The Paris metro incident

cosmicway

Their angle is that he is a toff Chelsea fan because he went to public school apparently.

The thing I don't get is that even if all of those on the carriage are identified (and if they're regulars, you'd expect they will be), it'll surely be impossible to work out who did the pushing and who did the singing, but the club will ban them all

Think you can definitely rule in the fat 40+ that's on the right

I do feel sorry for the guy he's probably bricking it

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2959280/Former-public-schoolboy-season-ticket-holder-one-fans-train-racist-football-thugs-claims-friend-Twitter.html

This is hugely out of order. There is absolutely no evidence this guy pushed the poor man or sang the song. This could lose him his job and potentially put his life in danger. He could've just got caught up on the train with them, when on European aways and travelling to the ground people usually go in groups from the pub to stay in numbers. There is no indication or evidence it is him.

I stopped at the title. What in the world does "public school" has to do with anything?!

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/19/chelsea-fans-most-racist-in-the-premier-league-according-to-home-office-statistics-5069068/

And here comes the press witch hunt.

As others have said though, a racist doesn't usually say he is one.

Has anybody explored that there was no space on the train and the fans were on a wind up? Genuine question, but I'm just saying: Things are usually not as obvious as they seem.

There exist many similar types.

We laugh at them but unhappily it gets serious sometimes, and we have international tensions just because of some bundles of drunkards.

In the 80s the Salonika "fans" of Aris basket ball team bought a Hitler Uniform, the same as you see in madame Tusseaud's in London. The idiot who was wearing it was always standing in the front row in the Alexandreion and the cameras could not miss him.
Evnetually they stopped doing it, but in those days I found somewhere a neo-nazi political magazine, the Golden Dawn, and in it they had a feature article, saying how "noble", "pure" and "patriotic" those fools with the uniform were !
My dad saw it and tore it to shreds and he also spoke angrily to a friend of mine because he thought we actually liked this thing.
I found another issue and sold it for 50 euros at ebay, but the one I 'm talking about was a gem and could fetch 200.
The one I sold was relatively innocent and talked only about how great the German U-boats were in the North sea.

"Public Schoolboy"

What does this mean? In Australia Public schools are free and Private schools are expensive. The article says he went to an elite school with high fees. So why Public school boy headline?

What does this mean? In Australia Public schools are free and Private schools are expensive. The article says he went to an elite school with high fees. So why Public school boy headline?

It's very confusing. Here we have Private schools and State schools, private being the one not run by the government and that you pay fees for.

But Public school is an old style word for Private school too. Very confusing I know.

Key thing is they're attacking a guy at random with no evidence that he was even involved and also trying to suggest that his being a public schoolboy has something to do with it.

Like I said before, pricks.

Collymore, the wife beater, and Liverpool fans spouting off in the Sun now. Er, hang on a minute, isnt the Sun the paper no Liverpool fan ever buys ?

Incredible even Cameron, who sanctions the mass bombing of brown people round the World, taking the moral high ground over this Paris thing. The Sun, the Daily Mail, Liverpool fans, Stan Collymore. Also if I was waiting for a tube and the doors opened and that lot was inside I would wait for the next train, which I have done against West Ham, Arsenal, Schalke....

Hope we won't all be seen as those 'people'. But I fear I will be called a 'typical chelsea racist' some time soon.

I agree with that. It's bad enough that the Lolerpool supporters call us 'rent boys' ... for whatever reason!

I agree with that. It's bad enough that the Lolerpool supporters call us 'rent boys' ... for whatever reason!

Funny you should quote me on this because today I had a troubling experience at work. Someone who works in the same building, a Man Utd fan, came over to me while on my break saying 'oi heard your racist fans whats that all about?'' I said it was disgusting and didn't condone it, but didn't want to be put in the same category just cause I support Chelsea. He then went on to say that Chelsea is a racist club, with a racist captain who wouldn't have been bought by any other premier league team. I laughed my ass off. He wasn't happy and went on, ' you have no history, you bought all your history'. Again I laugh it off, then he 'jokingly said I was a racist because I supported Chelsea. I got a bit agitated, but calmy explained to him that calling me a racist because I support a team is generalising, just like racists do with their sweeping generalisations about other cultures. He left. Idiot.

I do not understand how supporting a club can make you become one of their worst kind of fan. I know from being on here, and talking to chelsea fans at various locations that we aren't all the same. I'm sure Man Utd has their fair share of racists...but I didn't have time to tell him that before he went off. Clearly gonna go tweet rio about what I said :D

That Parsons kid is going to learn a hard lesson no amount of daddies money could teach him in Somerset.

Let this be a lesson to ALL young folks. Even if clean, if you lay with dogs, don't be surprised if others think you have fleas. The best way to avoid terrible situations, especially in an age where everybody has a camera, is to be vigilant with where you place yourself in. If things are going south, don't you ever for one second feel bad about divorcing yourself from the situation. You can save yourself a world of pain in that case.

Funny you should quote me on this because today I had a troubling experience at work. Someone who works in the same building, a Man Utd fan, came over to me while on my break saying 'oi heard your racist fans whats that all about?'' I said it was disgusting and didn't condone it, but didn't want to be put in the same category just cause I support Chelsea. He then went on to say that Chelsea is a racist club, with a racist captain who wouldn't have been bought by any other premier league team. I laughed my ass off. He wasn't happy and went on, ' you have no history, you bought all your history'. Again I laugh it off, then he 'jokingly said I was a racist because I supported Chelsea. I got a bit agitated, but calmy explained to him that calling me a racist because I support a team is generalising, just like racists do with their sweeping generalisations about other cultures. He left. Idiot.

I do not understand how supporting a club can make you become one of their worst kind of fan. I know from being on here, and talking to chelsea fans at various locations that we aren't all the same. I'm sure Man Utd has their fair share of racists...but I didn't have time to tell him that before he went off. Clearly gonna go tweet rio about what I said :D

United fan? Easy, tell him that by his own logic, he was a racist because JT, our "racist" captain, is in fact originally a united fan/comes from a united supporting family, and hence all united fans are racists :D

I'm more disturbed at how Daily Mail's headline is offending more people than actual incident.. :rolleyes:

Well, that is because, naturally, you would expect a journalist to have more responsibility about what he writes and says than a bunch of drunk kids.

Honestly, I don't understand the notion that all Chelsea fans should feel the need to apologize for a few morons have done. Very obviously no one condemns their actions and we all agree that racism has no place in football or society. And clearly those people do not represent Chelsea fans.

I found the video as disgusting as I would have if they were Arsenal or Palace fans. This has nothing to do with football loyalty but about those individuals alone. They should be tracked down and punished for their crimes. Simple as.

The attempts by football fans to try ti use something as grave as racism to 'score points' against Chelsea and it's fans for petty football rivalries is despicable and disrespectful the people who suffer from racism, as is the media's taking advantage of the incident to sell papers with exaggerated outrageous headlines.