the big games this season either. I remember he got a lot of praise for his performance away to City due to his work-rate but I thought he was bloody awful. He kept giving the ball away and making the wrong decision in possession time and time again. I was obviously supporting Arsenal for that game and he was incredibly frustrating (similar to Ramires/Oscar).

Sure buddy, whatever you say :rolleyes:

You can live with your hypothetical scenarios, I'll stick to what actually happens on the pitch ... as will the ones voting for the awards.

yeah its all hypothetical that Sanchez goes missing in big games. great logic