What can you tell me about London?

Eden Hazardous

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

London Zoo - who doesn't love penguins, to be fair probably the worst zoo in the UK but.. at least you can say you went.

The Shard - still yet to go.. mostly for ponces to be fair but I wouldn't mind going to up there once or twice.

Natural history museum - buzz off that, went when I was 12 with my school, went back with my best mate aged 24, still as chuffed although this time I didn't cry at the 'live' T-Rex/Raptors..

If you happen to go in the summer then Green Park (Not Hyde) during the day is worth a stroll or eat your lunch there if your walking the majority of places and its near the palace etc.

Thats all I can of except the usual touristy bits of Thames boat ride etc.

Contrary to what has been said, if the sign says 'Models Inside' its not models your going to find in there, its going to be an orange juice that costs you £200.

Contrary to what has been said, if the sign says 'Models Inside' its not models your going to find in there, its going to be an orange juice that costs you £200.

This. Look for the signs that say "Happy ending massage"

On top of the history museum, get down the Science museum as well. That's pretty decent too.

There's also London Dungeons and Madame Tussards which are ok.

My dream place to visit. Hopefully I could finally go there someday. The flight ticket is quite expensive from here. Anyone have an advice of a well known good cheap hotel in London? Ah, if I'm asking too much, just ignore my question.

Stay away from Soho.

I'd advise the complete opposite. Go to Soho and get your end away with an Eastern European sort for a score!!

Visit Camden Markets, all types of food on offer, unique atmosphere within the markets too. Go to the famous Primrose Hill (Regents park area) overlooks the city skyline, great view. If you see a sign saying 'models' on a street door in Soho.. go straight through, and up the stairs.

You guys doesn't help, it will make us tourist even more curious about it :lol:

This. Look for the signs that say "Happy ending massage"

On top of the history museum, get down the Science museum as well. That's pretty decent too.

There's also London Dungeons and Madame Tussards which are ok.

I don't really want to think what that "happy ending" is..

London Zoo - who doesn't love penguins, to be fair probably the worst zoo in the UK but.. at least you can say you went.

The Shard - still yet to go.. mostly for ponces to be fair but I wouldn't mind going to up there once or twice.

Natural history museum - buzz off that, went when I was 12 with my school, went back with my best mate aged 24, still as chuffed although this time I didn't cry at the 'live' T-Rex/Raptors..

If you happen to go in the summer then Green Park (Not Hyde) during the day is worth a stroll or eat your lunch there if your walking the majority of places and its near the palace etc.

Thats all I can of except the usual touristy bits of Thames boat ride etc.

Thanks for the advices. 'Live' T-Rex/Raptors sound pretty interesting :)

i know it is mate, but do you really want him to go to Staines? i mean thats where Ali g lives.

Ali who?

Drink a pint of water fresh from the Thames and brag about it.

Don't even need to mention. That's #1 priority :D Jokes aside, I hate those sons of *#!%s who pollute the water.

Also thanks to all those that replied. It really means! BTW, I don't know if it helps, but probably my girlfriend will be there too, so please don't make me go to places where ponces go.. :sweating:

@RoyalBlues, Since I've been researching and trying to make it as cheap as possible, because as you said it turns out to be very expensive. Here are some websites:

www.lowcostairlines.com

www.ryanair.com

www.hostelworld.com

Also www.couchsurfing.com is a different kind of platform, I'd recommend you to do some research about it. You can even stay at someone's house and get rid of hotel/motel expenses. You might say staying at someone else's house is dangerous, but there are plenty of decent people there. If I'm doing it alone or with a buddy, I'll use CS. But if I'm doing with girlfriend, I will have to stay in a motel or find a girl at CS to host us, I can't make me girlfriend stay at a guy's house, no matter what. :)

Also there are some article who says where to go and what to do in England / London, but unfortunately all are in Turkish. If I find some of those in English ( or Indonesian :D ) I'll share with you.

Ha! I guess "The Museum of Ancient Stuff We Stole From Other Countries" was not very marketable :halo:

We need somewhere to showcase the fact our now-shitty, tiny little island nation founded the greatest empire in world history! We Brits don't have much to shout about these days. Our Prime Minister is all for the privileged elite and doesn't care for the peasantry, i.e. the middle and working classes; we're shit at all the sports we invented; the political system has caused such disillusionment that Scotland wants to fuck off and become an independent country (but still use our currency, health service, etc.); our education system is in sheer decline and we're literally having to pay people to go to university because nobody can afford it; fat bastards living off the state on benefits earn get paid more in a week than honest people can earn in a month, which sums up the horrific entitlement culture that is rife across parts of the nation; our weather is fucking shit; and we're the most apologetic race of people on the planet - a typical Englishman would probably apologise to you after you hit him with a brick (although conversely there are quite a few places in England where if you did that, said Englishman would get back up and beat you to death with a bigger brick. British, and especially English people, are almost afraid to celebrate their Britishness. You don't see St. George's Day even mentioned on the national news in case the Cross offends anyone because of its Crusades connotations. The only time we get to express any sort of national pride is in once-in-a-generation events like when we hosted the best damned Olympics since when the fucking Ancient Greeks did it, other than that we're ever such a chirpy nation. So excuse the nostalgia! :lol:

[/rant]

I'll get a lot of shit for this post but it sums up the frustrations of the working class youth these days, which I'd associate myself with.