Rapkun

I have the feeling, based mostly on rumors and reports I must admit, that roman will not cheap out this summer but rather will try to add some real quality names (rather than the likes of zaha, drinkwater, carroll etc we've been hearing ... and buying)... According to the telegraph, we are looking at spend big this summer and that the club will sell a bunch of deadwood to do this:

[...]

Abramovich is keen to spend big this summer, but is facing a shortfall between £50million and £70m if Chelsea fail to qualify for the Champions League and will have to sell players in order to satisfy Financial Fair Play rules.

The club’s loan army could pay dividends, with Chelsea comfortably able to raise over £100million if they sell off some of the players who have spent time elsewhere.

Despite the uncertainty over who will be Chelsea’s manager next season, with head coach Antonio Conte expected to leave, Abramovich is preparing to refresh the club’s squad following a difficult Premier League title defence.

Other than trying to strengthen the defence and midfield, Chelsea will attempt to boost their forward options and are having to consider the possibility of what to do if Real Madrid make a big offer for Eden Hazard.

[...]

Chelsea still hope to convince Hazard to sign a new contract and stay at Stamford Bridge, but face an anxious wait to see if Real firm up their long-term interest with a serious offer.

But Abramovich can easily raise the money to make up a possible Champions League shortfall and satisfy Financial Fair Play without having to sell off any of Chelsea’s stars.

Borussia Dortmund are interested in signing Michy Batshuayi, who Chelsea value at around £50m, while Kurt Zouma and Kenedy would both command at least £20m each. The Blues would also expect to pocket up to £10m for individuals such as Marco van Ginkel, who has been at PSV Eindhoven, and Lucas Piazon, who is helping Fulham’s promotion bid.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Tammy Abraham will not be sold, but Danny Drinkwater could leave Chelsea just one year after his move from Leicester City. West Ham United are one of the clubs ready to pay £30m for the midfielder.

There are also doubts over the futures of David Luiz, who has been out injured after falling out with Conte, and Pedro Rodriguez, who has not been a regular starter this season.

Financial Fair Play rules have limited Abramovich to a net outlay of £119m since 2014, which places the club sixth in the list of the Premier League’s highest spenders and shows how their business model has changed.

Sources close to the Russian insist his commitment to ensuring Chelsea remain successful remains as strong as ever, but he is working under stricter parameters than Manchester City and United.

[...]

4 hours ago, oldportblue said:

I have the feeling, based mostly on rumors and reports I must admit, that roman will not cheap out this summer but rather will try to add some real quality names (rather than the likes of zaha, drinkwater, carroll etc we've been hearing ... and buying)... According to the telegraph, we are looking at spend big this summer and that the club will sell a bunch of deadwood to do this:

That really is music to my ears because in the end of the day bar selling Hazard, that is exactly what we need to do in the summer. Sell the deadwood and aquire proper players in the right positions.

On 5/8/2018 at 11:56 AM, DDA said:

I think Pedro should move on to let CHO come in and shine. That would leave Eden, Willian and CHO. That isn't enough to compete with the big boys on all levels, so bringing in Fekir would make perfect sense.

lol so much LOL

On 5/9/2018 at 6:15 PM, oldportblue said:

+10 likes

On 5/9/2018 at 10:20 PM, DDA said:

That really is music to my ears because in the end of the day bar selling Hazard, that is exactly what we need to do in the summer. Sell the deadwood and aquire proper players in the right positions.

+10 likes

On 5/10/2018 at 3:24 AM, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

lol so much LOL

Why? I dont understand.Dont you think Fekir is better thaon CHO? And we could use Fekir as a striker/false 9

OL are playing Stratsbourg on BT sports at the moment and Fekir is by far the best player on the pitch once again. An absolute beast of a player. I'd be gutted if the scouse get him.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

OL are playing Stratsbourg on BT sports at the moment and Fekir is by far the best player on the pitch once again. An absolute beast of a player. I'd be gutted if the scouse get him.

While I absolutely love Fekir as a player, I don't think he fits into our side. He'd fit into our current 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 (albeit at the expense of Eden) like a glove but the thing is that can't see us continuing with a 3 man backline next season. The kind of names we are linked with seldom play with a 3 at the back formation which leaves us with the standard 4-3-3 formation deployed by Sarri or the 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 deployed by Jardim. Don't personally think we will hire Enrique thankfully. So in a 4-3-3, Fekir will have a hard time fitting in as he is a classic second striker/ No#10. You could argue that he can be played in a midfield three but I don't think that gets the best out of him. In a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1, Fekir will be in direct competition with Eden unless Eden goes back to the left wing which I don't think he should as he seems to have lost a burst of acceleration which made him so deadly on the wing. Maybe the No#10/second striker role is the future for Eden. Due to this, I think Fekir might create a headache for our next manager if we sign him (which we are never going to lol) as he is nowhere near as effective on the wing or in midfield.

I propose that we go after Thauvin, Yeah I know he flopped at Newcastle but he has arguably been the second or third best player in the French league this season and is a winger very much in the Robben mold with good workrate. He brings the kind of stuff our team has been missing lately.

Why Chelsea need to move quickly if they want to sign Liverpool target Nabil Fekir this summer

The French international looks destined for a move this summer

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/nabil-fekir-liverpool-transfer-chelsea-14704359

Just imagine

Eden  Icardi/Lewa  Fekir

On 5/25/2018 at 9:48 AM, Unionjack said:

Why Chelsea need to move quickly if they want to sign Liverpool target Nabil Fekir this summer

The French international looks destined for a move this summer

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/nabil-fekir-liverpool-transfer-chelsea-14704359

Just imagine

Eden  Icardi/Lewa  Fekir

I think we both have the same dreams. Unfortunately I think thats all they are, just dreams.

21 minutes ago, DDA said:

I think we both have the same dreams. Unfortunately I think thats all they are, just dreams.

If we aim for the sky we can fall on clouds! ;)

And at least if the club TRIED for these players it would show some ambition at least.

15 hours ago, Unionjack said:

If we aim for the sky we can fall on clouds! ;)

And at least if the club TRIED for these players it would show some ambition at least.

just found this on sky 

Nabil Fekir has quashed rumours he is close to completing a move from Lyon to Liverpool, but has admitted several clubs are in talks to sign him.

Speaking to Telefoot on Sunday, Fekir said: "I'm not close to Liverpool.

"It's true that there are discussions with several clubs. As I said, I will take the time to think."

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You