New member from Russia

simon_me

Yeah, today he was buried. Never liked him as a politic, but his death is absolute shocker for me... In russian TV there's some more versions - journalists seriously talking about US or Ukraine forces who can kill him to create a negative atmosphere, which is nonsense for me. Anything can happen in Russia - and propaganda will turn everything like Kremlin wants. What's happening is not important, the most important thing is how it will be interpreted on TV.

And noone on TV propaganda doesn't talk about political reasons. I think it's Putin (or his fanatics, as you told), or nationalists, which were fighting in Donbass, came back and forget that there is some laws, which doesn't allow to kill people (oh, wait...).

OK, I've got few questions about this guy and this murder as a whole. Who is this Nemstov guy exactly? Was he a big name that would threaten Putin's position or even his popularity? Was Nemtsov party big? What do Russians think of this death overall and what is the general opinion on him.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you like kokorin and dzagoev, they are two of my favourite players.

And I heard about the news , but I didn't know him beforehand

Dzyuba and Kokorin are crazy mad players, extremely low profile and underrated outside of Russia of course. They need to step outside of Russian league and come to either English or Spanish league, to display their talent.

OK, I've got few questions about this guy and this murder as a whole. Who is this Nemstov guy exactly? Was he a big name that would threaten Putin's position or even his popularity? Was Nemtsov party big? What do Russians think of this death overall and what is the general opinion on him.

In 2015 Nemtsov was a part of opposition, and one of it's leaders. So many times i saw him in Western documentaries as an expert about Russia, so he was popular for foreign journalists.

The thing is that he is (maybe) one of the famoust person in modern opposition, cause in 1990-th he was working in Kremlin, and it's well-known that Yeltsin was thinking to make him heir (but then he choosed Putin). In 2015 he couldn't threaten Putin and couldn't decrease his popularity. You have to admit that there is no politican that can do it in today's Russia. You can read about him more on Wikipedia.

I don't know if you're following the Nemtsov case, but the killers (as officialy claimed) are founded and one of them said that he was one of the murderers. You can read more here. The officals says that murder can be related with Nemtsov's position about Charlie Hebdo (very much doubt it).

There is more questions than answers for everyone (I think that's what officials want).

Do you like kokorin and dzagoev, they are two of my favourite players.

And I heard about the news , but I didn't know him beforehand

Hello! I don't watch russian premier league, so I can't tell you very much specific information about them. Kokorin and Dzyuba are scoring goals, but our premier league is not indicator of talents. I think they must go to european teams to show them, but there is a problem.

Kokorin has the biggest salary among russian players in our league (5 mln euros/year). Dzyuba will go to the most rich club this summer - Zenit and will get even more than Kokorin. Why they got such crazy money? Because of limits to foreign players – biggest clubs try to get the most talented russian players. That's why in European clubs they will get 1/2 or even 1/3 of their current wages, I don't think they will do it.

The only example of it - Denis Cheryshev who is Real Madrid player (currently playing for Villareal on loan) — 23 games, 4 goals and 11 assists. Proud of him.

Dzyuba and Kokorin are crazy mad players, extremely low profile and underrated outside of Russia of course. They need to step outside of Russian league and come to either English or Spanish league, to display their talent.

They won't go to european clubs as long as they get crazy wages in Russia (read my answer to Lucio).

Missed your last questions. You have to understand that Russia is now divided into to pieces - pro Putin people, and Putin haters (obviously, there are people who is not interested in politics, but they don't care about Nemtsov).

The pro Putins (84% of population, as pro goverment social institutes say) will think what TV propaganda will tell them. Although thousands of people came to the streets of Moscow and St.Petersburg to protest against his death. I was among them, but I never respected and trusted him as a politic. I have so many questions to goverment, but it doesn't mean that I support opposition no question asked (and many of my friends do the same).

But many people liked him, especially who remembers him as a Kremlin minister in 1990-th. I saw so many people crying.