Benedikt Howedes

RoyalBlues

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like him, he's a very good player. Not as much better than Cahill as some would have you believe though... I like him but if we're going to get a CB i'd rather get a truly world class one to replace JT and play with Zouma at the heart of our defence, with Cahill and Kalas/Christensen as 3rd and 4th choice.

Feasible world class CBs IMO:

Hummels or Varane

Others that could be world class in the near future:

Marquinhos, I Martinez or Laporte

So for me, Hummels or Varane. One of the other 3 if neither are gettable and we fancy a risk and JT has another year in him.

Not the worst option out there. There was never really any chance that we would have two 21-22 year olds as CB-partners in the near future (although I would like to think that Varane would be the exception to that) and I would never want to see Cahill as a permanent option, so it makes perfect sense to go for a established defender in his prime. Höwedes fits that description perfectly. I would like to think that Höwedes would complement Zouma quite well too.

Such a shame there are no real quality defenders available out there anymore.

And Im not talking about quality, but you know Thuram, Cannavaro, Carvalho etc type of quality.

Seems that standards dropped massively, even known to be top defenders like Kompany, hummels, silva etc have more brain farts these times than bosingwa few years ago lol.

• 2 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You