The Paris metro incident

cosmicway

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/18/racist-chelsea-fans-push-black-man-paris-metro

That was quite clearly a piece of right wing activism, organised by some political group.

The same 10 men could dress as Liverpool fans, Spurs fans, anything and do it again.

The use of a brand name such as Chelsea FC and the coincidence of the action with the football match makes it possible for them to gain publicity.

It has nothing to do with the club but if identified could be sued.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I mentioned in the PSG thread, at Genk away a few seasons back, after the Anton Ferdinand incident there was plenty of racist chanting.

Go to the pub with Chelsea fans before a Chelsea Tottenham game. I'm sure you'll hear "Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz, Sieg Heil, Hitlers going to gas them again, Chelsea, you just can't stop them the Yids from Tottenham, the Yids from White Hart Lane"

Chelsea has a minority of racist fans, there's absolutely no denying it.

These men were over there supporting the club. In doing so they are also representing our club and portraying an image of our fans to the French public. You cannot deny they are Chelsea fans attending the game. The club need to act.

I know there are some, but it was a political happening organized by others.

Same with Greece v. Romania, the play off for Brazil last year. We got punished and played against Northern Ireland in empty stadium in October. Against Romania the neonazis sent some of their supporters to make extended arm salutes.
Back in 1986, in Mexico, the England players against Paraguay-Argentina when chasing balls for a throw in, they were smacked in the face by those nazi flags (horrible sight and those players expressed their disgust afterwards).
The only club from where they were chased away and they never dare show up is AEK of Athens because it's a club of refugees from old Constantinople.

Good to see the club quickly making a statement on the incident:

Chelsea Football Club has released the following statement regarding the reported incident on public transport in Paris yesterday (Tuesday):

'Such behaviour is abhorrent and has no place in football or society. We will support any criminal action against those involved in such behaviour, and should evidence point to the involvement of Chelsea season ticket holders or members the club will take the strongest possible action against them including banning orders.'

Good to see the club quickly making a statement on the incident:

Chelsea Football Club has released the following statement regarding the reported incident on public transport in Paris yesterday (Tuesday):

'Such behaviour is abhorrent and has no place in football or society. We will support any criminal action against those involved in such behaviour, and should evidence point to the involvement of Chelsea season ticket holders or members the club will take the strongest possible action against them including banning orders.'

They done the same after the Anton Ferdinand incident in Genk. 1100 traveled. 1100 didn't get banned.

They done the same after the Anton Ferdinand incident in Genk. 1100 traveled. 1100 didn't get banned.

I guess we'll see what happens, not expecting much but hopefully the ones thats clearly seen doing it in the footage will be identified and banned.

In all honesty, its a stupid act but it happens literally everywhere so lets not single out one club, extremely small minority of idiots.

Way to deal with this? If you watch the clip in full you can see close up facial shots, front page newspaper it, name and shame - I bet they would instantly change their tune going into work on Monday seeing an ethnic co-worker.

Big boys in a big boy group, ooer.

After the JT incident with Anton, I can remember at least three games when the home fans when we were away sung 'youre just a bunch of racists' 'your captain is a racist' etc. I heard the chant that was sung last night sung back by a few.

Self fulfilling prophecy is common amongst groups - Spurs fans calling themselves 'yids' 'yid army'. Black youth in Compton calling themselves 'niggers', the media in the 70s telling millwall fans no ground wants you and no one likes you became them singing 'noone likes us and we dont care'.

Not justifying the drunken mongs last night, but it has to be seen in the wider context, and I dont think its some sinister nazi plot