Rapkun

Just now, Panic said:

Fekir in the Mertens role is an interesting idea, but I don't think that is how Sarri wants to line up. I don't follow Napoli all that much, but I believe that playing Mertens as a striker was not Sarri's first choice. In the first 9 games of their 2016/2017 season, only Milik and Gabbiadini  were selected as centre-forwards. It wasn't until their 10th game of the season that Mertens was selected as a centre-forward. The reason why this is important is because it indicates that Sarri would prefer a more traditional center-forward. Mertens as a  centre-forward seemed to be the best option that Sarri had. It ended up working out, but I imagine that Sarri will want a natural centre-forward for his first 11.

You're probably right.  I suppose it all depends on what he thinks he has to work with.  At Empoli, he played a 442 diamond (4312).  This is not so different to a 433 with a CF who drops deeper.  Everything I've seen of Fekir, seems like a slower Hazard, in a way.  Really strong on the ball, great dribbler.  Playmaker, first and foremost.  Just not sure that he's got enough pace to be a full time winger.

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

You're probably right.  I suppose it all depends on what he thinks he has to work with.  At Empoli, he played a 442 diamond (4312).  This is not so different to a 433 with a CF who drops deeper.  Everything I've seen of Fekir, seems like a slower Hazard, in a way.  Really strong on the ball, great dribbler.  Playmaker, first and foremost.  Just not sure that he's got enough pace to be a full time winger.

From what I have seen, Sarri's wide players don't play like traditional wingers. They play  a little narrow and get forward into the box. They do need skill to operate in tight spaces and pace does help, but I don't think that pace plays a large factor in a player's success in that position. I don't watch Lyon so I know little of Fekir, but from what I understand of Fekir he is very skillful and he does score goals(I assume this means he likes to get forward and makes good runs). Perhaps he could succeed under Sarri in a wide role or perhaps Sarri could make a slight tweak to his system, as he already suggested he is willing to do so.

10 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'd rather go for Fekir instead of Higuain.  I'm not sure that Fekir could play as an "8", but I think he could kill it in the Mertens role.

The dude has had one good season for Lyon. Before that his stats were about as good as Pedro or Willian. 

23 hours ago, It's too big said:

The dude has had one good season for Lyon. Before that his stats were about as good as Pedro or Willian. 

In the last few years he has scored over 10 goals in 3 different seasons (15 in 2014-15, 14 in 2016-17 and 23 in 2017-18) which for a number 10, is quite good. Considering he was injured in 2015-16 (9 games, 4 goals).. still has 57 goals in all competitions over the last 4 seasons. Willian has only scored 44 goals for us in 5 seasons. Pedro has got 28 in 3 seasons. 

26 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

In the last few years he has scored over 10 goals in 3 different seasons (15 in 2014-15, 14 in 2016-17 and 23 in 2017-18) which for a number 10, is quite good. Considering he was injured in 2015-16 (9 games, 4 goals).. still has 57 goals in all competitions over the last 4 seasons. Willian has only scored 44 goals for us in 5 seasons. Pedro has got 28 in 3 seasons. 

Further proof of how terrible Willians numbers are. Abysmal really. Pedros numbers are better than Willians and Pedro gets double the hate. Really disliked Willian after the complete lack of respect he showed towards Conte.

21 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Further proof of how terrible Willians numbers are. Abysmal really. Pedros numbers are better than Willians and Pedro gets double the hate. Really disliked Willian after the complete lack of respect he showed towards Conte.

Me, too. I would sell all the Brazilians in the squad and stay away from them in the future. For me, the Brazilians players are like Liverpool fans turned pro footballers. Always arrogant, always thinking football spins around them. Before the World Cup I saw interviews from Brazil, including with Gabriel Jesus' mother, all saying how Brazil deserve to win the WC and that there is no other National Team more worthy of this trophy than Brazil because of their history and legendary players and blah blah blah. Oh yeah, you don't say? Fuck you and Brazil, worth the WC my ass, maybe this is why all planet hates this National team because they are full of shite.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Can play as the advanced body in a midfield three or out wide, pass vision is sublime and mentality to match.

Get him

Would just leave us needing to sort out Striker, CB and the FBs lol

But it would be a great help with goals!

Fuck I get out and they pull me back in!

Perfect for the advanced midfield spot. Decent goal return, assists a lot, fantastic on the ball. I'd like to think that even Morata would have enough chances to score created for him with this lad behind him and Hazard + Willian either side of him.

Would be a massive last minute deal. Lyon have fought like crazy to keep him from what I've read so I'm not exactly sure this is a goer.

He can probably play both midfield or attack but I’d prefer we play him on the right if he signs. Productive for Lyon playing in an advanced role, hard working, maybe no raw pace but no slower than, say, Bernardo Silva. To my eyes he seems very much a final third player, previously touted as a false no.9.

I’d prefer someone who has more pace for the RW. If he’s being targeted to play in the midfield three does he have any ability to defend? I doubt it. Hope this is just clickbait... he’d be a decent signing but not the ideal signing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've been linked to everyone and have signed noone (jorginho aside). Marina is a penny pinching half wit when it comes to football. Business wise I'm sure she is a wizard but that's not what we need here. We are genuinely looking for Jack butland as a back up keeper.... I just can't see us signing any big players. That being said I'm not even sure this is what this guy is. Honestly know nothing of him other than he didn't get a look in during the world cup. Also feel very wary of French league players. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You